Thread: Adding FreedomPop 12 month plan to existing account

Feedback Score

Adding FreedomPop 12 month plan to existing account

I have the 12 month plan that will be expiring on Sept 10th. I purchased another card from Best Buy. How do I add this card to my current account?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately you can't renew your existing plan that way. The only way to extend your existing plan is directly through FreedomPop at full retail price.

You will have to start a new account with the card from Best Buy. That also means you will have a different phone number. I just use Google voice since the native calling on FreedomPop app is so unreliable for voice calls.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    you cannot use a new card to refill an existing account, would have to renew with a credit card online

you could start over with a new account and new freedompop number.

you could than contact support and ask if they could perhaps move your old number to the new account, but chances are you will find out that is not possible. one solution if you have been using the number and need it would be to port it out perhaps to google voice or another service and forward those calls to your new number or simply use google voice with your new freedompop account

edit: i see Digital Rules was pretty much typing same thing as me at the same time, sorry for duplicate answer

Feedback Score
    I'll just start over with a new account. I don't use talk or text. I only use the data on a tablet. A new number is no big deal for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    I'll just start over with a new account. I don't use talk or text. I only use the data on a tablet. A new number is no big deal for me.
    On my FP accounts, I don't even know what the number is. In one case, I don't think I even have a number!