Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile’s 5G Reliability Claims Anger Verizon. Verizon asks NAD to step in.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile’s 5G Reliability Claims Anger Verizon. Verizon asks NAD to step in.

Name:  IMG_0153.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  113.2 KB

NAD said it did not accept T-Mobile's argument that superior coverage means superior reliability.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/finan...5g-reliability

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    MT2L03
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I know Verizon is working hard to boost their 5G footprint.

But , realistically , what us the the time frame for catching up to T-Mobile at the lowest bar?: Nationwide lowband 5G coverage from Verizon

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As Danny correctly stated... Coverage does not indicate reliability. This reminds me of a long time ago when AT&T had an ad going against VZW for something like 'best' network.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    The map shows me that I have ‘fair’ 5g coverage and a store manager wanted me to contact tech support to see if there was something wrong with my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to TMobile support. I've heard statements like that from every level of support including the 'Office of Executive Managment' and TMobile engineers telling me that 5g phones have better antenna than existing LTE phones, so you WILL get service in those 'fair' areas. Of course, once TMobile updated its coverage map...those 'fair' areas are now listed as 'No Service'. Not all areas are the same, however.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Name:  IMG_0153.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  113.2 KB

NAD said it did not accept T-Mobile's argument that superior coverage means superior reliability.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/finan...5g-reliability
    The article says: "T-Mobile told the NAD that it would appeal NAD’s adverse recommendations to BBB National Programs National Advertising Review Board."

Good to see T-Mobile isn't backing down.

Feedback Score
    The "funny" thing is over the past couple of years all four major carriers - now three were making all sorts of claims. I guess the 5G claims are hurting Verizon because T-Mobile has its 5G fully deployed nationwide. Verizon is slowly putting their 5G together. Maybe, Verizon is getting it right so It works right and has a lasting effect and generates revenue for them like their current business portfolio. Why rush when you can get it "right" the first time?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkej2k View Post

But , realistically , what us the the time frame for catching up to T-Mobile at the lowest bar?: Nationwide lowband 5G coverage from Verizon
    60-90 days

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

By the end of the year. Many major metros have already had their B5 widened to 10 MHz in preparation for DSS.

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    ......Why rush when you can get it "right" the first time?
    Verizon seemed in a heluva rush to deploy and tout their mmWave 5G, which proved to be a mini disaster for them. T-Mobile sold their "nationwide 5G" without making it clear that their "5G" wasn't really much faster than LTE and, "OBTW, are you enjoying that new $1,000 phone?" Both Verizon and T-Mobile have sold ahead of delivery. Both are approaching "right" from different directions. I suspect, given their relative spectrum potions, T-Mobile may get there first.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    You are right! T-mobile may get there first. Verizon is trying to get the job done right! I'd rather it work the first time around then have sporadic outages or problems. Verizon has the money to buy spectrum and build a top notch 5G network. It takes time, money and the right equipment to do it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Realistically, Verizon (and AT&T) will have their 5G networks ready when there are a significant number of subscribers with 5G phones to use it.

As of now in the US there are about 18 million 5G phone owners. That sounds like a lot, but total cellphone subscribers are ~276 million. 5G phones are 6.5% of the market.

The currently available 5G phones are all expensive models and NO iPhones yet. Next year we should see some mid price 5G phones and the first 5G iPhone.

T-Mo has decided to build a 5G network for the future that hardly anyone can use now. They won the bragging rights to the first nationwide 5G network. Good for them, but the subtitle should be: But it is almost all on band 71 which has very limited bandwidth/capacity and doesn't work significantly better than LTE - and we crippled LTE on band 71 to do it.

That is now. In the next few years 5G will become the new normal, much as we transitioned 2G -> 3G -> LTE.

There is more to 5G than us individuals with our personal cellphones. That market is pretty well saturated. There will be much more connected everything, wireless Internet, and things we haven't even thought of yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    Verizon is slowly putting their 5G together. Maybe, Verizon is getting it right so It works right and has a lasting effect and generates revenue for them like their current business portfolio. Why rush when you can get it "right" the first time?
    Who says T-Mobile isn't getting their 5G network right the first time? T-Mobile is getting it right and doing it faster. That's the difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Who says T-Mobile isn't getting their 5G network right the first time? T-Mobile is getting it right and doing it faster. That's the difference.
    I agree with jet on this. Tmobile hasnt shown any signs of doing it wrong, if anything they seem to be doing it right.

All the companies are in overdrive now to advertise 5g fast out of the gate since its the latest and greatest

In the end we will have 3 carriers with good 5g, maybe at different times but competition should be good

Tmobile has a lot on their plate now. Once the sprint stuff is done it should be smoother sailing for them

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    In the end we will have 3 carriers with good 5g, maybe at different times but competition should be good
    This is the best part of this thread. 'Good' competition makes for innovation, and a change to the status quo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast