Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Credit bureaus:

Feedback Score
    Artificial Intelligence not ready for prime time.

I was not able to get an online account with Social Security (I think it was) because of this nonsense. Couldn't pass the test. They suggested I go to the local office with ID to sign up for online access. Get this: the local office is in the midst of an urban university complex. Terrible traffic/parking, not even on a bus line, not where average citizens even live. Also, the questions came from Equifax. I said forget it, I'll use the phone CS (it's good enough).

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any cost to being able to do that?
    There's no charge to freeze/unfreeze now. It used to cost $5 for each action, but about 2 years ago after so many security breaches at the credit bureau sites, Congress passed a law and make them do it for free.

Feedback Score
    I wonder how safe is your account now when all of your personal info is floating around for sale in russia/china/ n korea/romania/nigeria... for $0.50 or less.
    I don't think any freeze or not is any more useful for those who got their vital info stolen... and is for sale around the world for pennies.
    I think all those present bureaus are a failure when it comes to protecting vital people life, and should be banned altogether... the damage is already done beyond repair... the only repair IMO is to get new SS ID, new drivers license, new address which are not feasible.

Most democratic countries consider sharing other people private information with anyone, a CRIME!
    Identity theft is practically unheard of in Europe...
    Last edited by meetoo88; 09-21-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Feedback Score
    One is much safer if a freeze is in place because why would a hacker bother when 99% are easier targets because they are unfrozen. Unless it's personal that's the way it is.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    One is much safer if a freeze is in place because why would a hacker bother when 99% are easier targets because they are unfrozen. Unless it's personal that's the way it is.
    If your account at a credit bureau was already stolen (like mine and millions of others... ) and cheaply sold: why would they need to go back? they have all the information they need to hack your bank account/cc!

I stopped trusting credit bureaus a long time ago... it's funny when I see thru my bank/credit cards my monthly credit scores of 810-830... even though I stopped asking for the yearly credit report, 5 - 6 years ago, until a few days ago to see what kind of garbage they have on it...

The only freeze I believe in and trust nowadays is to lock my bank/investment accounts...

To move or transfer money: only for a very short period of time (5-10 minutes); when I need to unfreeze that, I use a double lock confirmation ( use Password and then another security code (to be used within 10 minutes) is sent to phone or email before they let you access the account.)

Credit cards notify me immediately for any transaction.

Any business issuing store credit/credit card in my name without my personal consent and signature, are the ones who lose...

Most banks nowadays have customer picture online for their tellers to see and identify whomever is taking out money / cashing a check from account.

Anybody trying to withdraw money electronically will be disappointed because the checking account will be practically empty and no overdraft credit in place.

I do not use Debit or checks for anything... but use credit cards for any amount, and get 1%-5% rewards rebate ( always 5% for gas)
    Last edited by meetoo88; 09-21-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2