Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Wifi Calling?

Feedback Score

Tracfone Wifi Calling?

Suddenly on FB I keep getting ads for Trafone wifi calling. I tried brand x wifi calling (Google voice?) on a trip aboard a cruise ship to central American and couldnt make it work. But I read the instructions and saw this about Tracfone Wifi. I dont understand it but I am willing to push buttons to make it work in Nicaragua,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Suddenly on FB I keep getting ads for Trafone wifi calling. I tried brand x wifi calling (Google voice?) on a trip aboard a cruise ship to central American and couldnt make it work.
    Google Voice is VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and it's different from WiFi Calling. You can search the Internet and read about the difference between the two.

Feedback Score
    Suddenly on FB I keep getting ads for Trafone wifi calling. I tried brand x wifi calling (Google voice?) on a trip aboard a cruise ship to central American and couldnt make it work. But I read the instructions and saw this about Tracfone Wifi. I dont understand it but I am willing to push buttons to make it work in Nicaragua,
    go here to enroll for wifi calling - https://e911-reg.tracfone.com/wps/po...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Feedback Score
    But I read the instructions and saw this about Tracfone Wifi. I dont understand it but I am willing to push buttons to make it work in Nicaragua,
    WiFi Calling only works on T-Mobile with Tracfone. It also only works in the US and some territories.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    WiFi Calling only works on T-Mobile with Tracfone. It also only works in the US and some territories.
    Grrrrrr....OK, thanks. It would have been nice of them to tell us that up front.
    https://blog.tracfone.com/convenient-wi-fi-calling/

Feedback Score
    Grrrrrr....OK, thanks. It would have been nice of them to tell us that up front.
    https://blog.tracfone.com/convenient-wi-fi-calling/
    Google Voice should have worked unless the WiFi you were using blocked it. I have had that happen.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone/AT&T has WiFi calling, too. On the right hardware, anyway. iPhone SE (2016) in my case. It was enabled back in March along with VoLTE.

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power/E6/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thu1227 View Post
    Tracfone/AT&T has WiFi calling, too. On the right hardware, anyway. iPhone SE (2016) in my case. It was enabled back in March along with VoLTE.
    Yes, I was quite surprised when my Moto G7 Optimo Maxx (Moto G7 Power) on TracFone AT&T had a pop-up to register for WiFi calling (and VoLTE began working, too).

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Yes, I was quite surprised when my Moto G7 Optimo Maxx (Moto G7 Power) on TracFone AT&T had a pop-up to register for WiFi calling (and VoLTE began working, too).
    Attached is the most recent list (updated 8/13/20) showing non-AT&T devices that are VoLTE-enabled on AT&T network. I have an Essential PH-1 that has VoLTE when used with postpaid AT&T SIM, but not with a BYOP TF/AT&T SIM, even though that SIM was activated around end of June this year and has the "27" in the 9th & 10th digits of the SIM number. Don't know why it isn't VoLTE-enabled on TF/AT&T.

AT&T-VoLTE-Devices-Working-on-ATT-updated-2020-08-13.pdf

Device(s)
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have been playing with a ST LG Premiere Pro Plus. I never used the included VZW sim. I put in my active AT&T sim at initial boot up. Anyway, I noticed that with the AT&T sim there is a dialog for wifi calling in the settings. I hit proceed and it looked as though it reached out to the network and was going to work. It used to stop there and say something to the effect that "this is not supported by your network." It looked like it was going to work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Google Voice should have worked unless the WiFi you were using blocked it. I have had that happen.
    OP was on a cruise ship, which do have restrictions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thu1227 View Post
    Apple does not allow the carriers to lock out some features like you see on some Android phones. You can put an iPhone 6 (or newer) on just about anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Apple does not allow the carriers to lock out some features like you see on some Android phones. You can put an iPhone 6 (or newer) on just about anything.
    Except for no carrier MMS on iPhones on some AT&T MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    Sorry guys remind me again is WiFi calling working on Verizon side or does not?

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Sorry guys remind me again is WiFi calling working on Verizon side or does not?
    does not work for me..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast