Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Excluding/turning off voicemail if it's part of your base plan

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Excluding/turning off voicemail if it's part of your base plan

Can this be done so I can use conditional call forwarding? Or will reps not do this/is it inconsistent?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I believe you can turn on call forwarding from your phone by dialing *72 + area code + phone # (*721234567890 for example) and turn it off by dialing *73. I don't know if it is conditional or immediate call forwarding. That's how we advised customers using Cingular/At&t if they wanted to do it themselves.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I believe you can turn on call forwarding from your phone by dialing *72 + area code + phone # (*721234567890 for example) and turn it off by dialing *73. I don't know if it is conditional or immediate call forwarding. That's how we advised customers using Cingular/At&t if they wanted to do it themselves.
    This is true, however you can't set up conditional call forwarding unless you *don't* have voicemail on your line. That means you can forward every call you get, but you can't tell Fido to only forward SOME calls.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    Can this be done so I can use conditional call forwarding? Or will reps not do this/is it inconsistent?
    Do you have a Value Pack or just a basic Mini Voicemail?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Do you have a Value Pack or just a basic Mini Voicemail?
    Basic voicemail is part of my plan.

Feedback Score
    Basic voicemail is part of my plan.
    So do you have on top of that the $07.00 / Value Pack as well?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So do you have on top of that the $07.00 / Value Pack as well?

Correct. But I could easily remove the value pack and replace it with $3 call forwarding. I'm just afraid the representative would screw up my account if I ask them to try disabling voicemail? Especially since I have a sweet winback plan that I don't want them to touch.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Fritz, just tell me this: if my plan includes voicemail, is it easy for a representative to temporarily shut off voicemail on my account, so that I could conditionally forward my calls?

Feedback Score
    Correct. But I could easily remove the value pack and replace it with $3 call forwarding. I'm just afraid the representative would screw up my account if I ask them to try disabling voicemail? Especially since I have a sweet winback plan that I don't want them to touch.
    Bottom line is if you have any kind of Voicemail the only type of Call Forwarding available will the the unconditional type.

Feedback Score
    Fritz, just tell me this: if my plan includes voicemail, is it easy for a representative to temporarily shut off voicemail on my account, so that I could conditionally forward my calls?
    You’ll have to remove all Voicemail types in order
    to have conditional Call Forwarding to work. If you have voicemail (Any kind) only the Unconditional Call Forwarding will be available.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bottom line is if you have any kind of Voicemail the only type of Call Forwarding available will the the unconditional type.
    Wow that sucks. Rogers used to let you override this. Representatives could exclude (turn off) voicemail in the system for you even if it was included. And Telus, Freedom, etc. all allow you to configure custom, conditional call forwarding even if you have voicemail in your plan.

Feedback Score
    Wow that sucks. Rogers used to let you override this. Representatives could exclude (turn off) voicemail in the system for you even if it was included. And Telus, Freedom, etc. all allow you to configure custom, conditional call forwarding even if you have voicemail in your plan.
    I see... It’s up to you now... You have all your options / choices on your hands...

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I see... It’s up to you now... You have all your options / choices on your hands...
    So has anyone ever gotten a representative to exclude voicemail? Anyone other than Fritz? Fritz I'm not sure if you're trying to be unhelpful or if that's truly the answer.

Feedback Score
    So has anyone ever gotten a representative to exclude voicemail? Anyone other than Fritz? Fritz I'm not sure if you're trying to be unhelpful or if that's truly the answer.
    LOL? Seriously?!?! What are you looking for?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LOL? Seriously?!?! What are you looking for?
    Yes seriously. I recall there was always a difference between "no this is impossible" and "yes this is very possible, but is against Rogers/Fido policy" and so I was looking for someone else who maybe had experience trying to get Fido to do this. Like I said, I know at Rogers it was possible but I'm sure some Rogers employees would have responded with "it's not possible".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast