Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: DENT Wireless free 5GB eSIM Limited Time Promotion

Feedback Score
    Teams works well with Dent . I use it all the time. But since most of my earned data is from referral basically all of it expires Dec 5, almost 10 months ahead of promised.

Dent really is untrustworthy as I definitely understand changing the rule moving forward but to retroactively change every one date means they are off my list. Much better choices via esimdb.com or esims.io

Feedback Score
    Earned data now officially all expires in 7 days. Not a big deal to me, but unfortunate timing. I'm going to be somewhere where I use a fair amount of cellular data in a week and a half.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (Personal Phone / iPad) / Tracfone VZW MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    Looks like they updated all of my data to expire in 7 days now --

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up. I deleted the app.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    I use GV over data only. My regular SIM is postpaid T-Mobile data only with 2GB/mo at $10/mo. I also have an old FreedomPop AT&T annual plan in a Unite hotspot, sort of as a backup on a different network, although I only very rarely use the 2GB, and T-Mobile postpaid works well where I generally travel. But it was a nice feeling knowing I had the Dent eSIM international data available, if necessary, especially since I travel in Canada frequently.

HoFo member fstuff was kind enough to give me a referral for Keepgo, but I didn't do anything with it yet. Keepgo only requires a $3 annual top up to keep existing balances active.

Also, through today, 11/29/22, I see that Keepgo is advertising "50% OFF & 2GB FREE". If I can get myself in gear today, maybe I'll try to get signed up for Keepgo today... https://omniform1.com/signup/v1/5d1d...017f6d2d2.html

Does anyone have any other suggestion for worldwide eSIM data with no expiration, or with low-cost to keep active (like $3/year for Keepgo)? Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Does anyone have any other suggestion for worldwide eSIM data with no expiration, or with low-cost to keep active (like $3/year for Keepgo)? Thanks!
    Vegolink doesn't expire, provided that you have some type of usage once a year. Like many in the sea of eSIM providers, they appear to use Roamability to provide service. I've had good luck with their reliability (unlike DENT). They also offer a physical SIM as well, and you can easily shuffle funds between your various eSIMs/pSIMs via their Telegram bot.

https://vegolink.com

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So, if I understand, one difference between Keepgo and Vegolink is that Keepgo is more similar to Dent, in that all GBs of data purchased can be used in supported countries with no difference in cost, while Vegolink deducts at a different cost based on location and connected network?

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Correct. Vegolink does periodically update the tariff list as well. IME, pricing has been trending downwards lately. In many of the countries that are supported with Dent and Keepgo it runs about $5/GB. The fact that you get PAYGO nearly everywhere else (albeit at a higher cost), where Keepgo and Dent are unusable, is a bonus IMO.

Device(s)
    Pixel 7 Pro, 7, 6a, 4a 5G, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, T-Mobile, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Can you get the 3gb for the referral and still get the bonus 2gb with purchase?

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 10 pro
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Truphone, Three, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Do vegolink and keepgo route their data through Europe like DENT does?

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So, I was going to sign up for Keepgo eSIM, but unless I'm missing something, the eSIM option doesn't have the World SIM option, like the "Lifetime World SIM Card"?

Feedback Score
    KeepGo is mostly through Europe too but they have a more expensive plan that routes through US. Supposedly one of their mid tier plans also do even though it shouldn't

I signed up for KeepGo with referral to get 3gb vs the 2gb you get directly on their site. I gave some negative feedback about the process and they emailed me the next day asking for more info and offering some help. So that's a good sign to me because Dent clearly doesn't care and has always had bad customer support.

I have nearly 4 gigs of data that was expiring 10 months from now that now expire next week. Completely unacceptable and done with them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Vegolink doesn't expire, provided that you have some type of usage once a year. Like many in the sea of eSIM providers, they appear to use Roamability to provide service. I've had good luck with their reliability (unlike DENT). They also offer a physical SIM as well, and you can easily shuffle funds between your various eSIMs/pSIMs via their Telegram bot.

https://vegolink.com
    If a person is using a Vegolink eSIM, and goes from one country to another, is there anything manual that has to be done to get data to work in the new country? Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If a person is using a Vegolink eSIM, and goes from one country to another, is there anything manual that has to be done to get data to work in the new country? Thanks!
    My experience has been friction-free, however you may want to manually select the appropriate network to ensure that you get the pricing you're expecting. There's no means for the phone or network to select the most economical choice for you.

Also, you may want to set up their recommended APN, just in case the configuration-free provisioning doesn't work. See the FAQ (https://vegolink.com/#faq), under "How to set up a mobile internet?" (pasted below):

"
    Additional configuration is not needed.

Note! In the case, if native APN is not available on your device and no mobile data connectivity, please configure APN manually.
    APN: fastaccess
    Username and Password leave blank.
    "

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja View Post
    Do vegolink and keepgo route their data through Europe like DENT does?[/URL]
    All providers that use Roamability on the back-end (read: most of them) use APNs that all go to the same place in either Poland or London. These would include:

internet
    uinternet
    fastaccess
    global.dentwireless
    global.telcoequity

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast