Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the cheapest cell only (no data) plan for Sprint.

Feedback Score

Looking for the cheapest cell only (no data) plan for Sprint.

My 88YO Dad keeps a cell phone only for emergencies. He probably uses 10 minutes per year. Yes, year. Can someone point me to a cheap Sprint plan for him? I don't care if it is an annual plan. That's OK, too.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here are the three cheapest plans I have found:

TextNow - Free Talk/TXT (Sprint/T-Mobile)
    https://www.textnow.com/how-it-works

US Mobile - $2/Month for 75 Minutes (T-Mobile/Verizon)
    https://www.usmobile.com/plans

Hello Mobile - $5/Month for 500 Minutes, Unlimited TXT, and 500 MB Data (Sprint/T-Mobile)
    https://hellomobile.com/shop/plans

Though honestly have no idea why you are looking for plans on a carrier that no longer exists and a network that will soon no longer be around.
    (T-Mobile bought Sprint and has already pulled the plug on the Sprint Brand while merging Sprint's network into its own.)

Though I could also link to my plans comparison page on Drako's Wireless Review.
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Here are the three cheapest plans I have found:

TextNow - Free Talk/TXT (Sprint/T-Mobile)
    https://www.textnow.com/how-it-works

Hello Mobile - $5/Month for 500 Minutes, Unlimited TXT, and 500 MB Data (Sprint/T-Mobile)
    https://hellomobile.com/shop/plans

Though honestly have no idea why you are looking for plans on a carrier that no longer exists and a network that will soon no longer be around.
    (T-Mobile bought Sprint and has already pulled the plug on the Sprint Brand while merging Sprint's network into its own.)

Though I could also link to my plans comparison page on Drako's Wireless Review.

Can his Sprint phone work on T-Mobile or other service?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smaye View Post
    Depends on the phone model. What is it? If it is an old flip phone it is very unlikely.

Something to consider: You can get a phone "bundle" from HSN for $50. They have smart and flip phones using Tracfone service that come with 1500 units each of talk minutes, texts, data MB, and a year of service time. You can port the number them at activation. They use Verizon cells.

Page Plus has flip phones $20-$40. The PP paygo plan is $10 every 120 days ($2.50/month). That is as low as it goes. PP is a Tracfone brand and also uses Verizon cells.

After T-Mobile's purchase of Sprint, Sprint is a dead end. I would move on.

Feedback Score

That's wrong. That will cost more than $4/mo. You missed:

Taxes & fees include a $2 Service Fee from carrier partners for network access and Regulatory Cost Recovery charges from $1 - $5 per line. See details in our https://www.usmobile.com/terms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post

Page Plus has flip phones $20-$40. The PP paygo plan is $10 every 120 days ($2.50/month). That is as low as it goes. PP is a Tracfone brand and also uses Verizon cells.
    Now that might work. Will THIS phone activate with PP?

Feedback Score
    Now that might work. Will THIS phone activate with PP?
    That probably would work, but you can get the same phone direct from PP for $19.99 and that is certain to work.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You'd be surprised. Many of the Sprint phones I have checked, all the way back to the Moto e4, pass the IMEI checker on T-Mobile's site.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's wrong. That will cost more than $4/mo. You missed:

Taxes & fees include a $2 Service Fee from carrier partners for network access and Regulatory Cost Recovery charges from $1 - $5 per line. See details in our https://www.usmobile.com/terms.
    Thank you for the clarification, my comparisons sadly don't cover the hidden fees inside carrier TOS's.
    Tello has no hidden fees, just the taxes on top of the plans.

Feedback Score
    I've said this like twice in my life so don't laugh at me. LOL

Get the Tracfone bundle at HSN & be done with it. Phone, minutes & 1 year all in one for $50 or less.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the clarification, my comparisons sadly don't cover the hidden fees inside carrier TOS's.
    Tello has no hidden fees, just the taxes on top of the plans.
    US Mobile fees aren't exactly hidden, since they are listed more than once right on https://www.usmobile.com/plans , but it would be nice if at the very least they would simply include the $2 Service Fee, since that's a given on ALL their plans, and then say something like "PLUS Regulatory Cost Recovery charges from $1 - $5 per line." But US Mobile has decided to be, at the very least, a little misleading.

Feedback Score
    You'd be surprised. Many of the Sprint phones I have checked, all the way back to the Moto e4, pass the IMEI checker on T-Mobile's site.
    i am pretty sure T-Mobile's IMEI checker will only identify which phones WIL NOT WORK due to being blacklisted, blocked for non-payment, etc. since mobile accepts any unlocked GSM/LTE phone the default for any unknown IMEI is to accept and compatibility is another issue all together. this is a bit different from a sprint or verizon IMEI checker that will only show phones specifically 'whitelisted' as working.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    That probably would work, but you can get the same phone direct from PP for $19.99 and that is certain to work.
    I second this motion.
    I have several used cellphones for sale in my Bonanza booth.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    i am pretty sure T-Mobile's IMEI checker will only identify which phones WIL NOT WORK due to being blacklisted, blocked for non-payment, etc. since mobile accepts any unlocked GSM/LTE phone the default for any unknown IMEI is to accept and compatibility is another issue all together. this is a bit different from a sprint or verizon IMEI checker that will only show phones specifically 'whitelisted' as working.
    T-Mobile's IMEI Checker does check for "basic" compatibility and even specifies if the device will work with T-Mobile VoLTE and Extended Range LTE. I know this to be true since the Sprint Tribute Dynasty FAILS T-Mo's test and cannot be activated due to lack of VoLTE support and support of many of T-Mo's bands. (Though it appears the checker does not fail your device if Band 71 is not supported, but still supports at least their 700 Mhz bands.) Though if any devices does not support 600-700 and VoLTE, T-Mobile's device checker will fail it. They also have a secondary check to see if the device is unlocked, and will notify you as such.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast