Thread: just notice 5G in my area..

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

just notice 5G in my area..

after looking on rootmetrics.com ive notice that it shows 5G right by my house, not sure what band it is and i only got a hotspot plan (car connect plan)....are they using mmwave or something like mid band? i dont think my state pass the mmwave thing yet....any info on pittsburgh and surrounding areas?

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Pretty sure there is mmWave in Pittsburgh. I believe I saw it in another thread. If they have band 5 in your area, then they most likely have n5 running as well, like here in NY.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Pretty sure there is mmWave in Pittsburgh. I believe I saw it in another thread. If they have band 5 in your area, then they most likely have n5 running as well, like here in NY.

talk with a friend and ATT is using band 5 for low band 5G i check cellmapper and it shows band 5 around me.. so no its not mmWave, im pretty sure my state still has to pass the bill for mmWave to be installed in the state

Feedback Score

just notice 5G in my area..

I’m not sure if there is mmWave here unless it is concealed in the bottom of these small cells somehow. This is AT&T current small cells set up in Pittsburgh. Is it possible that the 5g+ antenna is concealed in the bottom of this small cell? I only saw band 2/66/30 and LAA coming off these nodes.
    Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  44.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ill have to get my hands on 5G phone and go testing

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpgh47 View Post
    I’m not sure if there is mmWave here unless it is concealed in the bottom of these small cells somehow. This is AT&T current small cells set up in Pittsburgh. Is it possible that the 5g+ antenna is concealed in the bottom of this small cell? I only saw band 2/66/30 and LAA coming off these nodes.

Ah, I couldn't tell you. The speed test thread would be a good place to ask that question.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    ill have to get my hands on 5G phone and go testing
    Note 20 ultra. You won't be disappointed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    talk with a friend and ATT is using band 5 for low band 5G i check cellmapper and it shows band 5 around me.. so no its not mmWave, im pretty sure my state still has to pass the bill for mmWave to be installed in the state
    I don’t believe they are mmWave. Their are also about 5-6 new nodes ATT put in a few months ago by UPMC in Oakland. I believe all of AT&T’s 5G is still low band as of now.

As far as the state passing a bill that is not correct. They can put up mmWave whenever they are ready. Verizon already has mmWave equipment installed in Oakland and various other places through the city.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpgh47 View Post

These look like many here in Raleigh. They display 5g on the phone but on speed tests it shows LTE. I don’t understand it mostly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

N5 is definitely up and running across most of the Pittsburgh metro area. The AT&T map even reflects it.

From what I've read across AT&T's public info, mmWave is not live in PGH yet. But it's possible that that's outdated info now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    N5 is definitely up and running across most of the Pittsburgh metro area. The AT&T map even reflects it.

From what I've read across AT&T's public info, mmWave is not live in PGH yet. But it's possible that that's outdated info now.
    AT&Ts map reflects 5g+? How do I know what they have in Raleigh NC? We’re suppose to have 5g+ here.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I believe that is correct. I do not have a 5G device to test it but I believe all of AT&T 5G service in Pittsburgh is just n5. No mmWave that I know of for AT&T that I have seen equipment wise.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    AT&Ts map reflects 5g+? How do I know what they have in Raleigh NC? We’re suppose to have 5g+ here.

Unfortunately it doesn’t. The only info about mmWave that I know about that seems to be up-to-date is this list:

AZ: Phoenix

CA: Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Oakland, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, West Hollywood

FL: Jacksonville, Miami, Miami Gardens, Orlando

GA: Atlanta

IN: Indianapolis

KY: Louisville

LA: New Orleans

MD: Baltimore, Ocean City

MI: Detroit

NC: Charlotte, Raleigh

NV: Las Vegas

NY: New York City

OH: Cleveland

OK: Oklahoma City

PA: King of Prussia, Philadelphia

TN: Nashville

TX: Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Waco

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately it doesn’t. The only info about mmWave that I know about that seems to be up-to-date is this list:
    That’s unfortunate. AT&T really needs to make available everything there is about 5g+ locations in these cities. This no transparency is killing me. I know 5g+ isn’t everywhere in these cities but that’s no reason for any customer to not be able to take a look at a map of their city and see where it is or call CS/Tech Support and get that info from them. I mean just look at what Verizon’s doing for their customers and even T-Mobile. And AT&Ts low band map isn’t even interactive. It’s just pictures....

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    5G is horrible for me. I actually returned my S20 because of it. Dropped calls and signal, slower speeds than 4G LTE. I think Lilly is lying to us about faster speeds, and being just as reliable. Other carriers allow you to turn off 5G, but of course AT&T does not have this feature.

https://arstechnica.com/information-...sted-by-pcmag/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast