Thread: Cdma-less

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Cdma-less

Has anybody attempted to get TF to activate a Verizon network sim specifically for "CDMA-LESS" use, in a BYOP phone. I am pondering the purchase of a TCL 10l phone which is lte only..

thanks..

Feedback Score
    I'll add as we were discussing in another thread that many of us have the cdma-less TF branded MyFlip active. But i don't know if getting a cdma-less phone activated is specific to TF branded phones. Or, in the case of BYOPs if it's specific to make/model since in another thread it's been mentioned their TF/Vzw sim wouldn't work in a cdma-less BYOP. Talking TF/Vzw here.
    Since I'd think soon many more new phones will be cdma-less this may be a good thread to zero in. Thx.
    Last edited by rpz1; 09-01-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I ordered the TLC 10l, got it today.. Swapped the sim from my z3 into and everything works fine.. Really liking the phone as well..

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    I ordered the TLC 10l, got it today.. Swapped the sim from my z3 into and everything works fine.. Really liking the phone as well..
    Mayhap I spoke too soon.. I can do everything but receive text messages.. sends them just fine, including mms.. I have horrible sell service in my home, I will check tomorrow when I go out.. Perhaps I need to have a new sim activated..

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Mayhap I spoke too soon.. I can do everything but receive text messages.. sends them just fine, including mms.. I have horrible sell service in my home, I will check tomorrow when I go out.. Perhaps I need to have a new sim activated..
    I spoke too soon.. The only that worked was calling and sending txt, sometimes it would receive a txt, but not often..
    I went on chat and told them i wanted to activate a new sim with old number and provision it as CDMA-LESS, he knew exactly what I wanted and had it done in less than 10 minutes.. Everything works fine now..

Feedback Score
    I spoke too soon.. The only that worked was calling and sending txt, sometimes it would receive a txt, but not often..
    I went on chat and told them i wanted to activate a new sim with old number and provision it as CDMA-LESS, he knew exactly what I wanted and had it done in less than 10 minutes.. Everything works fine now..
    Excellent. Getting the right CSR is often the key. So this indicates a cdma-less BYOP is good to go; well, at least your TCL. Plus the right rep. Thx for the update.