Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did T-Mobile just raise Magenta plus plan rate?

Device(s)
    I870 Mine
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Did T-Mobile just raise Magenta plus plan rate?

I swear couple of weeks back it was 40 something dollars for each Line with in a 4 line plan? I just saw on their website it is now 50 dollars per line on a 4 line plan. I thought one of the terms for the Sprint merger was that T-Mobile wouldn't be raising prices for 3 years?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HawaiiD; 09-26-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    I swear couple of weeks back it was 40 dollars for each Line with in a 4 line plan? I just saw on their website it is now 50 dollars per line on a 4 line plan. I thought one of the terms for the Sprint merger was that T-Mobile wouldn't be raising prices for 3 years?

That's for "Magenta Plus" which has always been $50 per line.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm showing $43/line for 4 lines.

Name:  Screenshot_2020-09-25_23-48-38.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  68.6 KB
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score

@jmac are you signed in with a discount?

Device(s)
    I870 Mine
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    This was 3 weeks ago Sept 4,2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.and...ns-786372/amp/

Device(s)
    I870 Mine
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post

https://www.cnet.com/news/5g-phone-p...iers-compared/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post

Nope, don't even have any t-mo service so not signed in to anything.
    Could be location based too, a lot of sites started doing weird location based pricing (Amazon is horrible at it)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    They may be using location based pricing to factor in taxes and fees. Some areas with higher taxes may see higher prices then.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    They may be using location based pricing to factor in taxes and fees. Some areas with higher taxes may see higher prices then.
    $43/line sounds like when they were doing a “line on us” promo, as if you divide that out, it’s ~$20.

I’ve always known it to be $50/line unless they were doing an “on us” promo.

I did notice in my other browser it was still saying “get a line on us” and I assume that was because of a stuck cookie or something.

Try looking incognito or in a browser you’ve never accessed T-Mobile’s website before, and it’ll probably show $50 again.

*edit* YES, it’s with the “3rd line on us”

“ Pricing for 4 lines on AutoPay, with your 3rd line on us.
    ($170/mo.)
    Taxes & fees included.”

Device(s)
    I870 Mine
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Yup could be a location thing?
    Anyways, I wont let go of my Simple choice 4 lines+1. 5 lines @ 150 and 18% corporate discount($128 before taxes). I added the 5th line free 2 years ago on Black Friday.With the Netflix on us promo to boot

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a, iphone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You really have to watch the promos and make sure they still apply. A few things happened to me this week...
    I am on the 55+ plan with my wife. It costs us $70/month. I had been looking at taking advantage of the Samsung S20 FE "Free" promo" by adding a third line which is (was) another $20. But in the meantime I ran across "FREE third line." I went online and discussed this with a Tmobile rep, who ASSURED me several times that I could do this on the 55+ plan. Well when I went into the store to do this I was told that no the 55+ plan did not qualify. However the kind rep said she would honor it...UNTIL she spoke with customer service who said no, she could not. Ok so I started talking with her about the free Samsung deal. She said absolutely I would qualify for that. And since the phone would not be in stock till Friday, I could just do it then. Well, I just found out that there is no longer any $20 for a third line on the 55+ plan anymore, even though the girl in the store assured me I would be good to go once I showed up again in the store to do it all. Even the $20 third line option was only a promo!
    Several months ago when we set up the 55+ account my wife took advantage of an iphone offer they had going at the time. The in store rep ASSURED her over and over (I kept asking because it just didn't sound right) that she would receive a "rebate" back on our bill each month in addition to the amount that would be paid off to cover the cost of the phone. Well THAT turned out to be untrue as well. There is no cash back rebate to our account at all. I questioned Tmobile about this and was told "well he should never have told her that." No apology, nothing by the way of helping us out, just "he shouldn't have told her that."
    So today when I asked about the Samsung deal I was told my 55+ plan would go to $120/month and not the $90 that I was assured of. When I told my story, the rep said ok I will do that for you. Know what I said to her? "Sorry I just cannot trust knowing that it will stick as I have gone through this one too many times now."
    I am beginning to think that Tmobile is just getting a bit too big and its aspirations of turning into (or beating) Verizon and AT&T is coming to fruition in more ways than one. What a shame.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a, iphone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just an update to this....
    I picked up a Motorola Edge 5g this morning and then went over to the Tmobile store to have my eSIM changed to a physical one to use with the new phone. We got into a discussion and it turns out, that what I was told this morning by the rep at the Tmobile web site wasn't even true. I certainly WAS able to add a third line to the 55+ plan at $20, and I certainly WAS able to order a FREE Samsung S20 FE 5g! So I am honestly at a loss for words at this point. It just seems that no matter how many people you ask, you are almost guaranteed to get different answers!
    I just prey that by the time all is in place, they do only charge me the $20 for the third line and that the Samsung phone is indeed free. At this point I just cannot seem to rely on anything.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by californiajay View Post
    Just an update to this....
    I picked up a Motorola Edge 5g this morning and then went over to the Tmobile store to have my eSIM changed to a physical one to use with the new phone. We got into a discussion and it turns out, that what I was told this morning by the rep at the Tmobile web site wasn't even true. I certainly WAS able to add a third line to the 55+ plan at $20, and I certainly WAS able to order a FREE Samsung S20 FE 5g! So I am honestly at a loss for words at this point. It just seems that no matter how many people you ask, you are almost guaranteed to get different answers!
    I just prey that by the time all is in place, they do only charge me the $20 for the third line and that the Samsung phone is indeed free. At this point I just cannot seem to rely on anything.
    This is generally why I only use t-force on Twitter for customer service. Have had nothing but good experiences with t-force and they always reply very quickly.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a, iphone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can write a book on cell phone customer service. Verizon is even worse and almost caused my wife and me some honest to goodness grief when our daughter couldn't contact us during an emergency because a Verizon in store rep screwed up our lines so badly.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Did T-Mobile just raise Magenta plus plan rate?

Yea, I had a few bad ones with sprint as well. Sometimes it’s just the luck of the draw really when calling/chatting with c.s. or even going into a store. I once had a T-Mobile chat rep try to convince me my ip11 was a 5G capable device and it was just awaiting an update from apple to turn it on, I didn’t call her out on it or anything, she seemed genuinely excited to share the info with me, and I’m not into ruining peoples days, so I just thanked her for the info. T-force has been excellent though in the times I’ve used them, they go extra as well and will follow up with you to make sure everything is alright. I have zero complaints with T-Mobile’s t-force team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast