Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: This is so stupid if true....

Feedback Score

This is so stupid if true....

https://www.techradar.com/news/iphon...the-fastest-5g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    I find this one really hard to believe especially with Verizon pushing MMwave HARD. Plus I feel like if they can get it in the smaller s20 I feel like they can in the iPhones as well. The more likely Scenario is that they leave millimeter wave out of the regular 12 and put it in the pro.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    I find this one really hard to believe especially with Verizon pushing MMwave HARD. Plus I feel like if they can get it in the smaller s20 I feel like they can in the iPhones as well. The more likely Scenario is that they leave millimeter wave out of the regular 12 and put it in the pro.

because at&t and T-Mobile are perfectly fine with sub 6 GHz only 5G phones. This is why Verizon has special models of the S20, A51 5G and A71 5G. They aren't pushing mmwave so not insisting on mmwave 5G phones hurts Verizon and they know it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    because at&t and T-Mobile are perfectly fine with sub 6 GHz only 5G phones. This is why Verizon has special models of the S20, A51 5G and A71 5G. They aren't pushing mmwave so not insisting on mmwave 5G phones hurts Verizon and they know it.
    In my opinion the other providers are severely underestimating millimeter waves capabilities and improvements that will come over time… Someday we will look back and laugh at how bad they underestimated it. Just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    In my opinion the other providers are severely underestimating millimeter waves capabilities and improvements that will come over time… Someday we will look back and laugh at how bad they underestimated it. Just my opinion.

Both have spent BILLIONS on what they like to call "useless" spectrum. Which I find odd, and yes when they deploy it and the vast majority of their customer base with 5G phones can't even access it and they tell them "Oh yeah you need to by a new phone" their customers won't be very happy. they have all 3 layers of their spectrum "cake" as the call it, deployed in NYC and yet the majority of 5G phones sold on T-Mobile don't have access to all 3 layers. Also I'd like to point out even those that do have phones with mmwave don't have the truly unlimited data that Verizon offers on its mmwave network

Feedback Score
    Both have spent BILLIONS on what they like to call "useless" spectrum. Which I find odd, and yes when they deploy it and the vast majority of their customer base with 5G phones can't even access it and they tell them "Oh yeah you need to by a new phone" their customers won't be very happy. they have all 3 layers of their spectrum "cake" as the call it, deployed in NYC and yet the majority of 5G phones sold on T-Mobile don't have access to all 3 layers. Also I'd like to point out even those that do have phones with mmwave don't have the truly unlimited data that Verizon offers on its mmwave network
    Good points!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Here is an interesting read. I know it’s geared more towards broadband modems than handset modems but it shows you the potential on how far and fast the technology is progressing. In this article they referenced making a successful connection at 2.3 miles.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/08/31/q...adband-modems/

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Well, not unprecedented, the iphone 4 came out a year after Verizon had launched their LTE service, with no LTE support in it. In this case, rather than mmwave being absent I guess restricted to one model? I see each variants bigger than the last, and this is the biggest one; maybe the mmwave support really sucks down the power and they decided they needed the bigger battery? I'm more an Android guy myself, but I assume iPhone 13 will probably have mmwave in all it's variants.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    Well, not unprecedented, the iphone 4 came out a year after Verizon had launched their LTE service, with no LTE support in it. In this case, rather than mmwave being absent I guess restricted to one model? I see each variants bigger than the last, and this is the biggest one; maybe the mmwave support really sucks down the power and they decided they needed the bigger battery? I'm more an Android guy myself, but I assume iPhone 13 will probably have mmwave in all it's variants.
    More importantly, they better have Verizon’s low band since it’ll be launching end of year. I mean there are already a few/couple of phones that do support it I know it’s low band but still ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    What phones that came out this year don’t support them?

Feedback Score
    Maybe not T-Mobile as I haven’t read much on where they have mmwave live but AT&T seems to be pushing it and likely to announce more cities by the end of the year and also hopefully enhancing it in cities like mine that already ha e it. How is Verizon not pushing mmwave?

Feedback Score

I guess it’s a second year I only buy one iPhone ...NOT!! I’ll get one on Verizon and one on T-Mobile since my last T-Mobile phone was the note 9

Device(s)
    Motorola e4, Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score

Yet as it stands mmWave is ONLY used in the US and is so limited that someone walking between you and the tower and you loose 5G for up to 5 minutes. (On some devices, it loses all data for a minute.)
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    What phones that came out this year don’t support them?
    S20, A51 5G, A71 5G there own branded RVVL 5G

Feedback Score
    Maybe not T-Mobile as I haven’t read much on where they have mmwave live but AT&T seems to be pushing it and likely to announce more cities by the end of the year and also hopefully enhancing it in cities like mine that already ha e it. How is Verizon not pushing mmwave?

I never said Verizon wasn't pushing mmwave and I'm no sure how you got that from my post. I'm clearly talking about T-Mobile and at&t.

because at&t and T-Mobile are perfectly fine with sub 6 GHz only 5G phones. ........................ They aren't pushing mmwave so not insisting on mmwave 5G phones hurts Verizon and they know it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast