Thread: Verizon Prepaid Priority

Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid Priority

I just ported from T-mobile to Visible and the speeds at Visible (Verizon) are unusable unless you want to get up at 4am so I am assuming its because of priority. If I port to actual Verizon prepaid would that priority be higher than what they give Visible?

Feedback Score
    Yes. As I'd think it will on most any other Verizon MVNO. Visible has many complaints in the forums about it's inconsistency. There is zero relationship between Verizon and Visible when it comes to service.

Feedback Score
    Visible priority is below that of other MVNO's including Verizon prepaid. AT&T Network is not as severely deprioritizated as Verizon.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    The congestion and priority is why I don't have Verizon prepaid (or MVNO coverage) for my everyday phone. But since the historically better coverage in the plains states of Verizon is important, I still have a backup phone on it.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyered View Post
    I just ported from T-mobile to Visible and the speeds at Visible (Verizon) are unusable unless you want to get up at 4am so I am assuming its because of priority. If I port to actual Verizon prepaid would that priority be higher than what they give Visible?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Yes. As I'd think it will on most any other Verizon MVNO. Visible has many complaints in the forums about it's inconsistency. There is zero relationship between Verizon and Visible when it comes to service.
    My son has used Visible since March, 2020, in the Columbus, OH, and surrounding areas. He's said there have been a few times when he experienced some slowness, but overall it's been worth $25/mo, taxes/fees included, for unlimited everything. It seems to depend on location. It might work a lot worse for someone in a different location, or some people might not to accept occasional slowness.

Feedback Score
    Generally, all vz MVNOs, and even their own prepaid service are QCI 9. Visible is no different: source
    The are few exceptions like xfininty/spectrum mobile being QCI 8 when you buy by the gigabyte.
    visible has it's own set of unique quirks. It is LTE only, it uses their own servers, and there are only a couple in all the US. It really depends on where you are located. It could be congestion, or de-prioritization. I'd say if you have crappy experience with visible there is a good chance any vz mvno will be just as bad.

for more info on QCI see: https://coveragecritic.com/mobile-ph...ers-explained/
    where some QCI values for other companies are given