Thread: Trouble making calls but good internet download speed

Device(s)
    LG G-3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Trouble making calls but good internet download speed

In a rural area where I have a weak signal I keep dropping almost every call i try to make, but I can use any of my app's that use data such as weather radar or maps with good speed.

Does that make any sense?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weldor View Post
    In a rural area where I have a weak signal I keep dropping almost every call i try to make, but I can use any of my app's that use data such as weather radar or maps with good speed.

Does that make any sense?
    Your profile says you have an LG G-3. Could make sense if you never had VoLTE enabled. I think the phone supports it but if you've been active on Vzw since the phone was new maybe you're not provisioned or you just need to go into network settings and turn it on. Cdma phase out is already happening and many rural areas are starting to experience this.

Device(s)
    LG G-3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, need to update my profile, I now have a Samsung S5. The signal strength icon at the top of the screen shows 4G LTE, the network the options I have are Global, LTE/CDMA, LTE/GSM/UMTS, it is set to Global.

Feedback Score
    I was talking the LG G-3. Not familiar with the S5. Global's ok. You can try LTE/Cdma but doubt thats it. There's another switch for VoLTE (ie HD Voice, Enhanced calling, etc.)
    Was everything working before? Is it a Verizon branded phone or BYOP?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    S5 is the same age as the G3 and is 6 years old. Have you considered upgrading to anything more modern?

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Verizon was calling it "Advanced calling 1.0" originally, so it might have something mentioning that in there. My current phone, rather than having a setting in the mobile network settings, there's a seperate "Advanced calling" menu, the first option goes to an ancient-looking mobile web page that has a button to click to "Activate Advanced Calling 1.0", the second menu option "Advanced Calling" (which didn't show up at first....) there's a box in that second menu to turn HD Voice, etc. on or off.

Plan B, fully manual... If you want to turn VoLTE on online, it's listed as a $0 add-on, "HD Voice", the "Activate Advanced Calling 1.0" button in the phone menu is just adding the "HD Voice" add-on to the line. Give it a few minutes and see if some VoLTE option shows up in the settings. If nothing shows up in the menu (it should...) Then you can dial *#*#4636#*#* , pick top option (Phone info), there's on/off switches in there to turn on (depending on what the phone supports...) VoLTE calling, Video calling, and Wifi calling (if Verizon doesn't support some option, the box just turns itself back off after a few seconds.)

Device(s)
    LG G-3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the help. I got the HD Voice activated now i'll wait and see when I get back out to the area where I'm having trouble and see what happens.