Thread: ATT Prepaid

Feedback Score

ATT Prepaid

AT&T PREPAID Motorola moto g7 Play. Walmart for $79.00
    Just double checking that I can drop a BYOP Tracfone/ATT sim in this phone without any problems.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    AT&T PREPAID Motorola moto g7 Play. Walmart for $79.00
    Just double checking that I can drop a BYOP Tracfone/ATT sim in this phone without any problems.
    Thanks
    I have used TF BYO ATT SIMs in several AT&T Prepaid phones without the phone being carrier unlocked. Generally AT&T allows their Prepaid phones to be used on any of their MVNOs. I have not heard of any change in this. I don't know of any official statement about it to link to.

Feedback Score
    I have used a TF AT&T sim in a AT&T prepaid phone. In fact, I was even able to get the phone unlocked after a year.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    I have used a TF AT&T sim in a AT&T prepaid phone. In fact, I was even able to get the phone unlocked after a year.
    Tracfone unlocked your AT&T Prepaid phone? Never heard of that happening before.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    I forget if I contacted AT&T or Tracfone, but the phone was only used on TF. I had no problem with my unlock request.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    I forget if I contacted AT&T or Tracfone, but the phone was only used on TF. I had no problem with my unlock request.
    A few years ago I bought an AT&T GoPhone (now called AT&T Prepaid) LG Phoenix 2. After a few months, I submitted an unlock request to AT&T and they sent me the code. Back then, I think they granted all unlock requests even if the phone was never used on AT&T Prepaid.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    A few years ago I bought an AT&T GoPhone (now called AT&T Prepaid) LG Phoenix 2. After a few months, I submitted an unlock request to AT&T and they sent me the code. Back then, I think they granted all unlock requests even if the phone was never used on AT&T Prepaid.
    I did the same with my Phoenix 2. I had AT&T prepaid service (25˘/min plan) for 6 months but only used the Phoenix on AT&T a few months. AT&T sent me the unlock code.

However I got an AT&T Smartflip from Best Buy recently and AT&T wouldn't issue me an unlock code. Never gave me a reason, just said they'd work on it and never heard from them again. I have an H20 SIM in it currently and wonder if AT&T will unlock it after using it awhile on there.

With TF selling to VZ I'm wondering what the future of AT&T phones or any GSM phone will be that's currently on TF service.

At least unlocked ones can port out.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I did the same with my Phoenix 2. I had AT&T prepaid service (25˘/min plan) for 6 months but only used the Phoenix on AT&T a few months. AT&T sent me the unlock code.

However I got an AT&T Smartflip from Best Buy recently and AT&T wouldn't issue me an unlock code. Never gave me a reason, just said they'd work on it and never heard from them again. I have an H20 SIM in it currently and wonder if AT&T will unlock it after using it awhile on there.

With TF selling to VZ I'm wondering what the future of AT&T phones or any GSM phone will be that's currently on TF service.
    Me too. I only use ATT BYOP sims. Verizon has poor coverage where I go. OK in AZ, not good in Cali. I also don’t want a monthly plan (if I don’t have to) cause I don’t use my phone enough.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I've been using BYOP phones with TF/AT&T BYOP SIMs since TF made BYOP available. I prefer small phones (less than 145mm/5.7" tall) with 5.5" 1080p screen but TF doesn't have any model like that. If Verizon completes the TF acquisition and forces me to switch to TF/Verizon, I guess I'll have to use my backup phone, a TF-branded LG Journey that I bought recently for $20 new. It doesn't have 1080p screen, but it's smaller than the other current TF-branded phones. I have good coverage with AT&T, Verizon, T-mo at my location, so carrier choice is not a factor.