Thread: Is T-Mobile adding Sprint sites to its network already?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700 Bold 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Is T-Mobile adding Sprint sites to its network already?

Earlier today I started seeing Sprint LTE on my iPhone carrier indicator. I have T-Mobile service Post paid. I know for a fact I have a T-Mobile SIM card in my phone.

I am using an iPhone SE 1st Generation A1662 variant.In Miami, FL.

Is this temporary as T-Mobile’s engineering corps works on network integration ?

Could they be integrating a former Sprint site into the T-Mobile network?

I’d be curious to hear any insights on what could be happening.

Feedback Score
    Same thing just happened to me about 2 hours ago. I now have coverage - GREAT coverage with over 100mpbs downstream speed - in an area around Bisbee AZ where T-Mo was a black hole. Also indicated "Sprint". I've known for some time that there was at least one additional Sprint site in the area and have been waiting for it to get lit up for us old T-Mo peeps. Apparently today is that day. Hoping to see more of it in the area. We have a few black holes as we're very remote in the southwest corner of the state, right along the border.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700 Bold 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CochiseKev View Post
    Same thing just happened to me about 2 hours ago. I now have coverage - GREAT coverage with over 100mpbs downstream speed - in an area around Bisbee AZ where T-Mo was a black hole. Also indicated "Sprint". I've known for some time that there was at least one additional Sprint site in the area and have been waiting for it to get lit up for us old T-Mo peeps. Apparently today is that day. Hoping to see more of it in the area. We have a few black holes as we're very remote in the southwest corner of the state, right along the border.
    I’m glad to hear your coverage improved as much as it did. I live between two cell sites so I’ve always been spotty.

It’s weird the signal will bounce from the original cell site I was on to the Sprint site back and forth.

Weird.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    There's been a lot of chatter about this on Reddit. One explanation is that T-Mobile is implementing a Multi-Operator indicator on their sites. This way T-Mobile sites will broadcast MNCs for both T-Mobile and Sprint. Some people have reported seeing Sprint MNCs on bands Sprint never owned.

Last night I was able to connect to a Sprint MNC (311-490) with my wife's S20 but not with my Moto G7.

Update: Also on Reddit posters report seeing Sprint's MNC (311-490) on 600 MHz, which is pretty diagnostic of T-Mobile transmitting a Multi-operator indicator.
    Last edited by DRNewcomb; 09-13-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    TmoNews did an article about this titled: Some T-Mobile customers now able to roam on Sprint network

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/09/t-mo...print-network/
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 16 Years.

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So on unlocked phones we can connect to some of sprints bands?

Sent from my ASUS_I01WDX using Tapatalk
    http://www.twitter.com/sedp23

Windows Phone 7 >>>>> iPhone & Android

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Probably just b41 if your device supports it. Typically I've only hit Sprint B41 when forcing the band Name:  Capture%2B_2020-09-12-14-47-37.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  27.4 KBName:  Capture%2B_2020-09-13-19-19-16.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  22.7 KB

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    I was not able to manually select Sprint in network settings, but even with T-Mobile as default operator my Unlocked/Unbranded Samsung Galaxy S9+ is connecting to Bands 25 and 26 (but not to Band 41):

Band 25: Signal Check Identifies it as T-Mobile Band:

Name:  Band25.png
Views: 47
Size:  85.6 KB
    ----
    Band 26: Signal Check Identifies it as Sprint Band:

Name:  Band26.png
Views: 46
Size:  85.9 KB

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    So on unlocked phones we can connect to some of sprints bands?
    I have not been able to connect with my Moto G7 Power. However, the only band I'd classify as "Sprint's" is 26. Anything else could just be a T-Mobile site transmitting a Multi-Operator ID and MFBI. So, seeing band 25 does not prove it comes from Sprint's infrastructure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I have not been able to connect with my Moto G7 Power. However, the only band I'd classify as "Sprint's" is 26. Anything else could just be a T-Mobile site transmitting a Multi-Operator ID and MFBI. So, seeing band 25 does not prove it comes from Sprint's infrastructure.
    You may be right (Band 2 is subset of Band 25), but I definitely can connect to Band 26 (Sprint)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    I was not able to manually select Sprint in network settings, but even with T-Mobile as default operator my Unlocked/Unbranded Samsung Galaxy S9+ is connecting to Bands 25 and 26 (but not to Band 41):

Band 25: Signal Check Identifies it as T-Mobile Band:

Name:  Band25.png
Views: 47
Size:  85.6 KB
    ----
    Band 26: Signal Check Identifies it as Sprint Band:

Name:  Band26.png
Views: 46
Size:  85.9 KB
    Just as a note... I typically see '2' Sprint networks in my area. One that I can't select (310-120) and one that I can (311-490 - Clearwire). By default, if I don't select band on 311-490, I end up with effectively T-Mobile sites with Sprint routing. If I just select Band 41 LTE, I end up on 311-490, with the exception of some sites in LA which are now actually T-Mobile Band 41. I suspect that B41 is effectively deprioritized from connection, as the only way that I can connect is through band select.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I do know that one site that I do connect to is a Sprint site (cell mapper site 198532401) - https://www.google.com/maps/@34.4224...7i16384!8i8192

Allowing for T-Mobile (or other 311-490) gives me a weaker signal / but B4/2/12/71 from up high a couple miles over.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@34.4268...7i10240!8i5120
    Cell mapper id 21050369

I would agree that B25 can come from T-Mobile infra w/o issue.. as they already have PCS panels. Only issue would be overlap.