Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phones will not work with Verizon

Feedback Score

Phones will not work with Verizon

They have produced sim cards that don't work with any phone, except the new phones sold by Verizon! They'll never tell you this, because it's illegal, but I went to 2 store locations and spent hours on the phone with tech support -- they couldn't connect neither of these 3 working phones to my line: moto g7 (new phone), moto g4, galaxy 5 (verizon phone). In the meantime when t-mobile popped their sim into my moto g7, everything worked perfectly.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hemm interesting. Are you talking about Verizon post paid, prepaid or MVNOs? MVNOs such as Redpocket had problems with newer Samsung phone with their Sims last year.

The G7 and G4 are they unlocked for all carriers from Motorola or a different carrier device? The Sims I've seen the past few years are GTO Juice Sims (white) vs the reds ones from years ago. I had no problem using it on a unlocked Pixel 2 Xl

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm probably wrong. I'll say it anyway. I think this is a Samsung problem not a Verizon problem.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OP, that's a mighty big accusation you are making. Unless others report the same issue, I have my doubts. Please feel free to quote/cite the law they are breaking.
    Last edited by Serial Port; 09-13-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariannas View Post
    They have produced sim cards that don't work with any phone, except the new phones sold by Verizon! They'll never tell you this, because it's illegal, but I went to 2 store locations and spent hours on the phone with tech support -- they couldn't connect neither of these 3 working phones to my line: moto g7 (new phone), moto g4, galaxy 5 (verizon phone). In the meantime when t-mobile popped their sim into my moto g7, everything worked perfectly.
    are the phones still active on any other accounts ?? and are they fully paid off. also, where were the phones purchased at.

Feedback Score
    I've been using unlocked Moto phones for years with no problem on Verizon postpaid.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Pretty sure the issue isn't verizon sims its the fact that those phones are old (minus the g7) and verizon won't activate phones that don't support VoLTE. Also that's a pretty bold claim to make without any backup other than your 1 piece of anecdotal evidence. I've used unlocked phones on verizon for years with no issues being activated.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Way, way more information needed from the OP.

OP, care to provide more details?

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    G7, G4, and S5 do all support VoLTE. Don't know what to say -- maybe the SIM was defective? Or there's some real account issue (like if the account was going from 3G phones to 4G phone with SIM, something got flubbed up there?)

AFAIK, Verizon themselves only restriction prepaid or postpaid is on the phones themselves, if you get one of those like $20 prepaid phones, it's locked to VZW prepaid until it's been on it for 90 days. It's in their best interest (now that everyone's running VoLTE) to let someone pop a SIM into whatever they want; you need band 13 in Alaska and a few spots, but mostly band 5 is up (for low band coverage) and the areas without band 5 already are what in olden days were known as "PCS-only" markets and usually built out for reasonably good band 4/2 coverage.

If there is a real problem, maybe the new 5G SIMs have some unforseen problem? VZW's FAQ says a 4G SIM works in a 5G device "Device connects to the 5G Ultra Wideband network, but may not connect to the future enhanced 5G network"... I'm guessing this might mean the 4G SIM works with 5G NSA (non standalone) but not 5G SA (standalone)? The 5G SIM is supposed to work both in 5G and 4G devices (they note that the 4G device will not connect to the 5G Ultra Wideband network...), but clearly there's some extra functionality in the 5G SIM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle mama View Post
    Way, way more information needed from the OP.

OP, care to provide more details?
    @Mariannas appears to be a 1-post hit-and-run. Drop a bomb and never comes back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    @Mariannas appears to be a 1-post hit-and-run. Drop a bomb and never comes back.
    Didn't get what they wanted immediately.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariannas View Post
    I used moto g7 without any problems. But remember, g7 comes in two variants. One supports ALL carriers and the other is GSM only. Maybe you had the second.

Sent from my S5 Pro using Tapatalk
    “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”

Feedback Score
    People don’t understand that the SIM card itself doesn’t do anything. It’s just a unique ID number to use on the network/in the database.

It’s the network itself (underlying IT system) that decides whether or not to grant access to the connected device and what services are provisioned on the line.

Likewise, SIM cards don’t break or go bad, per se. But getting a new one can help sometimes as it forces the line to be re-provisioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    Likewise, SIM cards don’t break or go bad, per se. But getting a new one can help sometimes as it forces the line to be re-provisioned.
    SIM cards do occasionally go bad. Verizon usually insists you get a new SIM for activations or for re-provisioning an account after a mishap. They can tell remotely which SIM is in which phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    People don’t understand that the SIM card itself doesn’t do anything. It’s just a unique ID number to use on the network/in the database.

It’s the network itself (underlying IT system) that decides whether or not to grant access to the connected device and what services are provisioned on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sure they do. My brother-in-law's SIM card randomly took a crap a couple of weeks ago. His phone said "no sim" or something. He'd been using that SIM card and phone for a year or more. He rebooted, removed the sim & reinserted, etc. Nothing shy of replacing the SIM card fixed the issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast