Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Verizon expands 4G fixed wireless

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well now its showing available so I go to sign up get to the last step oops something went wrong. I refuse to call and talk to someone in india not going to happen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Well now its showing available so I go to sign up get to the last step oops something went wrong. I refuse to call and talk to someone in india not going to happen.
    I talked to someone in America, support does close at 7 though I believe

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I though it might have something to to with history on my browser so I cleared history now I can't even sign into my Verizon, there site must be getting hammered.'t

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    I though it might have something to to with history on my browser so I cleared history now I can even sign into my Verizon, there site must be getting hammered.
    Ehh there site is kinda a mess it pops up errors quite often, whoever redesigned it should be fired

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to take this as a omen,going to stick with my prepaid unlimited plan that I pay 65.00 month for.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    At&t fixed wireless is $70( non promo price ) and you get 250 GB.
    That’s in a super small area, for 95% of people, it’s $100/mo for 100GB with overages of $10 per GB?

I’m trying to pull a screenshot of what AT&T sells the “masses” but the website as usual is a coding mess and I cannot get my cart to pull up in the three browsers I’ve tried. For being a communications company... AT&T is bad at communicating with it’s customers via website
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    That’s in a super small area, for 95% of people, it’s $100/mo for 100GB with overages of $10 per GB?

I’m trying to pull a screenshot of what AT&T sells the “masses” but the website as usual is a coding mess and I cannot get my cart to pull up in the three browsers I’ve tried. For being a communications company... AT&T is bad at communicating with it’s customers via website
    https://www.att.com/internet/fixed-wireless/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Yeah, but that's not available for "most" people

This is:

https://www.business.att.com/product...-internet.html

Fixed Wireless was only deployed in "some" CAF-II areas, and that's it. most people will not be able to get it.

This shows on the business site, but on "normie/residential" you have to go through a checkout process and it's the same plan, and that's what's erroring out for me to show the plan.

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1048698/

It's also listed in the table for the postpaid options..

AT&T Wireless Internet

50GB of data plus talk (unlimited nationwide calling): $60 per month

100GB of data plus talk (unlimited nationwide calling): $100 per month

Overage: $25 for 10GB on the 50GB and 100GB plans

Feedback Score
    In the news today.

PC Magazine published an article with maps of the zip codes where this is supposed to be available in theory. It does not mean that it is available at every address in the zip code, but it is more than Verizon is giving us.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/verizon-l...s-here-are-the

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    In the news today.

PC Magazine published an article with maps of the zip codes where this is supposed to be available in theory. It does not mean that it is available at every address in the zip code, but it is more than Verizon is giving us.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/verizon-l...s-here-are-the
    Everywhere I've checked so far for family members stuck on 10Mbps or less CenturyLink DSL in Ohio, it's not been available for any of them. But I'm not surprised as all of the locations I've checked are primarily 700/850MHz LTE and AWS/PCS is a few miles away easily.

Feedback Score
    Everywhere I've checked so far for family members stuck on 10Mbps or less CenturyLink DSL in Ohio, it's not been available for any of them. But I'm not surprised as all of the locations I've checked are primarily 700/850MHz LTE and AWS/PCS is a few miles away easily.
    CenturyLink will no longer allow new DSL connections in my rural Arizona area since it's old copper wire and they're now only doing areas served by fiber. There are NO addresses in my zip code, which is on Verizon's list, that come up available. (it's very rural, I know all the occupied addresses). I get bands 2,4,5 and 13 on my Verizon cell phone.
    As usual, cart before the horse for Verizon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    CenturyLink will no longer allow new DSL connections in my rural Arizona area since it's old copper wire and they're now only doing areas served by fiber. There are NO addresses in my zip code, which is on Verizon's list, that come up available. (it's very rural, I know all the occupied addresses). I get bands 2,4,5 and 13 on my Verizon cell phone.
    As usual, cart before the horse for Verizon.
    CenturyLink luckily got CAFII projects done at the places i've checked and all are now on 10/1 VDSL2 (fiber backed) except one who's still stuck on an old 512/128 line that's absolutely trash because the DSLAM is just a bunch of bonded T1 lines for backhaul.

CenturyLink in the midwest is 100x worse than I dealt with in AZ. At least US-West/Qwest *tried* in places with population. Most of CL in Ohio is still max 10/1 ADSL2... even in the city.

But even fixed LTE would be better than the capped 10/1 CenturyLink rolled out in CAFII areas. What sucks is they seem to cap those mini DSLAM to 10/1 even on bonded tiers where the line specs show 25/5 or 40/3 would work just fine. I'm hoping they fix that at some point.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Re: CenturyLink in the midwest

They offer 12/1 for $45/mo across my entire city. A few select high-end apartments are wired with their Gigabit service- but I don't know anyone dumb enough to live in those. Charter Spectrum offers 100/10 for $45/mo for a year which becomes $65/mo... you can bump up $20 for 400/20, then another $20 for 945/35.

At one of my grandparents' house, CenturyLink offers 3/1. It's their only wireline option and I find AT&T to be a multitude times faster, but there are limits with that.

At my other grandparents' house, they don't offer any type of wireline beyond POTS. So she's stuck with the unlimited depri Verizon hotspot on a 7730L that doesn't work for most of the day even after upgrading the site from 4/13 to 2/4/5/13/66/66. They're both in far more rural parts than where I live.

CenturyLink is absolutely pathetic and Verizon doesn't offer their home internet to any ZIP code near me.

5G Minneapolis, MN‎ -------------------------------------------------------------‎ 5G+ ‎Minneapolis, MN
    2+n5+? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2+n261

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Re: CenturyLink in the midwest

They offer 12/1 for $45/mo across my entire city. A few select high-end apartments are wired with their Gigabit service- but I don't know anyone dumb enough to live in those. Charter Spectrum offers 100/10 for $45/mo for a year which becomes $65/mo... you can bump up $20 for 400/20, then another $20 for 945/35.

At one of my grandparents' house, CenturyLink offers 3/1. It's their only wireline option and I find AT&T to be a multitude times faster, but there are limits with that.

At my other grandparents' house, they don't offer any type of wireline beyond POTS. So she's stuck with the unlimited depri Verizon hotspot on a 7730L that doesn't work for most of the day even after upgrading the site from 4/13 to 2/4/5/13/66/66. They're both in far more rural parts than where I live.

CenturyLink is absolutely pathetic and Verizon doesn't offer their home internet to any ZIP code near me.
    When I lived in Phoenix.. they were actually decent. I had 140Mbps via bonded service and it was solid.

Feedback Score
    .............................except one who's still stuck on an old 512/128 line that's absolutely trash because the DSLAM is just a bunch of bonded T1 lines for backhaul.
    Well we are talking rural and I guess that's my type of line. I was lucky to get 1 mbps and averaged maybe 600 kbps on my rural CenturyLink DSL.
    I got a Verizon 8800L hotspot on their 16GB (then throttled unlimited) prepaid plan $50mo. I don't do much steaming and 16G is plenty for me. It's cheaper then my DSL was and gets about 20 mbps (about 5 miles from the tower). Dumped the DSL. I doubt Verizon's Fixed Internet would offer me more then my hotspot other then unlimited high speed data (which is nice but not needed by me); plus the hotspot plan is cheaper then the fixed. The value of so called fixed seems to be the unlimited data if you need it; otherwise it's the same as a hotspot device which at least is portable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast