Thread: Launch Device Pulse - Tracfone

Feedback Score

Question Launch Device Pulse - Tracfone

Samsung J7 Crown - Tracfone
    "Launch Device Pulse"
    Shows up on phone.

Anyone know what this is? And HOW to get rid of it?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    It collects SIM, Phone, Brand changes, device properties (such as battery capacity, storage, and available memory), Cloud ID, Ad ID, (Phone Number and Geolocation in order to provide branded and localized experiences - https://www.reddit.com/r/TracFone/co...e_seems_to_be/ to disable the app, see here - https://turkforums.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=204

Feedback Score
    Something to so with this App?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vices&hl=en_US

Perhaps if you uninstalled or disabled the App, assuming you don't want it?
    Tracfone rewards referral code LVNO-CB72 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.
    Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You can't easily remove it. It came in with the Android 9 update to the J7 Crown.

You have to disable it from a computer with adb with USB debugging enabled.

Feedback Score
    I read the linked forum threads and the Google Play Store reviews for this app, and it seems that Tracfone sneaks this app in with OS updates on Moto and Samsung phones.

I would like to thank the person who started this thread for making me aware of this "Device Pulse" app, as I absolutely could not tolerate this app stuck on my phone.

Looks like my next phone will be BYOP or maybe a Tracfone branded LG device.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The app doesn't show up on my BYOP Moto G6.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lg800g user View Post

Looks like my next phone will be BYOP or maybe a Tracfone branded LG device.
    The app was pushed onto my and my wife's Tracfone branded LG Rebel 4 a couple of days ago during an Android (8.1) update. I had nags to enable the app as well as something about letting wifi automatically find open hotspots. I disabled the wifi thing (sorry, forgot exactly what it was) and cleared the message to enable Pulse and so far have not been nagged again about either one. But thanks to this thread, I now know what to do if I get nagged again.
    Last edited by ultrawolf; 09-09-2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    The app was pushed onto my and my wife's Tracfone branded LG Rebel 4 a couple of days ago during an Android (8.1) update. I had nags to enable the app as well as something about letting wifi automatically find open hotspots. I disabled the wifi thing (sorry, forgot exactly what it was) and cleared the message to enable Pulse and so far have not been nagged again about either one. But thanks to this thread, I now know what to do if I get nagged again.
    Thanks for that information. I also updated my LG Rebel 4 a few days ago, but did not get the Device Pulse app pushed onto it. Maybe because my LG phone has no service days left and I keep the Tracfone app un-updated. I keep the device powered off in my desk drawer as a possible emergency back up phone, and it's been more than a year since I had service on it.

I only power it on every few months for the Moto security updates and to update the basic Google apps that I would use if the phone got put back into service. I've never bothered to update the Tracfone app, however, when doing this. Having an out of date Tracfone app maybe saved me from Device Pulse app.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone Device Pulse.

Anyone know specifically HOW to get rid of this App ?

I have disabled all. But randomly throughout the day I get notifications to enable or turn on the App. Can't seem to figure out how to stop these annoying random notifications.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I went to settings>apps>device pulse pull up app, scroll down to added from google play, click on message, bring up app and uninstall. worked for me on my moto g6

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    Tracfone Device Pulse.

Anyone know specifically HOW to get rid of this App ?

I have disabled all. But randomly throughout the day I get notifications to enable or turn on the App. Can't seem to figure out how to stop these annoying random notifications.
    If the phone came with it, there is no way to remove it unless you root the phone. A lot of Tracfone phones can not be rooted due to locked firmware/bootloaders.

If it came in a phone as an update, you may or may not be able to remove it for the same reasons as above, but you could uninstall it.

The best way to disable it is use USB with adb.

I am shocked your phone is complaining about it needing to be enable because when I disable it on the phones that I have used, the phone has never complain yet. This is including the phones that I had to disable via USB with adb.