Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Verizon told to stop most powerful 5G claim after ATT complains to NAD

Name:  IMG_0174.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  80.0 KB

Verizon is still being told to stop claiming its building the most powerful 5G experience for America, with a panel of the National Advertising Review Board (NARB) determining that it boils down to the interpretation of the word powerful.

In May, the National Advertising Division (NAD) recommended that Verizon discontinue the claim that Verizon is building the most powerful 5G experience for America, which appeared in two TV commercials.

NFL: 5G Built Right focused on Verizons installation of its 5G network in Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots, and 5G Built Right: Madison Square Garden showed Verizon installing a 5G network in that New York City venue. AT&T had challenged the commercials to the NAD.

Verizon appealed NADs recommendation, saying that the claim Verizon is building the most powerful 5G experience for America, delivered a present tense message, suggesting that 5G is available now, as well as a future communication that 5G will be available at a later date. Plus, according to Verizons argument, the present tense message was limited to the stadiums shown in the commercials and made it clear that Verizon 5G service is not widely available across the country.

However, the NARB panel concluded that the two commercials did not communicate a present tense network message and that the commercials dont communicate that a Verizon 5G network is generally available in the United States but, rather, that Verizon is committed to building a first-rate 5G network.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...erful-5g-claim

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    The Internet wasnt meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so its insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead its a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text. John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I really wish the phone companies would stop fighting with each other over 5g claims .

Wish they would combine resources and expand FTTH . The cable cos have 70% market share now , so many have no choice and must suffer with only docsis.

I do like them investing in 5G but we need to break up these cable monopolies.

I'm tired of suffering with docsis .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    LTE its the network !

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon told to stop most powerful 5G claim after ATT complains to NAD

Quote Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
    I really wish the phone companies would stop fighting with each other over 5g claims .

Wish they would combine resources and expand FTTH . The cable cos have 70% market share now , so many have no choice and must suffer with only docsis.

I do like them investing in 5G but we need to break up these cable monopolies.

I'm tired of suffering with docsis .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately this will never stop. Thats how they compete for subs. They all pick one specific data point they are winning at and focus on that and make the other data sound un-important so that they are the winner.

Who has the best 5G and who decides what the best is. Verizon says they have the best because its the fastest. T-Mo says they have the best because they have the most 5G coverage. AT&T says they are the best because of the combination of speed and coverage. Who is right?

Who was the best team in the NFL last season, was it the chiefs because the won the Super Bowl or was it the ravens who didnt make it to the Super Bowl but actually won the most games?