Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Verizon files FCC petition against T- mobile

Feedback Score

Verizon files FCC petition against T- mobile

Last edited by frail; 09-01-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Feedback Score
    It sounds like Verizon has become a bunch of crybabies. Surprising look from the supposed #1 carrier.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Verizon is such a turd of a company. They had spectrum advantages over T-Mobile for years so this comes off as sour grapes now that little old T-Mobile is a true and real competitor now.

For those that say Verizon isn't worried about T-Mobile being a true competitor, look at verizons response right here. The writing is on the wall.

I say screw Verizon and their congested mess of a network, high prices, and crap that comes along with it. They treated their customers like garbage for years and now people have made their choice. Get over it Verizon. T-Mobile will continue to gain customers and grow the network

Verizon knows their network is getting creamed and will continue to do so. This puts their only advantage of network at serious risk now more than ever.

Nobody in their right mind would use verizon if they have other options. Now those options are obvious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Nobody in their right mind would use verizon if they have other options. Now those options are obvious.
    Until T-Mobile converts all their AWS-1 to LTE deploys it's and Sprint's PCS( bands 2/25 ) and/or deploys 2.5 GHz T-Mobile is not an option here.

As far as this petition. Verizon could have avoided this by participating in the auction and buying some or buying/leasing some post auction. In fact Verizon could right now strike deals with companies like Comcast and others who have yet to reach leasing deals with T-Mobile, but choose to whine like b---h.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...0-mhz-spectrum

On August 7, Verizon filed a petition with the FCC, arguing that the additional 600 MHz of spectrum, if granted to T-Mobile, would cause Verizon “competitive harms.”

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I I thought Verizon was planning to use DSS on its Band 5 holdings for lowband NR?

Besides lowband is mainly for coverage as opposed to capacity.

Now who was it on here who claimed that Verizon didn’t see T-Mobile as a competitive threat? The tables are certainly turning!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I guess the corporate "kiddies" don't want to play nice with each other. Mom, it's not fair !!!
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    The coverage difference, particularly in rural areas, is still major. The merger will help that some, but they really just need to get their equipment on the same towers that Verizon and AT&T are on in rural areas.

There are still a lot of rural areas where Verizon and/or AT&T are the only ones that work, and unfortunately T-Mobile is stingy with where they allow roaming. If they just allowed roaming on Verizon or AT&T in areas where they didn't have coverage, it would at least provide something for people traveling to these areas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I I thought Verizon was planning to use DSS on its Band 5 holdings for lowband NR?
    They are. I'm not sure what that has to do with their petition?

Besides lowband is mainly for coverage as opposed to capacity.
    If T-Mobile can get a hold of all 35X35 MHz of band 71 it certainly can provide coverage and capacity

Now who was it on here who claimed that Verizon didn’t see T-Mobile as a competitive threat? The tables are certainly turning!
    No one said that. Strawman argument

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    They are. I'm not sure what that has to do with their petition?

If T-Mobile can get a hold of all 35X35 MHz of band 71 it certainly can provide coverage and capacity

No one said that. Strawman argument
    Sorry you don’t see the correlation of my first comment. My scope is wide and I tend to see things from a different perspective. To each his own, right?

Yes it’d be nice to have 35x35 band 71 nationwide. If you hear of this happening let us know.

If you think nobody has ever made the claim that Verizon doesn’t see T-Mobile as a competitive threat I’d encourage you to do a search. This attitude was especially prevalent during the Sprint merger discussions.

Last edited by @TheRealDanny; 08-31-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola e4, Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...0-mhz-spectrum

On August 7, Verizon filed a petition with the FCC, arguing that the additional 600 MHz of spectrum, if granted to T-Mobile, would cause Verizon “competitive harms.”

This right here is proof that Verizon would rather waste money on legal BS than ACTUALLY improving their network.
    If they'd stop bickering like toddlers, maybe there would be no competitive harm being done.
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Depending on market, this might be either good or bad. For instance, in Houston and San Francisco T-Mobile owns only 10x10 of 600 MHz. T-Mobile would have to obtain 15 MHz more to equal Verizon's current low-band holdings, in either market. Also, didn't Verizon refrain from bidding in the 600 MHz auction, even in markets where they were allowed to? OTOH, I don't believe in allowing any carrier to "corner the market" on spectrum which could be used to establish a 4th carrier.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Motorola e4, Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by navyson View Post
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/operators/verizon-tries-to-prevent-t-mobile-from-getting-more-600-mhz-spectrum
    I love how Verizon is using this petition to literally state that their spectrum holdings, which in turn indicates how strong their network can actually get to, is in fact - - - trash.

Sounds like the same argument Sprint used to get sold off to T-Mobile.

“As shown above, it is T-Mobile that has the most substantial total low- and mid-band spectrum holdings of any provider at the national level,” stated Verizon.

But how about this Verizon. Instead of wasting MILLIONS of dollars in legal fees and petitions, spending those MILLIONS of dollars in expanding your spectrum holdings and network so it won't be trash. The Spectrum auctions ARE PUBLIC after all.

See, deep pockets and high prices doesn't mean its the best network.

(Literally, the image shows that Verizon's Spectrum holdings are lower than that of T-Mobile and AT&T separately. Take a look.)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 9.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  14.3 KB

Device(s)
    Motorola e4, Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Depending on market, this might be either good or bad. For instance, in Houston and San Francisco T-Mobile owns only 10x10 of 600 MHz. T-Mobile would have to obtain 15 MHz more to equal Verizon's current low-band holdings, in either market. Also, didn't Verizon refrain from bidding in the 600 MHz auction, even in markets where they were allowed to? OTOH, I don't believe in allowing any carrier to "corner the market" on spectrum which could be used to establish a 4th carrier.
    T-Mobile is shutting down and divesting a large chunk, if not all of Sprint's 850 Mhz holdings to Dish as part of the merger agreement.
    So Dish will be getting what I call "instant" national towers to turn on.
    (There you go, 4th carrier... who already is in the same level of the game for Spectrum holdings as Verizon)

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    T-Mobile is shutting down and divesting a large chunk, if not all of Sprint's 850 Mhz holdings to Dish as part of the merger agreement. ....
    I didn't even count Sprint's low-band in T-Mobile's holdings. It's 14 MHz which will go to DISH. DISH also has 10 to 20 MHz of band 71, plus about 5 MHz of 700 MHz. A total of 29-39 MHz of low-band but scattered all over the place.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast