Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: This is so stupid if true....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Yet as it stands mmWave is ONLY used in the US and is so limited that someone walking between you and the tower and you loose 5G for up to 5 minutes. (On some devices, it loses all data for a minute.)
    Total BS...

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ∑T∑∑∑Mobile∑ USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Total BS...
    You've clearly never used it, it's so sensitive.. I had to have a "professional" install in Chicago to put an outdoor antenna 10' away from my window because there was a fully grown tree between the window and the mmWave site on the light post causing it to randomly drop to LTE (i'm on the 3rd floor)

I mean, i'm cool with it for $50/mo.. but mmWave is truly fickle and really will only be useful outdoors with performance like that.

But hey, after it was done.. i'm not mad at these speeds:

T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more ďruralĒ areas)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    You've clearly never used it, it's so sensitive.. I had to have a "professional" install in Chicago to put an outdoor antenna 10' away from my window because there was a fully grown tree between the window and the mmWave site on the light post causing it to randomly drop to LTE (i'm on the 3rd floor)

I mean, i'm cool with it for $50/mo.. but mmWave is truly fickle and really will only be useful outdoors with performance like that.

Iv seen people reporting it working inside now and with software updates it working up to 2k feet from the node.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Motorola e4, Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Iv seen people reporting it working inside now and with software updates it working up to 2k feet from the node.

Most indoor usages being reported are for 5G non-mobile (internet for the home) with a node directly outside, which is what the original poster you replied to seems to be getting at as well.

Most phones right now cannot get 5G indoors very well, if at all, and like this other person stated, he had issues getting a signal inside due to a tree.
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Agree. They claim they do not have the space inside, yet rumors say they shrunk the battery and other OEM's are able to get mmwave in their devices and not have them be drastically thicker.

Feedback Score
    And this is why Iím holding onto my iPhone 11 Pro.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ∑T∑∑∑Mobile∑ USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Yeah Iím holding on for another year as well, Iíve learned with iPhones.. the first one is always a hot mess and Iím not dropping $1,500 just to have less battery life.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Yeah Iím holding on for another year as well, Iíve learned with iPhones.. the first one is always a hot mess and Iím not dropping $1,500 just to have less battery life.
    Same. Perfectly happy with my 11 Pro. Best iPhone I've had in years (and I usually upgrade annually).

Feedback Score

Yes because 4G is EACTLY the same as it was in 2010 with ZERO improvements. 5G will be the same in 2030 it will be EXCATLY the same. You actually believe that BS? I have some gold mines in Florida to sell you cheap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Agree. They claim they do not have the space inside, yet rumors say they shrunk the battery and other OEM's are able to get mmwave in their devices and not have them be drastically thicker.
    If they remove the CDMA radios they have room.

Feedback Score

This is so stupid if true....

If they remove the CDMA radios they have room.
    No!! Lol I want to ONLY buy one iPhone this year and not want to buy more than that because 2 or more of them are the same lol. I want to buy only the Pro Max Iím an phone addict who needs the will and reason to just say NO lol

I donít remember the reason but last year I only bought the Pro Max

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Most indoor usages being reported are for 5G non-mobile (internet for the home) with a node directly outside, which is what the original poster you replied to seems to be getting at as well.

Most phones right now cannot get 5G indoors very well, if at all, and like this other person stated, he had issues getting a signal inside due to a tree.

Feedback Score
    I mean at the end of the day it really depends on the connection from the carrier to the server and then if the server can even handle such upload and download speeds. With as efficient website coding and web design has gotten lately and the Internet itself has become such as with HTTP/2, it is it really that noticeable? You can only download a website so fast before it plateaus and the internet connection speed doesnít matter. Iím seeing this with my gigabit Fios connection.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ∑T∑∑∑Mobile∑ USA
    Feedback Score
    Yes because 4G is EACTLY the same as it was in 2010 with ZERO improvements. 5G will be the same in 2030 it will be EXCATLY the same. You actually believe that BS? I have some gold mines in Florida to sell you cheap.
    Lol wat? It still stands to say, PCS still penetrates walls at the same rate it did in 1995, same with 850MHz and AWS for that matter.

Physics determines that, not the actual QAM modulation on the airlink itself Now.. they can densify the network and get creative with repeaters.. but that does not change the fact of how fragile a particular frequency is. Also, the radios sure can get better.. but no amount of creative science is going to make mmWave pass through a wall without cooking whatever is in it’s path with power.

Also, in 2010.. I was getting 80-100Mbps with LTE, due to it being uncongested on Verizon, so *for me* It was great from the start

T-Mobile, i was getting 35-40Mbps on their HSPA, so it was also superb.

Feedback Score
    Total BS...
    Oh yeah?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast