Thread: Moving out from Koodo to different carrierS (plural)??

Feedback Score

Moving out from Koodo to different carrierS (plural)??

My Koodo account has three lines for the family ($48 for 5GB+unlimited voice).

Trying to understand two fundamental issues:

#1 Not having much experience with porting:
    Can I port two lines to Zoomer ($40.50 for 6GB+Unlimited voice) and one line to Fido ($50 for 9GB+ unlimited voice)?
    I am not sure if this kind of porting out individual lines from a current (Koodo) account to different destination carriers is possible.

#2 I understand I will need new SIM cards for each ported line: so if I had wanted to do this over the web via chat with the new carriers then I guess that this would not work because I can't get a SIM ... but isn't there a way for them to time the port for AFTER the point I receive a mailed SIM?

THnx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by striptorn View Post
    My Koodo account has three lines for the family ($48 for 5GB+unlimited voice).

Trying to understand two fundamental issues:

#1 Not having much experience with porting:
    Can I port two lines to Zoomer ($40.50 for 6GB+Unlimited voice) and one line to Fido ($50 for 9GB+ unlimited voice)?
    I am not sure if this kind of porting out individual lines from a current (Koodo) account to different destination carriers is possible.

#2 I understand I will need new SIM cards for each ported line: so if I had wanted to do this over the web via chat with the new carriers then I guess that this would not work because I can't get a SIM ... but isn't there a way for them to time the port for AFTER the point I receive a mailed SIM?

THnx
    You must activate all the new services before doing anything. Once you receive the new SIM cards, you contact your respective new cellphone providers with your Koodo account number in hands and you simply request to Port In each cellphone numbers.
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    Thanks Fritz!

Feedback Score
    But you shouldn't need to port all 3 lines, right? Like you can port only 1 of the lines and keep the other 2 if you want.

Every port request requires the target phone number, so it should be possible to port each one independently.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581