Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Verizon to buy Tracfone

Feedback Score
    Some people here are saying TF sold to VZW because they weren't making enough money off of TF. The fact that VZW priced TF at $300-$350 per subscriber is the more compelling reason. I mean $350 for each subscriber that pays $50 a year. And there's millions of those. TF said uh YEAH!

And I say if there's still a viable MVNO market after the TF non-compete runs out. Then TF under a new name of course will come roaring back into the MVNO market.

VZW was stupid for paying that much for TF. Unless they can collude with ATT & TM to destroy the MVNO market. But that's illegal. Oh my!
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    maybe no incremental cost for any one customer using 5gb or 500gb in a month. But in larger amounts, there will be additional cost.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Now using both eSIM and nano SIM. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Actually, TracFone today is larger (21 million subs) than Alltel ever was (13 million subs).
    But Alltel also had spectrum, their own network, etc making them a bigger company. $28 billion vs $6.9 billion.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Fact check, the larger wireless carrier in the world by number of subscriptions is China Mobile. Verizon is the 20th largest. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...work_operators
    China mobile is a state owned entity. The others ahead of it are a conglomerate of carriers operating under a umbrella name (such as Vodafone which operates services in almost 30 different countries under the Vodafone umbrella). Verizon wireless is the largest stand alone wireless carrier that isn't a government owned entity in the world.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Actually, TracFone today is larger (21 million subs) than Alltel ever was (13 million subs).
    Incorrect, alltel was a bigger company than TracFone was. Alltel came with alot more assets, which is why they paid more for alltel than they are TracFone. Verizon paid 28b in 2013 which with inflation would be around 32b today for alltel.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S6, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, TracFone, TextNow
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    China mobile is a state owned entity. The others ahead of it are a conglomerate of carriers operating under a umbrella name (such as Vodafone which operates services in almost 30 different countries under the Vodafone umbrella). Verizon wireless is the largest stand alone wireless carrier that isn't a government owned entity in the world.
    India's Jio is a stand alone carrier that's not goverment owned and has over 3 times as many subscribers as Verizon.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    India's Jio is a stand alone carrier that's not goverment owned and has over 3 times as many subscribers as Verizon.
    Jio's net income for 2020 was around 700m U.S. dollars, verizons was around 130...billion. jio's total assets are valued at around 35ish billion, verizons are around 315-316 billion....Verizon is the bigger company.....by far.......just goes to show, total subscribers can be a useless figure. It's a useless figure also when comparing alltel to TracFone. Alltel was the much bigger company, despite having less users.

Feedback Score
    I suggest we let @Theghostlad82 have the last word.

Let him think he won, and move on to something else.

We old-timers have been around the block with this before.

Don't feed trolls.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post

Let him think he won, and move on to something else.

We old-timers have been around the block with this before.

Don't feed trolls.
    Nothing more to add huh? Yea, the old "this person showed I was incorrect, he must be a troll right everyone? I mean am I right????" Defense has been around a while....great job picking it up. Now back to how big evil Verizon doesn't know what their doing and will take away all the $5 per year cell phone service for the 20 people who pay that way.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The question isn`t if you are right... it`s if you are respected for the way you present yourself!

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I don't even know/care what he's been posting. I put him on my Ignored List after his first few posts in this forum.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't even know/care what he's been posting. I put him on my Ignored List after his first few posts in this forum.
    I actually agree on this one.

I think it's past time for some admin action, considering how many have blocked/ignored the trolls.
    It's one reason I am not here as much as I used to be.

People who think they know everything arguing with former Tower Techs and those who work in the industry.
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    Verizon is buying TracFone to compete with metro and cricket, so it will likely be priced and resemble metro and cricket. To be honest this is how the majority of TracFones customers are used to things. Most of TracFones customers are on some sort of monthly plan.
    True that plans with the sister companies of Tracfone Wireless are monthly. However, Tracfone itself is still primarily PayGo, as is Page Plus. I for one do not want a monthly plan. The lure of Tracfone was always to be able to buy what you needed when you wanted it. My choice for 19 years!

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    I actually agree on this one.

I think it's past time for some admin action, considering how many have blocked/ignored the trolls.
    It's one reason I am not here as much as I used to be.

People who think they know everything arguing with former Tower Techs and those who work in the industry.
    Lmao. You would think tower techs and people who worked in the I dustry would actually know something about the industry, and also wouldn't be worried about Verizon taking away their minutes on TracFone. 95% of the information posted here by people is incorrect, they just want people to agree with their gripes. Yes, Verizon knows what they are doing, no they aren't "in over their heads", yes they will complete the purchase, and yes, they will implement their system in place. No amount of whining from people will change any of that. Am I right guys??? I mean am I right????? Lmao

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    True that plans with the sister companies of Tracfone Wireless are monthly. However, Tracfone itself is still primarily PayGo, as is Page Plus. I for one do not want a monthly plan. The lure of Tracfone was always to be able to buy what you needed when you wanted it. My choice for 19 years!
    That's fine, but Trac has reported their biggest sub brand is straight talk, so the amount of people doing paygo is small compared to the total amount of customers. Verizon likely has zero interest in keeping paygo around, as there isn't really any financial benefit for them to do so. They want TracFone to compete with metro and cricket, and to bring in revenue comparable to metro and cricket. Paygo isn't going to do that. Most people do not buy their cell service that way anymore. They want unlimited plans. Data usage is increasing, not decreasing. People use their phones for more things, with 5G also will come more data usage, heck the phone has replaced the computer for a lot of people. So people are not looking for plans with little to no data and talk minutes. They don't care about talk minutes anymore, they dont care about texts anymore, they care about data. If them dropping paygo leads to, and let's be generous, let's say 10 of the 21 million current users are low usage paygo customers, let's say all 10 million leave, but, they now own a sub brand that can attract the metro and cricket customer with similar promotions and offerings, that's a trade off they will take, as the potential for higher revenue exists. They will have zero issues if all of tracfones paygo customers leave, they aren't buying TracFone for them. They are buying them for their straight talk brand to compete with metro and cricket head on, in retail locations. The purchase price is only around 7b, that's peanuts honestly for a brand with 21 million users, so it tells you the users really don't matter to them, they are basically buying an established name.

I'm sure you realize just how much in the minority you are paying that way for service. I'm sure you also have realized that the industry is heavily trending in the opposite direction and that the options to pay that way are declining more and more almost everyday. The days of paygo aren't coming back, the days of $5 per year cell service isn't coming back. Carriers have found they can make a boatload of money charging for unlimited monthly data packages, and people will buy them by the boatloads. The market spoke.

This idea that Verizon is in over their heads or don't know what they are doing is insane. People can hate anything they want about them, but, they know very well how to make money in the telecommunications business. They do it better than anybody. They will turn tracfone into their prepaid money making machine the same way at&t turned cricket into theirs and TMobile turned metro into theirs. All 3 carriers know how to make money. They are very good at their jobs.
    Last edited by Theghostlad82; 05-15-2021 at 08:35 PM.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast