Thread: New Tablet, Hotspot, and Smartwatch Plans

Feedback Score

New Tablet, Hotspot, and Smartwatch Plans

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...unlimited-plus

Smartwatch $10/month:
    Unlimited LTE data (subject to deprioritization after 15 GB), unlimited talk & text

Connected device plans:

Unlimited $20/month:
    Tablets: Unlimited LTE data (subject to deprioritization after 15 GB) Hotspot: 15 GB LTE, unlimited throttled to 600 Kbps after
    Hotspot/MiFi/Jetpack: 15 GB LTE, unlimited throttled to 600 Kbps after

Unlimited Plus $30/month:
    Tablets: Unlimited 5G UWB, Unlimited LTE data (subject to deprioritization after 30 GB); Hotspot: 30 GB LTE, unlimited throttled to 600 Kbps after
    Hotspot/MiFi/Jetpack: Unlimited 5G UWB (small print says after 50 GB, you will be throttled to 3 Mbps), 30 GB LTE, unlimited throttled to 600 Kbps after

I think it's misleading that it's buried in the small print that the "unlimited" 5G UWB/mmwave hotspot is slowed down to 3 Mbps after 50 GB of usage. At least they are more transparent that only the first 15/30 GB will be at LTE speeds when on the 4G network (although you have to dig to see what the throttled speed is). On the plus side, 3 Mbps is a lot more useful than the 600 Kbps they throttle you on LTE after you use hit the threshold.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Why would they impose a speed throttle on 5g uwb after 50gb They already offer unlimited 5g hotspot while tethered to a phone. It makes absolutely no sense.

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Why would they impose a speed throttle on 5g uwb after 50gb They already offer unlimited 5g hotspot while tethered to a phone. It makes absolutely no sense.

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app
    You're less likely to use your phone as hotspot 24/7

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...unlimited-plus

Smartwatch $10/month:
    Unlimited LTE data (subject to deprioritization after 15 GB), unlimited talk & text

Connected device plans:

Unlimited $20/month:
    Tablets: Unlimited LTE data (subject to deprioritization after 15 GB) Hotspot: 15 GB LTE, unlimited throttled to 600 Kbps after
    Hotspot/MiFi/Jetpack: 15 GB LTE, unlimited throttled to 600 Kbps after

Unlimited Plus $30/month:
    Tablets: Unlimited 5G UWB, Unlimited LTE data (subject to deprioritization after 30 GB); Hotspot: 30 GB LTE, unlimited throttled to 600 Kbps after
    Hotspot/MiFi/Jetpack: Unlimited 5G UWB (small print says after 50 GB, you will be throttled to 3 Mbps), 30 GB LTE, unlimited throttled to 600 Kbps after

I think it's misleading that it's buried in the small print that the "unlimited" 5G UWB/mmwave hotspot is slowed down to 3 Mbps after 50 GB of usage. At least they are more transparent that only the first 15/30 GB will be at LTE speeds when on the 4G network (although you have to dig to see what the throttled speed is). On the plus side, 3 Mbps is a lot more useful than the 600 Kbps they throttle you on LTE after you use hit the threshold.
    It's not misleading if it's there is the terms and the fact you found it means it's there. Also the the 4G hotspot plans haven't changed so everyone already knows it's 15 GB or 30 GB( depending on your plan ) then 600 kbps anyway. These are just add ons to existing phone plans. The only new plan is the $30 one

Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    All the providers are hawking their “Limited” Unlimited plans.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I think it's misleading that it's buried in the small print that the "unlimited" 5G UWB/mmwave hotspot is slowed down to 3 Mbps after 50 GB of
    On the live plan page, both the 4G and 5G have their throttle caps disclosed with a (i) symbol next to them that pops up a few sentences of fine print. It is a little confusing, though, with both the deprioritization and hotspot throttle cap being 30GB, it looks like it's 30GB 4G hotspot and unlimited 5G hotspot at first glance.
    I wonder if they are doing this 50GB then 3mbps in preparation for having non-mmwave 5G coverage where the 50GB then 3mbps throttle will also apply? I'm kind of hoping so, I doubt mmwave will get here any time soon, but the sites here were upgraded within the last few years so I imagine they're new enough 5G can be flipped on when they'd like (however they do it, DSS or some dedicated band 5 or band 4/66 (this is 5G band n66 either way, 5G does not have a band n4.))

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    All the providers are hawking their “Limited” Unlimited plans.
    Welcome to several years ago. Quit beating a dead horse. Unlimited near meant unlimited SPEED. Hell my cable ISP doesn't offer me unlimited SPEED

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    On the live plan page, both the 4G and 5G have their throttle caps disclosed with a (i) symbol next to them that pops up a few sentences of fine print. It is a little confusing, though, with both the deprioritization and hotspot throttle cap being 30GB, it looks like it's 30GB 4G hotspot and unlimited 5G hotspot at first glance.

I wonder if they are doing this 50GB then 3mbps in preparation for having non-mmwave 5G coverage where the 50GB then 3mbps throttle will also apply? I'm kind of hoping so, I doubt mmwave will get here any time soon, but the sites here were upgraded within the last few years so I imagine they're new enough 5G can be flipped on when they'd like (however they do it, DSS or some dedicated band 5 or band 4/66 (this is 5G band n66 either way, 5G does not have a band n4.))
    It clearly says 5G UWB not 5G. 5G over n5 or n66 doesn't provide any additional capacity so not sure why higher limits would apply.