Thread: What's the best way to upgrade from 3G to 4G?

Feedback Score

What's the best way to upgrade from 3G to 4G?

I purchased a 4G phone and want to upgrade from my 3G phone. Should I call the 800#, go online and use the Activate process, or use chat?

Device(s)
    Note20U, Pixel4XL, Axon 10P, Atom, MoFi, i8(work), etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, Tmo, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    I used chat to do this. You need an unused Pageplus or Tracfone-family Verizon-based SIM. I used a straight talk SIM and it worked fine.
    --
    CellGuru

Feedback Score
    I just need a basic phone. I purchased LG Classic L125DL TracPhone at Target for $19.99

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsled7 View Post
    I just need a basic phone. I purchased LG Classic L125DL TracPhone at Target for $19.99
    Your good with that phone and the sim that came in it. Use chat and easy transfer of your number and balance.
    Have the imei and sim # of the new phone handy (should be on a card that came with the phone). Don't mention anything about TF; they always try to sell you one of theirs which is the exact same TF phone/sim.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Have the imei and sim # of the new phone handy (should be on a card that came with the phone).
    That was true for me too. Plus I had to have the imei of my old 3G phone. Not sure why the imei of any phone was really required. I thought they activated the 4G SIM, and any compatible phone into which you inserted that activated SIM, worked.

Also, PCC mailed me the 4G SIM for free. So, I unsure why anyone would need to play "games" using a non-PCC SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    .......Also, PCC mailed me the 4G SIM for free. So, I unsure why anyone would need to play "games" using a non-PCC SIM.
    The sims already in the phone he bought. Even if it was a BYOP, PPC sims are TF sims, nothing special, and only cost $1, and have it today not wait for the mail. That's why if I want to activate a new branded TF/Vzw company phone I use the sim that comes in it. If it's a BYOP I get a TF sim off the shelve at a local store. Look at the sim you get from PPC (not the folder it comes in). It's TF. There's no game playing. They're all the same company, just the plans are different.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Look at the sim you get from PPC (not the folder it comes in). It's TF. There's no game playing. They're all the same company, just the plans are different.
    You're correct. I never noticed.

While the folder says "Page Plus", and the SIM card card (the credit card like object... I don't know what it is really called) says "Verizon compatible", the SIM card-card has a serial number on it starting with the characters of TF. I guess that is what you mean.

While a TF logo'ed SIM might cost only $1, it requires one to drive into a COVID-19 cloud to retrieve. Whereas, the no cost Page Plus SIM gets mailed to one's house. Unless you are doing this on 12/31/2020, I don't see the rush. For me, I was able to continue to use my 3G phone until the Page Plus 4G/LTE SIM arrived.