iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

“Line on us,” starts again: 9/18

Just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    I plan on grabbing one!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Just sayin’

Are there any details?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    Are there any details?
    Reddit has a thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com..._your_account/

The first post has a link that shows the SOC codes of which plans are eligible for the line to be added. Also if you don't know the SOC code of your plan, the first post also gives instructions on how to look up your SOC code.

You simply login to your account and then use the developer tools in the browser to read the SOC code of your plan:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...omo_soc_codes/

Once you have the SOC code you'll know whether your plan qualifies or not.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Just sayin’

Just wanted to say thanks! We added a line today for free. If anything like this is offered again in the future please let us know. You ROCK!

Feedback Score
    This is an excellent deal. I initially had 2 lines for $100 a few years ago. I added a "free line" two years and with auto pay, I have 3 lines of unlimited for $90 a month. I could not be happier.

Feedback Score
    I now have two free lines and the 20% hookup! Sweet!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was told I could get the add a line on my simple choice plan then when they tried to add it said first you couldn’t then when they said they could it changed my bill to like 40 a line (have two exiting add a lines from a. Few years ago)

Feedback Score
    I got one yesterday with a fee of $20. I suppose this was for the agent assistance? No big deal, and free is free, so going forward not too bad of a deal. I was crammed by the agent though with a "T-Mobile One Plus" added for $15 a month that I discovered when I got home and logged in to my on line manager. I switched it off but it appears to not change until the end of the bill cycle, so I'm in the process of having T-Force fix that for me, and hopefully add the original 1+ Promo on my account to this new line.

These free lines are great for iPad data service if you only use them occasionally around town or traveling. The speed is capped at about 600mbps, but good enough for browsing text based websites like HoFo, mapping, navigation, stock market, etc. I have 3 unused voice sims in iPads now. They also make good loaners if you have international visitors who would like service in the US.

Edited: They have added my ONE Plus Promo to the new, free line, so it gets HD streaming, 256kbps int. data roaming, and the 10Gb hotspot now. Sweet Deal!
    Last edited by daleraver; 09-23-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    These free lines are great for iPad data service if you only use them occasionally around town or traveling. The speed is capped at about 600mbps, but good enough for browsing text based websites like HoFo, mapping, navigation, stock market, etc.
    The speed is not capped for these lines. I have 35 Mbps right now on my old LG G4

Speed on Digits lines (or Proxy lines) indeed capped, but promo lines are regular lines for all purposes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    The speed is not capped for these lines. I have 35 Mbps right now on my old LG G4

Speed on Digits lines (or Proxy lines) indeed capped, but promo lines are regular lines for all purposes.
    They are capped when in iPads I believe, as I mentioned. I have tried the sim in an iPhone and get normal speeds then.

Edited: I ran some speed tests on my new voice line in a iPad Mini 5 today and RFK is right, these lines are not speed capped. I got speedtests from 4-30+Mbps download. So, I stand corrected, this line is not throttled like my other one from 3 years ago on the "This One's On Us" promo.
    Last edited by daleraver; 09-24-2020 at 03:18 PM.