Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tracfone Wifi Calling?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Sorry guys remind me again is WiFi calling working on Verizon side or does not?
    Does not work on my Tracfone branded Moto E5 with Verizon service. Wifi calling does not even appear as an option in Settings.

It is enabled and works on Visible.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I can slide the setting to "On" but it doesn't stay on. Tracfone website says my iPhone SE (1st gen) isn't capable (not true). So to confirm your question it's not working for me on Verizon
    Roadtrip

Feedback Score
    I had wifi calling for a while, AT&T sim in an unlocked Galaxy Note 9, but I just noticed the little arrow over the wifi icon is gone. In settings, the wifi calling is off, and when I turn it back on, it just switches itself off again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Oh well, I don't really care because I use Google Voice all the time now.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    does not work for me..
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Does not work on my Tracfone branded Moto E5 with Verizon service. Wifi calling does not even appear as an option in Settings.

It is enabled and works on Visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    I can slide the setting to "On" but it doesn't stay on. Tracfone website says my iPhone SE (1st gen) isn't capable (not true). So to confirm your question it's not working for me on Verizon
    It's January 2021 now, is Verizon still not implemented? I'm new to TF. Just got that eBay deal with Verizon SIM. Tried WiFi calling on unlocked BYOP iPhone 8, the toggle turns on and asks me for E911 all fine, but WiFi calling doesn't work. The carrier name is still showing 'TFW.' Normally the carrier name would change to 'Carrier - WiFi' in the top status bar on iPhone.

Used that WiFi/E911 webpage on tracfone.com to check, says my phone doesn't support it. That's BS, because I know iPhone 8 supports it.

Called TF and went through 2 levels of agents, tried various resets and updates, they said it's all enabled fine on their end. I asked if all 3 networks (VZW, AT&T, TM) have the WiFi calling feature, and he said yes: WiFi calling is implemented on all 3 networks. And he was 2nd level agent.

So I don't know why Verizon wouldn't work.
    Last edited by bfavre444; 01-24-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am thinking it might be getting close with something for Verizon based WiFi calling. The reason why I am thinking that is my A51 S515DL did not have WiFi calling. After the S515DLUDU4BTK4 update, I got WiFi calling with my A51. I am on Straight Talk which is a sister company to Tracfone.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a (rooted) A11
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone on AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    WiFi Calling only works on T-Mobile with Tracfone. It also only works in the US and some territories.
    Why is this the case for wifi calling? I can understand that outbound calls are restricted to US numbers ( unless you subscribe to the international calling plan ), but inbound wifi calls need not be geographically restricted.
    I'd suggest that connecting to a US based VPN, such as your office, would circumvent any geo-check. This should allow google voice on cruise ships too.
    Jake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2