Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Verizon CBRS auction failure

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You seriously expect someone to list them here? Tell me the county your interested an I'll tell you who bought what there
    No I do not sorry for that I must be stupid cause I can't figure out the results at all. The county I was looking for result's is Cecil County Md.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    It looks like Verizon didn't bid in Reno/Washoe County, but got 3 PALs in Las Vegas/Clark County. In Reno/Washoe Spectrum got 4 PALs and Dish got 2. https://auctiondata.fcc.gov/public/p...lts_by_license

Something tells me Dish will sit on the licenses and do nothing, or sell to Verizon.
    I thought Dish wasn’t suppose to do that with the merger as the 4th carrier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post

According to this pre-auction article, Dish bid under the name Wetterhorn Wireless: https://www.lightreading.com/5g/veri.../d/d-id/761573

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Feedback Score

Verizon CBRS auction failure

According to this pre-auction article, Dish bid under the name Wetterhorn Wireless: https://www.lightreading.com/5g/veri.../d/d-id/761573

I think the carriers all bid under other 3rd party names and / or use a 3rd party agency to bid.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Hpue at 28dbm limit will help a bit. Also, the upload carrier aggregation they are improving with NR will help immensely. Can be on mid band download and upload on low band.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    HPUE is approved for B14 only, so only AT&T customers will be able to leverage it.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    HPUE is approved for B14 only, so only AT&T customers will be able to leverage it.
    I see HPUE is also approved for B41 for +3dBm (26dBm max), so it appears it can also help TMO customers a little bit.

Feedback Score

Everything for my county NJ-029 is under that name.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    I see HPUE is also approved for B41 for +3dBm (26dBm max), so it appears it can also help TMO customers a little bit.
    Yes, I believe on LTE b41 is 28 dbm class 3 while b 14 is 31dbm class 2. Higher dbm on b14. (Class 2 and 3 might be reversed)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    No I do not sorry for that I must be stupid cause I can't figure out the results at all. The county I was looking for result's is Cecil County Md.
    Dish got 3 blocks
    XF Wireless Investment got the other 4

I have no idea who XF is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Dish can lease it's spectrum. Until a network is built. They are supposed to be leasing their 600 MHz to T-Mobile in fact but haven't come to an agreement. Also the ban on selling spectrum in only for 3 years. So in 2023 they can sell any and all of their spectrum if they wish

Feedback Score
    Yet other companies thought otherwise. It's fine. It goes over 1 mile even 2. Hell they just had mmwave got 2.3 miles.
    No, it's not "fine".

It works very poorly in rural areas. It even works poorly indoors in urban and suburban areas. Ask any Sprint customer how well 2.5GHz works indoors. Not very well in most cases.

You simply can't cover an entire country well without low-band.

And I'm aware what Qualcomm theoretically demonstrated. mmWave will not travel anywhere close to 2.3 miles in real world use. It's going to be almost impossible to have absolutely nothing in between you and the cell tower for 2.3 miles unless you're in the middle of the desert or something. In the real world there are trees, buildings, mountains, and many other things that can block signals. And mmWave is very easily blocked.

Carriers will not be using mid or high-band in most rural areas, only low-band. I'm not telling you what anyone "deserves", I'm explaining the laws of physics and why it makes no financial sense for the carriers to do that, which is why they aren't.

An empty stretch of highway in Montana doesn't need n41 and mmWave. That would be useless.

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Dish got 3 blocks
    XF Wireless Investment got the other 4

I have no idea who XF is.
    I believe XF wireless is Comcast think I read that some where I could be wrong. https://www.telecompetitor.com/big-c...h-cox-comcast/ Found this. Is there a map that shows the counties by block yet.
    Last edited by bcltoys; 09-06-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcspidey4 View Post
    You simply can't cover an entire country well without low-band.
    No one said that. Got to love people that make up stuff. Please quote me where I said "cover entire counties with midband and mmwave ". I'll be waiting.

And I'm aware what Qualcomm theoretically demonstrated. mmWave will not travel anywhere close to 2.3 miles in real world use. It's going to be almost impossible to have absolutely nothing in between you and the cell tower for 2.3 miles unless you're in the middle of the desert or something. In the real world there are trees, buildings, mountains, and many other things that can block signals. And mmWave is very easily blocked.
    The point is they are working on improving the technology which people like you seem to want to totally ignore. Not sure if you're being purposely obtuse or are actually obtuse. Consider PROOF of such improve is shown and you still are stubborn I'm leaning towards the latter

Carriers will not be using mid or high-band in most rural areas, only low-band. I'm not telling you what anyone "deserves", I'm explaining the laws of physics and why it makes no financial sense for the carriers to do that, which is why they aren't.
    yes you are. When you clearly say "You area doesn't needs this" You are in fact telling me what I deserve or not. You know NOTHING of my area or what it needs. So really maybe shut your yap about what it needs or not. Maybe a 27 year resident that knows the area like the back of his hand is just a teeny bit more knowledgeable than you about his area.

An empty stretch of highway in Montana doesn't need n41 and mmWave. That would be useless.
    Quit strawmanning. You pick the most extreme example and then use that to equate to all "rural areas". Hyperbolic much? even "rural" areas have are with lot of people. Not sure why you're such a hater it doesn't affect you one bit.

Feedback Score
    No one said that. Got to love people that make up stuff. Please quote me where I said "cover entire counties with midband and mmwave ". I'll be waiting.

The point is they are working on improving the technology which people like you seem to want to totally ignore. Not sure if you're being purposely obtuse or are actually obtuse. Consider PROOF of such improve is shown and you still are stubborn I'm leaning towards the latter

yes you are. When you clearly say "You area doesn't needs this" You are in fact telling me what I deserve or not. You know NOTHING of my area or what it needs. So really maybe shut your yap about what it needs or not. Maybe a 27 year resident that knows the area like the back of his hand is just a teeny bit more knowledgeable than you about his area.

Quit strawmanning. You pick the most extreme example and then use that to equate to all "rural areas". Hyperbolic much? even "rural" areas have are with lot of people. Not sure why you're such a hater it doesn't affect you one bit.
    You live in a "county seat" of 4,000 people, what Verizon cares about is that the service works you can make calls and connect to datta. What they don't care about and what the average citizen besides anyone on here cares about is if they get 100mbps+ or not.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    I believe XF wireless is Comcast think I read that some where I could be wrong. https://www.telecompetitor.com/big-c...h-cox-comcast/ Found this. Is there a map that shows the counties by block yet.
    I don't think any has made a map. Spectrum Omega probably will once the licenses have actually been awarded

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast