Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ATT Prepaid

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    103
    Feedback Score
    0

    ATT Prepaid

    AT&T PREPAID Motorola moto g7 Play. Walmart for $79.00
    Just double checking that I can drop a BYOP Tracfone/ATT sim in this phone without any problems.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,077
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    AT&T PREPAID Motorola moto g7 Play. Walmart for $79.00
    Just double checking that I can drop a BYOP Tracfone/ATT sim in this phone without any problems.
    Thanks
    I have used TF BYO ATT SIMs in several AT&T Prepaid phones without the phone being carrier unlocked. Generally AT&T allows their Prepaid phones to be used on any of their MVNOs. I have not heard of any change in this. I don't know of any official statement about it to link to.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    209
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have used a TF AT&T sim in a AT&T prepaid phone. In fact, I was even able to get the phone unlocked after a year.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,147
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    I have used a TF AT&T sim in a AT&T prepaid phone. In fact, I was even able to get the phone unlocked after a year.
    Tracfone unlocked your AT&T Prepaid phone? Never heard of that happening before.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    209
    Feedback Score
    0
    I forget if I contacted AT&T or Tracfone, but the phone was only used on TF. I had no problem with my unlock request.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,900
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    I forget if I contacted AT&T or Tracfone, but the phone was only used on TF. I had no problem with my unlock request.
    A few years ago I bought an AT&T GoPhone (now called AT&T Prepaid) LG Phoenix 2. After a few months, I submitted an unlock request to AT&T and they sent me the code. Back then, I think they granted all unlock requests even if the phone was never used on AT&T Prepaid.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    California between Fresno and Yosemite.
    Posts
    1,688
    Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    A few years ago I bought an AT&T GoPhone (now called AT&T Prepaid) LG Phoenix 2. After a few months, I submitted an unlock request to AT&T and they sent me the code. Back then, I think they granted all unlock requests even if the phone was never used on AT&T Prepaid.
    I did the same with my Phoenix 2. I had AT&T prepaid service (25˘/min plan) for 6 months but only used the Phoenix on AT&T a few months. AT&T sent me the unlock code.

    However I got an AT&T Smartflip from Best Buy recently and AT&T wouldn't issue me an unlock code. Never gave me a reason, just said they'd work on it and never heard from them again. I have an H20 SIM in it currently and wonder if AT&T will unlock it after using it awhile on there.

    With TF selling to VZ I'm wondering what the future of AT&T phones or any GSM phone will be that's currently on TF service.

    At least unlocked ones can port out.

    Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    676
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I did the same with my Phoenix 2. I had AT&T prepaid service (25˘/min plan) for 6 months but only used the Phoenix on AT&T a few months. AT&T sent me the unlock code.

    However I got an AT&T Smartflip from Best Buy recently and AT&T wouldn't issue me an unlock code. Never gave me a reason, just said they'd work on it and never heard from them again. I have an H20 SIM in it currently and wonder if AT&T will unlock it after using it awhile on there.

    With TF selling to VZ I'm wondering what the future of AT&T phones or any GSM phone will be that's currently on TF service.
    Me too. I only use ATT BYOP sims. Verizon has poor coverage where I go. OK in AZ, not good in Cali. I also don’t want a monthly plan (if I don’t have to) cause I don’t use my phone enough.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,900
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    With TF selling to VZ I'm wondering what the future of AT&T phones or any GSM phone will be that's currently on TF service.
    I've been using BYOP phones with TF/AT&T BYOP SIMs since TF made BYOP available. I prefer small phones (less than 145mm/5.7" tall) with 5.5" 1080p screen but TF doesn't have any model like that. If Verizon completes the TF acquisition and forces me to switch to TF/Verizon, I guess I'll have to use my backup phone, a TF-branded LG Journey that I bought recently for $20 new. It doesn't have 1080p screen, but it's smaller than the other current TF-branded phones. I have good coverage with AT&T, Verizon, T-mo at my location, so carrier choice is not a factor.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 04:01 PM
  2. WTB: foreign sim cards / ATT Prepaid SIM
    By billinvegas in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 03:33 AM
  3. ATT Prepaid
    By Delta in forum AT&T
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 10:00 PM
  4. ATT Prepaid World Phones?
    By Glazebo in forum AT&T
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 04:41 PM
  5. ATT Prepaid Returns?
    By matth in forum AT&T
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2003, 08:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks