Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How terrible are these numbers!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    That's probabaly about right... I haven't hit 600Mbps - and I haven't hit any n41 sites yet either. "Typical" is about the 100-150Mbps, althought its been up/down a bit, and in many areas B4/B2 are a bit lower. 5G n71 does hit the higher speeds typically, but I suspect that's mostly because its unused in my area. The interesting bit was the upload going past 100Mbps.

I've mentioned it before.. If AT&T had the same pricing/features, I'd probably switch for better coverage in rural areas. Speed here in general on either carrier isn't bad, but sometimes T-Mobile's rural coverage can be a drag.

Either way, for me, carriers are just a tool.
    I still keep an at&t line, on the $50 unlimited elite prepaid promo just to have a 2nd sim in the iPhone while TMobile is smoothing out the sprint integration

I can say rurally, at least where I go... B71 has mostly fixed it for me, and is perfectly usable in places it was useless before.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I still keep an at&t line, on the $50 unlimited elite prepaid promo just to have a 2nd sim in the iPhone while TMobile is smoothing out the sprint integration

I can say rurally, at least where I go... B71 has mostly fixed it for me, and is perfectly usable in places it was useless before.
    There have been dramatic increases rurally and T-Mobile continues to close in on the duopoly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    There have been dramatic increases rurally and T-Mobile continues to close in on the duopoly.
    Are you a spam bot? That’s all I can come up with at this point.

That’s literally the only way any of your posts make any sense or add any “value” to anything

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Let's keep this thread friendly and no personal attacks.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, Moto Edge 5G, and Moto G Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Magenta Military 4 lines + 2x Plus Up
    Feedback Score
    It's network condition.
    Recently, I get rather decent speed on LTE where I work (11207) and I live in Brooklyn.
    Ironically, 5G isn't much better.
    I don't think device does matter

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.mingkee View Post
    It's network condition.
    Recently, I get rather decent speed on LTE where I work (11207) and I live in Brooklyn.
    Ironically, 5G isn't much better.
    I don't think device does matter
    It's like anything.. Device will make a difference. Cheaper devices will always perform less with LTE/5G and that's by design.

They have to cut a corner somewhere, and it's usually with CPU/Radio.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score

I have a work line on AT&T. Possibly could port it to T-Mobile in the future... but I'd prefer to have a 'spare' with a different company for those kind of situation, and I'll have to see how well T-Mobile handles corp lines.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Are you a spam bot? That’s all I can come up with at this point.

That’s literally the only way any of your posts make any sense or add any “value” to anything
    Are you? No surprise considering how anti T-Mobile you become lately.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Terrible today..Name:  Screenshot_20200925-124612.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  19.2 KBName:  Screenshot_20200925-124516.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  33.3 KBName:  20200925_125036.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  37.7 KB

Sent from my LM-G900TM using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Are you? No surprise considering how anti T-Mobile you become lately.
    Anti? No... Realistic.. Yes.

There's a difference in how I address it vs you are addressing it. One line "contributions" that are not properly thought out without any merit to back up said "one line claim" do not offer any substance to the thread other than the appearance of trolling.

Once again, I want them to have success, but in order to get there one must be able to admit fault and improve upon said faults.. otherwise they will always be a genuine "number 3" even if the numbers state number 2.

They're in the big boys club now, and must act appropriately. When I was paying $45/mo for my plan on a single line... coverage hiccups were fine, but the fact of the matter is they're getting into Verizon/AT&T territory pricing wise (unless you're on a good promo).... they've now given themselves bigger shoes to fill and I expect as such.

If you want to have an actual productive conversation about solutions and things that can be done to improve things.. i'm here. otherwise, there's just no point in even replying as it's just not worth my time otherwise.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anti? No... Realistic.. Yes.

There's a difference in how I address it vs you are addressing it. One line "contributions" that are not properly thought out without any merit to back up said "one line claim" do not offer any substance to the thread other than the appearance of trolling.

Once again, I want them to have success, but in order to get there one must be able to admit fault and improve upon said faults.. otherwise they will always be a genuine "number 3" even if the numbers state number 2.

They're in the big boys club now, and must act appropriately. When I was paying $45/mo for my plan on a single line... coverage hiccups were fine, but the fact of the matter is they're getting into Verizon/AT&T territory pricing wise (unless you're on a good promo).... they've now given themselves bigger shoes to fill and I expect as such.

If you want to have an actual productive conversation about solutions and things that can be done to improve things.. i'm here. otherwise, there's just no point in even replying as it's just not worth my time otherwise.
    Yes, but even VZW and ATT have their own coverage "hiccups."
    I've been reading on these forums about how over saturated VZW's network is. (Congested to the point of being unusable according to some of those people.)
    I also have first hand experience with those hiccups within SEATTLE. Well, Redmond mostly for Verizon when I had my contract with them.
    ATT worked better there, but had some spots in the upper hills/mountains where they didn't work.

Now as a current Tello customer, I've seen some hiccups where LTE seems to just not exist on Sprint. (3G works fine, just s-l-o-w as dirt.)
    (Not going to complain since the phone works well and I can use the service just about everywhere I take it. That and it's only $14/Month.)

So far, in my area I've never bumped into any coverage hiccups on T-Mobile that was not any larger than my bathroom.
    (Yes, seriously, my bathroom was the only area of lower service, 1-3 bars. But since I use wifi at home, I couldn't tell you if there was an actual coverage issue.)

Same goes for when I enter a steel and concrete building. Can make and receive calls, but data was slow to non-existent - however, that same building had the same issues with every carrier. (And I work there and get wifi there too, just like anyone else can.)

This is why I run a review site that compares plans. So people are not getting "over charged" for access to these imperfect networks.
    I'd take a cheap phone plan on a network that offers decent service where I use it most over paying a premium fee to pay for extra overhead (ads, naming rights, stadiums, extras) ESP if they all pretty much treat you like trash if you NEED to call them for pretty much anything.
    (But that's just coming from only some of my own experiences esp with big red and the horror stories I've heard from others needing to call CSR's.)

Humans are imperfect beings, and humans are the ones building out these networks - so don't expect them to be perfect and to always work "just right".
    There will be spots where your service won't work, regardless of carrier.
    It's just like they all claim to be "the best", its all just talk as they are all pretty much in the same league. (Sprint's 1% claim is now officially true to an extent.)
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Yes, but even VZW and ATT have their own coverage "hiccups."
    I've been reading on these forums about how over saturated VZW's network is. (Congested to the point of being unusable according to some of those people.)
    I also have first hand experience with those hiccups within SEATTLE. Well, Redmond mostly for Verizon when I had my contract with them.
    ATT worked better there, but had some spots in the upper hills/mountains where they didn't work.

Now as a current Tello customer, I've seen some hiccups where LTE seems to just not exist on Sprint. (3G works fine, just s-l-o-w as dirt.)
    (Not going to complain since the phone works well and I can use the service just about everywhere I take it. That and it's only $14/Month.)

So far, in my area I've never bumped into any coverage hiccups on T-Mobile that was not any larger than my bathroom.
    (Yes, seriously, my bathroom was the only area of lower service, 1-3 bars. But since I use wifi at home, I couldn't tell you if there was an actual coverage issue.)

Same goes for when I enter a steel and concrete building. Can make and receive calls, but data was slow to non-existent - however, that same building had the same issues with every carrier. (And I work there and get wifi there too, just like anyone else can.)

This is why I run a review site that compares plans. So people are not getting "over charged" for access to these imperfect networks.
    I'd take a cheap phone plan on a network that offers decent service where I use it most over paying a premium fee to pay for extra overhead (ads, naming rights, stadiums, extras) ESP if they all pretty much treat you like trash if you NEED to call them for pretty much anything.
    (But that's just coming from only some of my own experiences esp with big red and the horror stories I've heard from others needing to call CSR's.)

Humans are imperfect beings, and humans are the ones building out these networks - so don't expect them to be perfect and to always work "just right".
    There will be spots where your service won't work, regardless of carrier.
    It's just like they all claim to be "the best", its all just talk as they are all pretty much in the same league. (Sprint's 1% claim is now officially true to an extent.)
    He will never admit att and verizon has faults.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    He will never admit att and verizon has faults.
    Also, $45 for a single line.. that means the last time he tried T-Mobile was almost a decade ago.

T-Mo has admitted their faults, which is why they CHANGED to become the un-carrier.
    But at the same time, they have been making improvements over the past decade.
    Big improvements if I can now find people who tell me that T-Mobile works "everywhere" and has never given them any problems, my own husband included. (I pay his bill so we're on Sprint now and well, he hates it even though I personally have not seen much of a difference. Though we're on MVNO's and his now allowed me to activate his old T-Mobile phone and that stopped his complaints.)
    (So much so that they actually despise other carriers. Which is a complete 180-degree change from a decade or so ago.)

As it stands right now:
    ATT covers 99% of the population.
    Verizon and T-Mobile Cover 98%.

This is based on actual population reach vs the current population.

(Sprint was showing a solid 95% if the numbers on Wikipedia were any help.)

Just like I was on Verizon proper over a decade ago, so I cannot say much about their customer service - however I was using a Verizon MVNO when I lived in SC, which was only 5 years ago - because out in the middle of nowhere SC (Lodge) Verizon seemed to be the only one that worked at the time. (So, I can still say a lot about their network, esp since after moving back to WA, a change to Metro was welcomed by me since they did NOT improve by much in that same decade since I spent months dealing with CSR and network issues in Redmond. Was still dropping calls and data worked sometimes, but never indoors.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Also, $45 for a single line.. that means the last time he tried T-Mobile was almost a decade ago.

T-Mo has admitted their faults, which is why they CHANGED to become the un-carrier.
    But at the same time, they have been making improvements over the past decade.
    Big improvements if I can now find people who tell me that T-Mobile works "everywhere" and has never given them any problems, my own husband included. (I pay his bill so we're on Sprint now and well, he hates it even though I personally have not seen much of a difference. Though we're on MVNO's and his now allowed me to activate his old T-Mobile phone and that stopped his complaints.)
    (So much so that they actually despise other carriers. Which is a complete 180-degree change from a decade or so ago.)

As it stands right now:
    ATT covers 99% of the population.
    Verizon and T-Mobile Cover 98%.

This is based on actual population reach vs the current population.

(Sprint was showing a solid 95% if the numbers on Wikipedia were any help.)

Just like I was on Verizon proper over a decade ago, so I cannot say much about their customer service - however I was using a Verizon MVNO when I lived in SC, which was only 5 years ago - because out in the middle of nowhere SC (Lodge) Verizon seemed to be the only one that worked at the time. (So, I can still say a lot about their network, esp since after moving back to WA, a change to Metro was welcomed by me since they did NOT improve by much in that same decade since I spent months dealing with CSR and network issues in Redmond. Was still dropping calls and data worked sometimes, but never indoors.)
    Nope, I currently have T-Mobile and AT&T, and even a Grandfathered Verizon UDP my partner uses.

and if anyone says I do not point out Verizon and AT&T faults clearly have never looked at my post history There's a few posters in each forum that hate me because I call out the carriers on their BS.

AT&T is an internal dysfunctional mess thanks to everything being so compartmentalized (aka too much middle management, not enough people doing work) you cannot get ANYTHING done when they screw up.

Verizon: garbage capacity.. thus why I refuse to use that gUDP line I have with no depri limit.

But, i'm betting you two want to think I only want to call out T-Mobile We just happen to be in a T-Mobile thread and sure I called them out on a few things that one line repliers cannot handle... Although i'm sure that particular account is just a posting bot at this point.

My wording about the $45 price point "If they were still charging $45 for a single line, then coverage hiccups would be fine, but now they are charging Verizon and AT&T pricing" - aka they want to pay with the big boys and have priced themselves appropriately.. so yea, i'm going to call them out when it's necessary.. just as I do AT&T and Verizon.

Currently in my iPhone - T-Mobile is my "primary" number, AT&T Unlimited Elite plan on eSIM, and a burner number in my OnePlus 8 to play with what little 5G is currently rolled out.

T-Mobile has done nothing short of amazing with the massive expansion, but a lot of it....especially rurally around the midwest was half-***** when it came to LTE (doing things like putting 5MHz of PCS LTE just to say they covered it in LTE, when in fact.. it's "islands" of LTE coverage with Edge/No Service in between on road trips)

The 600MHz has helped a lot, but they still have a lot of work to do.. Ohio it's a complete 180 compared to a few years ago, but here in Illinois... try leaving the city and it does not end well for even holding a phone call when heading out to Rockford, down south toward Springfield, etc.. The highways are generally okay with some drops (much better than EDGE/GPRS only days) but it's the same story it was before once you get off into the small towns - 5MHz of PCS LTE with a bit of 700MHz sprinkled in but not nearly enough added to do anything meaningful.

In the city though, they've got it on point. I have places I go and my eSIM falls back to "cellular data" via LTE on T-Mobile to contact AT&T.... but traveling.. yeah they definitely have work to do

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nope, I currently have T-Mobile and AT&T, and even a Grandfathered Verizon UDP my partner uses.

and if anyone says I do not point out Verizon and AT&T faults clearly have never looked at my post history There's a few posters in each forum that hate me because I call out the carriers on their BS.

AT&T is an internal dysfunctional mess thanks to everything being so compartmentalized (aka too much middle management, not enough people doing work) you cannot get ANYTHING done when they screw up.

Verizon: garbage capacity.. thus why I refuse to use that gUDP line I have with no depri limit.

But, i'm betting you two want to think I only want to call out T-Mobile We just happen to be in a T-Mobile thread and sure I called them out on a few things that one line repliers cannot handle... Although i'm sure that particular account is just a posting bot at this point.

My wording about the $45 price point "If they were still charging $45 for a single line, then coverage hiccups would be fine, but now they are charging Verizon and AT&T pricing" - aka they want to pay with the big boys and have priced themselves appropriately.. so yea, i'm going to call them out when it's necessary.. just as I do AT&T and Verizon.

Currently in my iPhone - T-Mobile is my "primary" number, AT&T Unlimited Elite plan on eSIM, and a burner number in my OnePlus 8 to play with what little 5G is currently rolled out.

T-Mobile has done nothing short of amazing with the massive expansion, but a lot of it....especially rurally around the midwest was half-***** when it came to LTE (doing things like putting 5MHz of PCS LTE just to say they covered it in LTE, when in fact.. it's "islands" of LTE coverage with Edge/No Service in between on road trips)

The 600MHz has helped a lot, but they still have a lot of work to do.. Ohio it's a complete 180 compared to a few years ago, but here in Illinois... try leaving the city and it does not end well for even holding a phone call when heading out to Rockford, down south toward Springfield, etc.. The highways are generally okay with some drops (much better than EDGE/GPRS only days) but it's the same story it was before once you get off into the small towns - 5MHz of PCS LTE with a bit of 700MHz sprinkled in but not nearly enough added to do anything meaningful.

In the city though, they've got it on point. I have places I go and my eSIM falls back to "cellular data" via LTE on T-Mobile to contact AT&T.... but traveling.. yeah they definitely have work to do
    And for that, you are right on point. However, I must indicate that they all have a lot of work to do. Those coverage numbers I mentioned are fairly easy to accomplish by only covering at least 3 major cities in each state, give or take a few. And once again, you are on point in pointing out that yes, your usage varies with ANY carrier simply based on WHERE you are.

As many have pointed out in the past VZW/Sprint coverage and service seems to just fall into a black hole west of the Mississippi. Sure some major cities/freeways get some coverage from em, but there's just a huge number of gaps in between.

Like I mentioned before, I switched from Page Plus, a Verizon MVNO to Metro by T-Mobile after moving back to Redmond, WA (now in Seattle) and I was noticing the same exact dead spots and issues on Page Plus that I had 15 years ago with my contracted plan on Verizon proper. However, Verizon worked really really well, in Lodge, SC. (Seriously, look that tiny *** town up on Google maps, it literally consists of the same 3 families and the workers for the produce re-packing plant that was the ONLY business in town.)

Coming back to Seattle. I have since switched from Metro to Tello (a Sprint, soon to be T-Mo MVNO) and even then I've noticed a small difference. (The phone works everywhere I take it in Seattle, but even then - there's holes in the LTE coverage where you can only get EVDO.) It has started improving post-merger since some of the newer VoLTE compatible devices have been allowed onto T-Mo's LTE network as well. (Heck, my old e4 started pinging T-Mo towers, but because it wasn't setup to support it, it had to drop back to Sprint right away.) But hell, I cannot beat $14 a month for the same thing I was paying Metro $30 for, so once again, those minute difference are acceptable for the price point - sides, it hasn't affected my usage all that much anyway. (The few areas where I typically get EVDO over LTE are also areas where I'm logged into Wi-fi or using my own desktop computer. At that point, as long as I can get calls/messages, its working as it should.)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast