Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Credit bureaus:

Feedback Score

Credit bureaus:

Did anybody had problems trying to reset lost passwords with Equifax/Experian?

they promise to email the reset directions... which never arrived even after several request on my part.

I had tons of problems getting them to answer the phones or answering my emails in order to remove the Freeze on my Credit.
    (needed to switch my internet from the ridiculous Spectrum with its constant outages to ATT fiber which might be a little better , even though many reviews doubt that... ATT requires credit reports, and don't take advance/prepaid payments).

These credit bureaus turned out to be a hassle more than anything else, and very useless with their so called credit freeze protection...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Remember that right now, telephone support with virtually every major company is somewhat limited due to the pandemic and companies having to change how they manage calls. It will take time and there will be delays until they work out all the kinks. Many companies are having customer service reps working at home instead of centralized call centers as it was last year.

Lighten up a little, we are all suffering our own crises to one extent or another during this situation that is affecting the entire world.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Remember that right now, telephone support with virtually every major company is somewhat limited due to the pandemic and companies having to change how they manage calls. It will take time and there will be delays until they work out all the kinks. Many companies are having customer service reps working at home instead of centralized call centers as it was last year.

Lighten up a little, we are all suffering our own crises to one extent or another during this situation that is affecting the entire world.
    I understand that ... but nobody forced them to say:" It will be done in 15-20 minutes"; and now it's more than 24 hours later, and I am still waiting.
    TransUnion did it in less than 10 minutes!

Carrier(s)
    BellSouth Mobility, AirTouch, Cingular, Verizon, StraightTalk, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Back around the first of the year-- and well before the pandemic-- I had a ton of problems with Equifax getting my credit freeze temporarily lifted so I could open a new bank account and then getting it refrozen after it was.

They asked utterly obtuse "validation" questions to prove I was me-- like what credit card did I sign up for in 1989 (how should I remember, I have seven or eight credit cards), what account did I close in 1996 (who the heck remembers what accounts he closed 25 years ago?).

When I answered incorrectly, they locked me out of my account and it took weeks to get setup stuff from them in the mail. When I finally did, it asked for more inane, obtuse info. Took months and endless hours on the phone with hard to understand CSRs from India and other countries for whom either English wasn't their primary language of if it was, the accent was so strong they were barely intelligible.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasHam View Post
    Back around the first of the year-- and well before the pandemic-- I had a ton of problems with Equifax getting my credit freeze temporarily lifted so I could open a new bank account and then getting it refrozen after it was. Took months and endless hours on the phone with hard to understand CSRs from India and other countries for whom either English wasn't their primary language of if it was, the accent was so strong they were barely intelligible.
    I use the web sites of Experian, TransUnion , and Equifax to freeze/unfreeze my credit reports. I don't have to talk/chat with anyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I use the web sites of Experian, TransUnion , and Equifax to freeze/unfreeze my credit reports. I don't have to talk/chat with anyone.
    Lucky you!

I froze my Credit reports 2 years ago because I was tired of the mail offers I was getting... and never bothered to visit my accounts at the 3 credit outfit since... until those att genius decided to request credit reports from people wanting to try their new fiber internet ($75 a month); which is ridiculous for that amount, and they can pull the plug if not paid monthly in advance like all the other services... but they refused... I am not asking for a mortgage or buying a new car!

So I may have to tell att to go to hell after all.

I found out last year that equifax got screwed, and my personal info along!

Only in this country are there stupid set ups to protect big business with these credit reports rip-offs.

Here's how some of the other countries function... not giving it to blood suckers like here!

https://www.businessinsider.com/cred...e-world-2018-8

Feedback Score
    Back around the first of the year-- and well before the pandemic-- I had a ton of problems with Equifax getting my credit freeze temporarily lifted so I could open a new bank account and then getting it refrozen after it was.

They asked utterly obtuse "validation" questions to prove I was me-- like what credit card did I sign up for in 1989 (how should I remember, I have seven or eight credit cards), what account did I close in 1996 (who the heck remembers what accounts he closed 25 years ago?).

When I answered incorrectly, they locked me out of my account and it took weeks to get setup stuff from them in the mail. When I finally did, it asked for more inane, obtuse info. Took months and endless hours on the phone with hard to understand CSRs from India and other countries for whom either English wasn't their primary language of if it was, the accent was so strong they were barely intelligible.
    That's pretty much how it started with me... answering those idiotic questions and failing in one of them... and boom! locked out!
    Only Transunion was of any help , because their questions weren't that idiotic.

I was able to get a copy of 2 of my credit reports online using:
    https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

I got 2 on the spot ; but guess who requires to request by filling a form, and copies of driver's license , a copy proving your address and something else i can't remember, and mailing (USPS) all that... to stupid equifax.

Carrier(s)
    BellSouth Mobility, AirTouch, Cingular, Verizon, StraightTalk, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I started on the website-- but swiftly got locked out because I didn't know the answer to one of their obscure verification questions. The error message said to call their 800 number. It connected to some CSR who sounded like he were located in Kazakhstan or Tajikistan. I was able understand maybe 20% of what he said.

I'm not big on the government regulating businesses-- but I wouldn't mind requiring US-based customer service for organizations providing essential services...medical, financial, credit, etc.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any cost to being able to do that?

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I started on the website-- but swiftly got locked out because I didn't know the answer to one of their obscure verification questions.
    I remember once when I got a verification question from a consumer reporting agency that basically said "our records indicate you may own a 1999 Mercedes. What color is your 1999 Mercedes (which was factory painted dark blue)?
    1. red
    2. yellow
    3. purple
    4. I do not own a 1999 Mercedes.

Purple was not the right answer and I failed.
    But none of the other options were right either so I was denied my free credit report as guaranteed by federal law.
    Last edited by taxmantoo; 09-19-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    Tracfone rewards referral code BYXR-42AB gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.
    Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    I remember once when I got a verification question from a consumer reporting agency that basically said "our records indicate you may own a 1999 Mercedes. What color is your dark blue 1999 Mercedes?
    1. red
    2. yellow
    3. purple

But none of the other options were right either so I was denied my free credit report as guaranteed by federal law.
    This is so funny because the color was in the description.
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    I remember once when I got a verification question from a consumer reporting agency that basically said "our records indicate you may own a 1999 Mercedes. What color is your dark blue 1999 Mercedes?
    1. red
    2. yellow
    3. purple

That must have been equifxxxx for sure!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any cost to being able to do that?
    I recently signed up for freezing on all 3, and there was no charge. Maybe help discipline me, since doing anything that would require a credit pull is harder.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score

Done with the credit bs

Talked to ATT and threw out the credit non-sense... and soon will throw out spectim.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    This is so funny because the color was in the description.

It wasn't in the description. I should have put that part in parentheses to separate it from their language.

But the car was midnight blue, and it was never repainted, and I clearly remember the two closest choices were red and purple. I guessed purple and failed. I wonder if 'I don't have a Mercedes' was supposed to be taken as 'none of the above' and was therefore the correct answer.
    Last edited by taxmantoo; 09-19-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast