Thread: lg phone not working

Feedback Score

lg phone not working

i've got an lgl158vl that i activated 3 weeks ago. everything worked great,went camping for a few days and the first week worked fine.now whenever i try and make a call i just get a busy signal.text and data both work. was on chat with tracfone for 6hrs yesterday and was promised a call back 4 times!!! nothing,this morning chat for hour set up a call back,nada zilch what a joke!!! thought somebody here might have an idea,i'm on verizon and yesterday did a factory reset. thanks for any help

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    My speculation.... The LG L158VL is the Rebel 3. I don't know if it supports VoLTE. If it does not, and Verizon has dropped 3G/CDMA support for your location, then it won't have voice service anymore.

Feedback Score
    The L158VL is 4G.

Make sure you have the latest APN settings.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    My speculation.... The LG L158VL is the Rebel 3. I don't know if it supports VoLTE. If it does not, and Verizon has dropped 3G/CDMA support for your location, then it won't have voice service anymore.
    After looking, that phone looks like it was made about the start of 2018. That is about a few months before Verizon started enforcing the VoLTE on their postpaid accounts with new activations or replacement phones.

So you could be right. It could be one of the phones that could be hit or miss on when you activated it too.

Those phones released around end of 2017 to mid-2018 are hard to figure out at times.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    The L158VL is 4G.

Make sure you have the latest APN settings.
    4G does not always mean the phone supports VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    LG Rebel 2,3,4 are VoLTE capable. The OP's phone was activated recently, so it should be VoLTE provisioned. I would question what signal the phone is receiving off the tower. The LTE Discovery signal app is good for that.

https://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.co...rk-phones.html

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    In the thread you linked to above, user Anonymous post this on June 4, 2019, which seems to fit the OP's scenario.

"Anonymous said...

My LG Rebel 3 manufactured 12/2017 passed the VoLTE test.
    What concerns me is that I live in a rural area that is well within Verizon's 4G LTE
    coverage map but reception is marginal because of few towers in this area. I often get only a 2G (1x) or 3G signal. If Verizon closes these networks I will get no signal much of the time, making my mobile phone useless.
    Apparently this has been planned for a long time but I am just now hearing about it
    six months before it happens.
    The FCC should not allow Verizon to close the 2G and 3G networks unless they can ensure
    that people in rural areas will receive reliable 4G LTE service.
    June 4, 2019 at 7:40 PM

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I have seen phones that have no LTE still marked that you can activate them in my list of phones in my account.

Plus I see that list on that page does not have J3 Sky S320VL which is my first phone with VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    the funny thing is that it worked fine for about a week,then all i get when trying to make a call is busy signal,data and texting still work. thanks for the suggestions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I have seen phones that have no LTE still marked that you can activate them in my list of phones in my account.

Plus I see that list on that page does not have J3 Sky S320VL which is my first phone with VoLTE.
    Tracfone never published a list of VoLTE capable phones, even though they obviously have one. Not sure where Tracfonereviewer got theirs. There is a list on Turk Forums that was put together from member experience early on. It does list the J3 Sky.

If you tried to activate one of the pre-VoLTE phones in your account the system should reject it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sockeye66 View Post
    the funny thing is that it worked fine for about a week,then all i get when trying to make a call is busy signal,data and texting still work. thanks for the suggestions.
    You might try a system reset. Settings > Backup and reset > Network settings reset. Do NOT use Factory data reset!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Tracfone never published a list of VoLTE capable phones, even though they obviously have one. Not sure where Tracfonereviewer got theirs. There is a list on Turk Forums that was put together from member experience early on. It does list the J3 Sky.

If you tried to activate one of the pre-VoLTE phones in your account the system should reject it.
    Yea, I kinda wish they did.

I think the Tracfonereviewer got their list for users, but it sounds like the users was trying to activate phones from the comments on that page. It is hard to know where Tracfonereviewer got that list tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I think the Tracfonereviewer got their list for users, but it sounds like the users was trying to activate phones from the comments on that page. It is hard to know where Tracfonereviewer got that list tho.
    It was a mess back 2 years ago. Some phones were VoLTE capable with new activations, some were capable if the accounts were reprovisioned, some were not capable. Tracfone reps would not even acknowledge VoLTE for a good while after it became available, so we had to figure it out ourselves. I did not have a problem with my BYOP unlocked phone activated right at the beginning of VoLTE.