Thread: Combine/Merge

Feedback Score

Combine/Merge

Tried to move the minutes from my Mom's phone to another phone in my account today. I got

(I am sorry! We do not have an option to combine the balance of two phones.)

Guess I will have to try again later with a smarter chat person.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    Tried to move the minutes from my Mom's phone to another phone in my account today. I got

(I am sorry! We do not have an option to combine the balance of two phones.)

Guess I will have to try again later with a smarter chat person.
    That rep was either incompetent or might have thought that you wanted to keep both phones active after the merge. Try saying something like your Mom's phone is not being used much or will expire soon, so you want to add its remaining buckets/days to another phone then deactivate your Mom's phone.

Feedback Score
    I had difficulties the last time I did this, too-- and got that same answer at least twice, at various stages. Finally got it done, but it was a real mess with losing a number, losing service while they sent a new SIM, lost units that finally got straightened out by Executive Resolutions after filing a complaint. Definitely my worst Tracfone experience, and likely would have been a very unhappy ending if I hadn't documented each step of the way.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I did a merge on 4/8/20 and this is how it went.

Jorge: Thank you for visiting TracFone Wireless.
    Jorge: How can I help you?
    Hi Jorge. My phone 804-xxx-1234 will expire next week. Can I have its remaining units added to my phone 785-xxx-5678?
    Jorge: Please allow me a moment to look into this.
    ok
    Jorge: I can certainly help you transfer the balance; however, keep in mind that if the balance is transferred, all the service will be transferred. Therefore, the phone number ending in 1234 will be deactivated.
    Jorge: Would you like to proceed?
    I like to keep the number 785-xxx-5678.
    Jorge: Sure. That number will not be deactivated. All the balance of the one ending in 1234 can be transferred to the one ending in 5678.
    Sounds good. Please proceed.
    Jorge: May I have the security PIN of the account?
    xxxx
    Jorge: That's correct.
    Jorge: One moment, please.
    Jorge: Thank you for continuing to use TracFone Wireless as your service provider. The IMEI number of the phone will remain in the account.
    Jorge: One moment, please.
    Jorge: The reference ticket number is 121643xxxx and the service end date is on 10/4/20xx.
    Jorge: The balance was already transferred successfully.
    thanks for your help. stay safe.
    Jorge: You are very welcome and stay safe too.
    Jorge: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
    That's all for now. Thank you.
    Jorge: You are welcome.

Feedback Score
    Everything went smooth with the new chat person. Didn't need the extra phone, and it had over 1,000 minutes on it.

Feedback Score
    I did it in July via online chat. I suspect if I activate the phone I transferred from, using the same zip code, I'll get the old phone number back, but I haven't tried it.
    Tracfone rewards referral code LVNO-CB72 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.
    Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    A few months ago, I bought 3 BYOP TF/AT&T SIMs each loaded with a $15 time card. I activated them with "rolling transfers" and ended up with one SIM with 1500 in each bucket and 90 days. I used about 100 units in each bucket for testing and the SIM is expiring at the end of this month. Yesterday I tried using Chat to combine its balance to my other phone, but got a rep who said the phone number must be transferred together along with the balance. I declined and ended the chat. Today I tried again and got a much better rep. It took her less than 5 minutes to add the BYOP SIM's remaining balance and days to my other phone, then deactivated the SIM. Moral of the story..."If at first you don't succeed, try another rep".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I Moral of the story..."If at first you don't succeed, try another rep".
    I wasn't lucky with PagePlus. Tried a couple rep's. I have a old 3G which will be dead tomorrow without a refill and asked to transfer the balance (but not the number) from it to one of my other phones. They said they could only do it if the number came along.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I wasn't lucky with PagePlus. Tried a couple rep's. I have a old 3G which will be dead tomorrow without a refill and asked to transfer the balance (but not the number) from it to one of my other phones. They said they could only do it if the number came along.
    Avoid using the term "Transfer". This is how my chat went today.

Tracfone: Thank you for visiting Tracfone today. How may I help you?
    Maria : Thank you for visiting TracFone Wireless.
    Maria : How may I assist you?
    Hi Maria. My phone 785-xxx-1234 will expire soon. Can I have its remaining balance added to my phone 785-xxx-5678 ? I want to keep the number ending in 5678.
    Maria : I will be glad to assist you with that.
    Maria : Thank you for continuing to use TracFone Wireless as your service provider.
    Maria : Please allow me a moment to look into this.
    Maria : Prior making any changes to your account, we must validate your identity. We want to make sure the changes being requested are done for the owner of the phone.
    Maria : May I have the security PIN of your account?
    Maria : Thank you.
    Maria : Allow me a moment to process your request.
    Maria : I already transferred the airtime to the number ending in 5678. Your ticket number is 12228xxxxx.
    Could you give me the new balance of phone 5678 ?
    Maria : Please allow me a moment to look into this.
    Maria : Our records show that you have xxxx voice minutes, xxxx text messages and xx.xx GB of data.
    That's great. Thank you very much for your help, Maria.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Historically, PPC could/would never combine balances. I have not read about any better success with getting PPC to combine balances since TF took over.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Avoid using the term "Transfer". This is how my chat went today.
    Thx. That's pretty much word for word how my chat went. No go. Only time I had success with them was when I moved the number too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    I did it in July via online chat. I suspect if I activate the phone I transferred from, using the same zip code, I'll get the old phone number back, but I haven't tried it.
    Well, I tried it.
    Date airtime transferred out 7-23
    Date phone reactivated on Verizon 9-07
    Got the same phone number.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    No balance transfers on PPC as far as I've ever been aware. Not like TF at all in that respect. The PPC balance has to stay with the established number/line of service.