Thread: Motorola g7 Optimo Maxx restart and Facebook comes back...

Feedback Score

Motorola g7 Optimo Maxx restart and Facebook comes back...

This is a heads up for all Moto g7 Optimo Maxx and non-Maxx owners who don't want the Facebook app installed. I uninstalled the Facebook app on this phone, but now I notice when I restart the phone or shut it off and turn it back on, the Facebook app stub comes back. Then when I hit Update All Apps in Play Store, it reinstalls the full Facebook app. I even disabled the Facebook App Installer and App Manager, but that didn't help. Anybody have any ideas?

Feedback Score
    Moto G7 Power is the same. I rooted my phone only to get rid of FB. I hated FB reappearing. Truly it's the only reason I rooted this phone.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Device(s)
    Galaxy J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    GSM, VoLTE
    Feedback Score
    would the rule stating that certain apps can only be disabled and not uninstalled come into play even if the phone is rooted?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ionchase View Post
    would the rule stating that certain apps can only be disabled and not uninstalled come into play even if the phone is rooted?
    No. Rooting would give you the ability to use an app like Titanium Backup to take control over the apps on the device. It allows you to disable/freeze/remove the apps. The backup capabilities allow you to backup/restore any apps you remove.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Moto G7 Power is the same. I rooted my phone only to get rid of FB. I hated FB reappearing. Truly it's the only reason I rooted this phone.
    FB is factory installed on these TF Motos? With that app's long reputation for being highly intrusive, it is almost criminal to factory install it. Someone I know has it on their Verizon branded G6, but actually uses it a lot. It eats up tons of data.

Feedback Score
    I just went through the file system including root files & deleted all files that include Facebook. Done deal. No reappearing like when unrooted.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    My LG Fiesta 2s (which came out in 2017) have the FB app installed, but it's only an 8 KB stub in a disabled state, and can't be uninstalled. I tried using it installed, which ballooned it up to over 300 MB. I uninstalled its updates and disabled it, which reduced it back to its stub status, and then installed the FB Lite app which is around 30 MB installed. Same approximate story with the FB Messenger app. Those apps are too damn large.

Feedback Score
    Was that a tracfone G7 that you were able to oem unlock through the Motorola website and then root?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belarios View Post
    Was that a tracfone G7 that you were able to oem unlock through the Motorola website and then root?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    My Moto G7 Power was from Motorola I believe definitely not from TF. And I unlocked the bootloader through Motorola. And rooted it through XDA & their excellent members. XDA or nowhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    My Moto G7 Power was from Motorola I believe definitely not from TF. And I unlocked the bootloader through Motorola. And rooted it through XDA & their excellent members. XDA or nowhere.
    Can you completely reverse the process? I hear some things like financial apps do not run on a rooted phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Can you completely reverse the process? I hear some things like financial apps do not run on a rooted phone.
    I've heard so. But I haven't spent 1 minute reading about it.