Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Cash Balance

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0

    Cash Balance

    I have had a Pay as you go plan for a number of years. I have built up a cash balance as I don't use the phone for this plan that much. I have recently added a new line with a different number to the 3GB plan. I thought that I would be able to use the cash balance to pay for refills once I paid for the initial pin for a 3GB plan, but I was told by customer service that I could not.

    Is there a way around this, as I will be removing the phone for the pay as you go plan shortly, since the phone will no longer be supported next year.

    Is there a way to transfer the balance to the 3GB plan from the pay as you go?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,179
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by letnes View Post
    I have had a Pay as you go plan for a number of years. I have built up a cash balance as I don't use the phone for this plan that much. I have recently added a new line with a different number to the 3GB plan. I thought that I would be able to use the cash balance to pay for refills once I paid for the initial pin for a 3GB plan, but I was told by customer service that I could not.

    Is there a way around this, as I will be removing the phone for the pay as you go plan shortly, since the phone will no longer be supported next year.

    Is there a way to transfer the balance to the 3GB plan from the pay as you go?
    You'll need to explain a little clearer.
    So you have 2 phones; an original old non-volte one on paygo and a new one (recently added with a different number) on the 3GB plan ?
    If so, the cash balance on the paygo plan is for that old phone. You can't share it with the new phone the way you're currently set up.

    What you can do is transfer the phone number and paygo "cash" balance of the old phone to the new phone.
    That will disable the old phone. You'll end up with your old phones number on your new phone, the active 3GB plan, and the cash balance all on your new phone. When the 3GB plan renews it will automatically take it from the cash balance as long as you have enough to cover it.

    Do it on chat. Tell them you want to transfer your number and balance from your old 3G phone to your currently active 4G VoLTE phone. Confirm you're current 3GB plan will remain active. You'll need the phone numbers of both and the security pins of both. Maybe the imei of the new phone. Just confirm every step as you chat with them.

    I did a long chat with them the other day to get the details since I'll be doing the same. Bottom line is you can only transfer and merge a balance if the phone number moves with it. That will deactivate the old phone. They did say after it's done they can change your phone number but you likely want the phone number of your old phone on your new phone anyway since you've had the # awhile.

    Of course if I misunderstood your issue I just said allot for nothing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    You'll need to explain a little clearer.
    So you have 2 phones; an original old non-volte one on paygo and a new one (recently added with a different number) on the 3GB plan ?
    If so, the cash balance on the paygo plan is for that old phone. You can't share it with the new phone the way you're currently set up.

    What you can do is transfer the phone number and paygo "cash" balance of the old phone to the new phone.
    That will disable the old phone. You'll end up with your old phones number on your new phone, the active 3GB plan, and the cash balance all on your new phone. When the 3GB plan renews it will automatically take it from the cash balance as long as you have enough to cover it.

    Do it on chat. Tell them you want to transfer your number and balance from your old 3G phone to your currently active 4G VoLTE phone. Confirm you're current 3GB plan will remain active. You'll need the phone numbers of both and the security pins of both. Maybe the imei of the new phone. Just confirm every step as you chat with them.

    I did a long chat with them the other day to get the details since I'll be doing the same. Bottom line is you can only transfer and merge a balance if the phone number moves with it. That will deactivate the old phone. They did say after it's done they can change your phone number but you likely want the phone number of your old phone on your new phone anyway since you've had the # awhile.

    Of course if I misunderstood your issue I just said allot for nothing.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes. That is what I want to do. Except I want to keep the number that I currently have on the 3Gb plan. So what would I do to make sure in the end I keep that number and not the pay as you go number?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,179
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by letnes View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yes. That is what I want to do. Except I want to keep the number that I currently have on the 3Gb plan. So what would I do to make sure in the end I keep that number and not the pay as you go number?

    Thanks.
    Like I said, they did say that after they transfer/merge using the old number (the one you're moving from) that they can then change your number to another. I didn't ask if they could change it back to what in your case is the current 3GB plan number since my old number is fine with me (just backup phones). Ask them before you get started and confirm everything I mentioned. CSRs say and do different things. Use chat, not phone support. Have them confirm all pre and post balances and email and copy the chat session to yourself.
    What you should have done when you first got the new phone was activate it with a transfer from your old phone. Then all would be set and done.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,179
    Feedback Score
    0
    @ letnes............how'd you make out doing the process and getting the number you wanted back?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    My plan didn't work out. They wouldn't let me keep the number I wanted to keep.

    I haven't had much success dealing with Pageplus customer service recently.

Similar Threads

  1. Will power text plan renew with a cash balance?
    By Willow16 in forum Page Plus Cellular
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 06:04 AM
  2. VM Cash Balance Question
    By Rocketfoot in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 07:28 AM
  3. cash balance
    By manofstill2012 in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 06:59 AM
  4. Paying Monthly Bill From Cash Balance?
    By ben7337 in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 12:43 AM
  5. does "cash balance" still auto-deduct each month for BB?
    By vmphoenix in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 08:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks