Thread: Options? Returned Phone. Want to preorder Fold 2.

Feedback Score

Options? Returned Phone. Want to preorder Fold 2.

So I had the S20 + 5g and I ended up returning the phone. It was successfully returned on August 27th. I then called them to reactivate my old phone (Samsung s7 edge) and that was successful BUT it as of yet not changed on my account. I called back twice and each time the representative said it would take 24 hours to change back and then I should be able to preorder the Fold 2. Iím going to give it until tomorrow and if itís not fixed Iíll call back I guess. What do you think? If itís not fixed should I maybe open a second line to preorder it and then cancel the original line or should I wait/escalate the issue to hopefully get it resolved and then preorder at a later date? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not at all unusual for this happening. It takes a little time for the billing/provisioning system to update itself. Nothing wrong contacting CS on Monday, but realistically it might take at least until Tuesday or within a few more days. I understand you desire to upgrade to a different phone and I don't blame you for you concern. I hope you like the Fold 2, as it is very appealing to me as well. Please update your experience with the forum as it progresses. Best wishes.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Not at all unusual for this happening. It takes a little time for the billing/provisioning system to update itself. Nothing wrong contacting CS on Monday, but realistically it might take at least until Tuesday or within a few more days. I understand you desire to upgrade to a different phone and I don't blame you for you concern. I hope you like the Fold 2, as it is very appealing to me as well. Please update your experience with the forum as it progresses. Best wishes.
    So. Yeah. You were right. This representative said it could take a day to 7 days. What makes me angry is if this whole process started on the 29th at most and not today. I canít do it via the app but I can maybe open a new line to get the phone and when my original line gets sorted out I could just cancel it. I REALLY want this phone BUT only if itís dual 5g on Verizon. If not then maybe I could wait a bit. Iíll still get it on Verizon only because they have a lot of inactive 5gUWB sites here and their unlock policy is favorable (after 60 days) unlike the other carriers. Iím assuming if it were unlocked and I put a T-Mobile /AT&T sim in it it would support their respective 5g bands? Iím also wanting to see who offers the best trade in deals. Iím fearing AT&T will ....I already have the Note 20 Ultra with them because of said trade in deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, the process can be slowed as it takes time to process the device return and once confirmed it will need to be updated as returned to inventory and unassociated with your account. I dealt with this very type of issue when I was a CS rep for At&t, so I am familiar with the general process. It has to go through many hands and can take longer than you might expect. Just trying to holp.....