Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: just notice 5G in my area..

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,067
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    just notice 5G in my area..

    after looking on rootmetrics.com ive notice that it shows 5G right by my house, not sure what band it is and i only got a hotspot plan (car connect plan)....are they using mmwave or something like mid band? i dont think my state pass the mmwave thing yet....any info on pittsburgh and surrounding areas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,170
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Pretty sure there is mmWave in Pittsburgh. I believe I saw it in another thread. If they have band 5 in your area, then they most likely have n5 running as well, like here in NY.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,067
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Pretty sure there is mmWave in Pittsburgh. I believe I saw it in another thread. If they have band 5 in your area, then they most likely have n5 running as well, like here in NY.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    talk with a friend and ATT is using band 5 for low band 5G i check cellmapper and it shows band 5 around me.. so no its not mmWave, im pretty sure my state still has to pass the bill for mmWave to be installed in the state

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0

    just notice 5G in my area..

    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Pretty sure there is mmWave in Pittsburgh. I believe I saw it in another thread. If they have band 5 in your area, then they most likely have n5 running as well, like here in NY.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I’m not sure if there is mmWave here unless it is concealed in the bottom of these small cells somehow. This is AT&T current small cells set up in Pittsburgh. Is it possible that the 5g+ antenna is concealed in the bottom of this small cell? I only saw band 2/66/30 and LAA coming off these nodes.
    Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  44.5 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,067
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ill have to get my hands on 5G phone and go testing

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,170
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpgh47 View Post
    I’m not sure if there is mmWave here unless it is concealed in the bottom of these small cells somehow. This is AT&T current small cells set up in Pittsburgh. Is it possible that the 5g+ antenna is concealed in the bottom of this small cell? I only saw band 2/66/30 and LAA coming off these nodes.
    Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  44.5 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Ah, I couldn't tell you. The speed test thread would be a good place to ask that question.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,170
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    ill have to get my hands on 5G phone and go testing
    Note 20 ultra. You won't be disappointed.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    565
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    talk with a friend and ATT is using band 5 for low band 5G i check cellmapper and it shows band 5 around me.. so no its not mmWave, im pretty sure my state still has to pass the bill for mmWave to be installed in the state
    I don’t believe they are mmWave. Their are also about 5-6 new nodes ATT put in a few months ago by UPMC in Oakland. I believe all of AT&T’s 5G is still low band as of now.

    As far as the state passing a bill that is not correct. They can put up mmWave whenever they are ready. Verizon already has mmWave equipment installed in Oakland and various other places through the city.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    414
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpgh47 View Post
    I’m not sure if there is mmWave here unless it is concealed in the bottom of these small cells somehow. This is AT&T current small cells set up in Pittsburgh. Is it possible that the 5g+ antenna is concealed in the bottom of this small cell? I only saw band 2/66/30 and LAA coming off these nodes.
    Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  44.5 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    These look like many here in Raleigh. They display 5g on the phone but on speed tests it shows LTE. I don’t understand it mostly


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    5,088
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Pretty sure there is mmWave in Pittsburgh. I believe I saw it in another thread. If they have band 5 in your area, then they most likely have n5 running as well, like here in NY.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    N5 is definitely up and running across most of the Pittsburgh metro area. The AT&T map even reflects it.

    From what I've read across AT&T's public info, mmWave is not live in PGH yet. But it's possible that that's outdated info now.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    414
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    N5 is definitely up and running across most of the Pittsburgh metro area. The AT&T map even reflects it.

    From what I've read across AT&T's public info, mmWave is not live in PGH yet. But it's possible that that's outdated info now.
    AT&Ts map reflects 5g+? How do I know what they have in Raleigh NC? We’re suppose to have 5g+ here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    565
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    N5 is definitely up and running across most of the Pittsburgh metro area. The AT&T map even reflects it.

    From what I've read across AT&T's public info, mmWave is not live in PGH yet. But it's possible that that's outdated info now.
    I believe that is correct. I do not have a 5G device to test it but I believe all of AT&T 5G service in Pittsburgh is just n5. No mmWave that I know of for AT&T that I have seen equipment wise.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    5,088
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    AT&Ts map reflects 5g+? How do I know what they have in Raleigh NC? We’re suppose to have 5g+ here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately it doesn’t. The only info about mmWave that I know about that seems to be up-to-date is this list:

    AZ: Phoenix

    CA: Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Oakland, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, West Hollywood

    FL: Jacksonville, Miami, Miami Gardens, Orlando

    GA: Atlanta

    IN: Indianapolis

    KY: Louisville

    LA: New Orleans

    MD: Baltimore, Ocean City

    MI: Detroit

    NC: Charlotte, Raleigh

    NV: Las Vegas

    NY: New York City

    OH: Cleveland

    OK: Oklahoma City

    PA: King of Prussia, Philadelphia

    TN: Nashville

    TX: Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Waco

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    414
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn’t. The only info about mmWave that I know about that seems to be up-to-date is this list:
    That’s unfortunate. AT&T really needs to make available everything there is about 5g+ locations in these cities. This no transparency is killing me. I know 5g+ isn’t everywhere in these cities but that’s no reason for any customer to not be able to take a look at a map of their city and see where it is or call CS/Tech Support and get that info from them. I mean just look at what Verizon’s doing for their customers and even T-Mobile. And AT&Ts low band map isn’t even interactive. It’s just pictures....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    170
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    5G is horrible for me. I actually returned my S20 because of it. Dropped calls and signal, slower speeds than 4G LTE. I think Lilly is lying to us about faster speeds, and being just as reliable. Other carriers allow you to turn off 5G, but of course AT&T does not have this feature.

    https://arstechnica.com/information-...sted-by-pcmag/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 01:04 PM
  2. AT&T Just turned on 3G in my area
    By SimCardWhore in forum AT&T Network Expansion and Upgrades
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 09:29 AM
  3. AT&T Just turned on 3G in my area
    By SimCardWhore in forum AT&T
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 01:47 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 07:24 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 12:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks