Thread: 200MB for Life Free Plans Purged by T-Mobile

Feedback Score

200MB for Life Free Plans Purged by T-Mobile

If you had a legacy 200 MB for life tablet plan you might want to refer to this thread in the main T-Mobile forum

https://howardforums.com/showthread....ccount-deleted

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nooooooooooo ��

Edit, just checked mine and it is still working. ��

I had two of these plans. They canceled one last year or the year before for non-usage. My surviing one I use at least once per month to keep it active. They were pretty amazing with the $10/5gb/150 day option that was supposed to be one time only but I was able to keep renewing it until sometime last year.

Feedback Score
    My mom has one of the 200MB for Life Free Plans on a tablet that I gave her.

I just checked and her plan is still working as normal.

She was using it once a week before the coronavirus but now that she has not been going out much she has not used it for months.

She used it for things like checking what movies are playing.

So it is good that it is still working.

I think this plan is fantastic for people that don't use much data. I wish they did not discontinue it.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just checked my Nexus 7 and still have data. One nice thing is that recently T-Mobile Tuesday is working with these plans

Sent from my motorola edge using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I just checked again and my moms tablet with the free data for life plan does not have data today and it was working just last time I posted on this thread.

When I open the browser a web page comes up from t-mobile and says T-Mobile Connect Me and says I can activate a new device with a red GET STARTED button.

Do you think this is just temporary or do I have to call support?

I really hate calling support because I did that before and they really don't know what they are doing. Last time it took about a year of calling them to get my problem fixed.

Do you think they going to cancel the free for life plan?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I just checked again and my moms tablet with the free data for life plan does not have data today and it was working just last time I posted on this thread.

When I open the browser a web page comes up from t-mobile and says T-Mobile Connect Me and says I can activate a new device with a red GET STARTED button.

Do you think this is just temporary or do I have to call support?

I really hate calling support because I did that before and they really don't know what they are doing. Last time it took about a year of calling them to get my problem fixed.

Do you think they going to cancel the free for life plan?
    Mine still works. But I expect at some point they might cancel these plans. I've gotten good use out of mine and it doesn't owe me anything.

If you check on the other thread, it looks like folks were able to call in and get service restored.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone changed tablet on this plan? Does it require visit to the store or can be done over the phone?

Thanks.

By the way, mine got deleted too. Called and and was told that it was a glitch in the system, and they were working on a fix.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie999 View Post
    Has anyone changed tablet on this plan? Does it require visit to the store or can be done over the phone?

Thanks.

By the way, mine got deleted too. Called and and was told that it was a glitch in the system, and they were working on a fix.
    I put mine in my Test Drive hotspot. It works fine for what you can do with 200 MB, which is not much. I have also put it in a phone and it worked for data. I doubt that changing tablets would be a problem.

Mine was working when I checked it near the beginning of the month.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Pretty sure I was told SIM was tied to the tablet and I needed to contact them if I wanted to use it in another one.

Things might have changed since they stopped offering the plan.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Pretty sure I was told SIM was tied to the tablet and I needed to contact them if I wanted to use it in another one.

I think it was for the iPad and any other devices that they may have sold. I had a Samsung tablet that wasn't from T-Mobile and I couldn't set it up online. I called CS and they set it up manually for me. This was in 2015. My sim(s), I had two, always worked in multiple devices without contacting T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Depends on the account. I have two free data SIMs, one is movable, one isn't. My "Free Data For Life" SIM isn't movable, but my "North America Free Data for Life" can be moved between devices.

I tried to get a T-Mo rep to change my "Free Data" line to "North America Free Data" but they weren't able to do it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011