Thread: Visible Hotspotting upload speed anyway to improve?

Feedback Score

Visible Hotspotting upload speed anyway to improve?

My Visible hotspotting upload speed is quite dim at 0.4 Mbps.

Anyway to improve my upload speed?

Using a Moto G7 Power.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    My Visible hotspotting upload speed is quite dim at 0.4 Mbps.

Anyway to improve my upload speed?
    In my experience, Visible is very intermittent from one moment to the next for data. About the only thing you can do is wait until it improves. It usually does for me.

Some have suggested toggling Airplane mode or using a VPN. As far as I can tell, that is just voodoo.

Visible is an experimental service. We get about what we pay for. I did not really expect I would get flawless, totally unlimited service for $25 a month. What would be the point of postpaid service at pushing $100 a month if we could get it for $25? Verizon is not a charity. They are experimenting on us. Fortunately my use of data is not time critical and calls and texts seem to be higher priority that have worked without problems.

Also using a Moto G7 Power. I really don't think it is the phone.

Feedback Score
    I'm happy with the hotspotting download speeds. It's the hotspotting upload speeds of 0.4 Mbps I'm dissatisfied with.

Even at just 1.0 Mbps hotspotting upload speeds I think everything I need to accomplish could be accomplished.

But at 0.4 Mbps hotspotting upload speeds my paid streaming services don't function.

Funnily enough a lot of my free streaming services work. It's weird.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I'm happy with the hotspotting download speeds. It's the hotspotting upload speeds of 0.4 Mbps I'm dissatisfied with.

Even at just 1.0 Mbps hotspotting upload speeds I think everything I need to accomplish could be accomplished.

But at 0.4 Mbps hotspotting upload speeds my paid streaming services don't function.

Funnily enough a lot of my free streaming services work. It's weird.
    I don't understand why the upload speed matters for streaming. I get upload speeds of .4mb at my house. netflix and Amazon Prime work.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    I don't understand why the upload speed matters for streaming. I get upload speeds of .4mb at my house. netflix and Amazon Prime work.
    Speed tests are an average over a period of time. When speeds get that low on average, it is quite likely that at times they are zero. If it is zero or too low for too long, you will run out of buffer and streaming will rebuffer or just stop working. Maybe your 0.4 Mbps doesn't drop out. Mine does on Visible.

When you are receiving streaming content, most of the data is in the download direction, but the receiving unit still has to send small amounts of data in the upload direction for acknowledgments (ACKS) of the received packets.

Feedback Score
    Idk but I was figuring my paid streaming wants to keep verifying my account. And that's why my paid streaming services don't work.

And that my free streaming services don't demand much upload because they're not verifying my accounts because their services are free.