Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T‑Mobile Home Internet

Feedback Score

T‑Mobile Home Internet

I just ordered T‑Mobile Home Internet. When I checked in the past, it said it wasn't available. A few minutes ago, I checked and it said this:

You’re in!

Your home is eligible for T‑Mobile Home Internet!

Get in touch to get it now, otherwise we’ll contact you shortly.

We’re available at 1-844-839-5057, from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. PT.

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So it is only available for people living in mobile homes ??
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    So it is only available for people living in mobile homes ??
    I live in RV...no address
    Should be available.......

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Ugh. Checked my location, for me it went to step 2 of 2 contact information, "If you're eligible, we'll give you a call to complete your purchase." I don't want a call, I don't want to complete a purchase, I just want to know if my address is eligible or ineligible? (Or some polite way of saying it's fringe and they don't know, like "there is service in this area, but availability varies by address".) Oh well.

I do suspect it's not, pre-Sprint T-Mo here (Iowa City) was only band 2 & 71, they only had some PCS from IWireless (and that's it, IWireless didn't even buy any AWS) and 600mhz (band 71) that T-Mo bought, so it'd probably be no sweat when Sprint's 2.5ghz is all lit up. Both Sprint and IWireless here... lets say their networks weren't particularly dense (probably fine for coverage now that B71 is running)... might be dumb luck, but I wonder if Sprint and ex-IWireless sites are mostly be colocated; if not keeping some of those Sprint sites will let them densify quickly if just having all that 2.5ghz spectrum fired up is still not enough.

Feedback Score

T‑Mobile Home Internet

I did a bit more snooping on the T‑Mobile Home Internet service.

It looks like the device I will be sent is a TM-RTL0102 LTE WiFi Gateway built by Taiwan-based Askey Computer Corp.

The bands listed are LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 66, 71

2G/3G: WCDMA 1, 2, 4, 5, 8

LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes

MIMO Support: 2x2 Internal only

Does anybody happen to know if the SIM card is, or will be, locked to that device?

Could I simply install the T-Mobile SIM card in my currently unlocked Netgear Nighthawk MR1100-2A1NAS?

It appears as if most of the bands listed above, specifically LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12 and 66, are in my MR1100-2A1NAS.

The notable exception, of course, is T-Mobile Band 71 (600 MHz Band).

My general assumption is that I might get slower speeds, using the Netgear Nighthawk, since it doesn't have Band 71.

Does T-Mobile somehow configure this to prevent using it mobile?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is so new, I don't think that anybody can answer any questions with certainty yet. It is interesting and I also don't qualify but I did inquire through the online tool. We will have to wait for more details.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I did a bit more snooping on the T‑Mobile Home Internet service.

It looks like the device I will be sent is a TM-RTL0102 LTE WiFi Gateway built by Taiwan-based Askey Computer Corp.

The bands listed are LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 66, 71

2G/3G: WCDMA 1, 2, 4, 5, 8

LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes

MIMO Support: 2x2 Internal only

Does anybody happen to know if the SIM card is, or will be, locked to that device?

Could I simply install the T-Mobile SIM card in my currently unlocked Netgear Nighthawk MR1100-2A1NAS?

It appears as if most of the bands listed above, specifically LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12 and 66, are in my MR1100-2A1NAS.

The notable exception, of course, is T-Mobile Band 71 (600 MHz Band).

My general assumption is that I might get slower speeds, using the Netgear Nighthawk, since it doesn't have Band 71.

Unfortunately, it is not 5G device.
    hopefully, T-Mobile will have 5G devices for T-Mobile home

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I strongly suspect that many parts of the US will not have 5G services from T-Mobile until next year or 2022.

Feedback Score
    I strongly suspect that many parts of the US will not have 5G services from T-Mobile until next year or 2022.
    T-Mobile claimed it's 5G covered 250 millions in US for awhile ago

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, I don't buy that line.

That is probably the areas they hold licenses, not where they actually provide 5G. I am in Florida and the the coverage is very isolated statewide. Nice if you live in the selected coverage areas but useless here I live. 4G works well in my area and no question about that. All carriers like to exaggerate their actual coverage, T-mobile included. That map is just smoke and mirrors in reality IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    ...Does anybody happen to know if the SIM card is, or will be, locked to that device?

By the Terms of Service, " For use only with T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway for in-home use at location provided at activation."

Not for mobile or BYOD. How much they enforce this remains to be seen.

Also, "Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use..."

Using terabytes a month might be considered abnormal use.

Feedback Score
    That is probably the areas they hold licenses, not where they actually provide 5G.
    I don't think there's any such thing as a 5G license. As far as I know, a carrier doesn't have to go to the FCC to get approval to use 5G on a certain band they own.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Tmobile does cover good portions of the country with 5g now, but, it is their n71 service mainly right now. This is basically their....for a lack of a better term, bare bones, 5g coverage. It's mainly deployed on 10x10 channels and it's main goal is coverage, not speed. They say you will generally see around a 15-20% increase on this service. i do agree though that it will likely be next year or 2022 until they have 5g deployed in a way that offers a very noticeable improvement for people. Even at the 15-20% increase they say you will see now, all that means is if you were getting 40 down with LTE in your area, you will now see around 48 down with 5g. This will obviously improve once n41 becomes more widely available, which will likely be about a year before many areas of the country see it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    T-Mobile claimed it's 5G covered 250 millions in US for awhile ago

That's LOWBAND. That's not going to provide a REAL 5G experience. By this time next month T-Mobile will have to stop running these ads

Feedback Score
    I think 5G is eh. But content providers will force their "improved" standards on us so 5G will become necessary.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast