Thread: Minor emergency. Cricket phone broke. No dealers in area. Will Att gophone take sim and work?

Feedback Score

Minor emergency. Cricket phone broke. No dealers in area. Will Att gophone take sim and work?

Hi all. My buddy's visiting me in the middle of nowhere and his Cricket Android got smashed There are no dealers for at least several towns around. The only semi close phones I can think of (and get) for him would be Att gophones or whatever they're called these days. I know gophones are locked but will they take Cricket sims because they are both Att network? Just checking as it's basically between a Att prepaid phone or nothing for him till his visits over.

Feedback Score
    Most big box stores like Walmart, target, best buy, etc carry cricket phones. Also if you can get an unlocked phone, it should work.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue 023 View Post
    Hi all. My buddy's visiting me in the middle of nowhere and his Cricket Android got smashed There are no dealers for at least several towns around. The only semi close phones I can think of (and get) for him would be Att gophones or whatever they're called these days. I know gophones are locked but will they take Cricket sims because they are both Att network? Just checking as it's basically between a Att prepaid phone or nothing for him till his visits over.
    Yes, AT&T allows their carrier-locked prepaid and postpaid phones to be used on Cricket and their MVNOs.

Phones that are not Cricket branded generally do not get VoLTE voice service on Cricket. Otherwise they are fully functional. I have several AT&T Prepaid phones. They work fine on Tracfone-AT&T.

GoPhone is now called AT&T Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue 023 View Post
    Yes, I've done it before in this situation.

Feedback Score
    Any AT&T phone will work with Cricket. Cricket phones will not work for anything except Cricket. Why they are not interchangeable is strange.

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app