Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

Feedback Score
    Data working fine this morning on a couple of my free accounts using the "old" SIM - I don't use the FP app.

Feedback Score
    FP Messaging App works (as of Oct 16 2020).

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I checked my Hotspot, connected OK, only got 1.5mb/sec data but that's usual.
    Afraid to put that new SIM in, I'll be stuck with the 25mb/mo deal. The rollover at $4/mo isn't worth it for 25mb.
    I have 4gb of data saved up, may just have to burn it and cancel. I only use the Hotspot when I travel but haven't traveled during the pandemic.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Freedompop, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I just got the mailing today, one day after they claim to be retiring the calling app (which I don't need).
    They don't say my account will be cancelled, so I'll just keep using it and see what happens. Data works fine today.
    (I'm on the Basic 200 plan, with 250 MB/mo of data.)
    Last edited by millept; 10-16-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8, ZTE Axon Mini
    Carrier(s)
    FreeUp, FreedomPop, SafeLink, Visible
    Feedback Score
    This is an obvious sign of what lies ahead in the RP buyout. A sliver of Free service that not many can use w/some hoops that may not be worth it. I'm already in the process of porting out my FP number to Visible. I've got one 500mb $3.98 SIM & $0.01 rollover data SIM in the hotspot that runs my Ambient Weather station to Wunderground (I'll Hook it up to my WiFi Now). It's been pretty good service, overall, & it did get us some of the cheapest data if you were willing to learn & deal w/FP. Looks like the ride is over for me. I've started the transition away from FP yesterday. I told my wife this is the beginning of the end of what was a long trend to squeeze out the free plans.. The new plan options are icing on the cake, as they say, for us. Bringing their offering inline with any other MVNO's.

On a side note: Stockels? Running Dish now...It'll be interesting to see how they will provide offerings in the future cellular rollout w/his mindset of subsidizing the free plans w/FP.

Feedback Score
    so far for me all is working as before, i did not get any new SIM's in the mail or any communications via email, text or otherwise.

for those of you who got the SIM's in the mail and declined to migrate, is the old SIM and App working same as before ? same allotment of free data ?

Feedback Score
    I received Premium Voice SIM, created new account for it, activated and ... as usual, FreedomPop put me on paid plan despite the fact that I selected free plan. I found the link to downgrade to free plan, downgraded and that's what I got:

Name:  FP Free Plan.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  18.7 KB

Feedback Score
    interestingly best buy and target are still selling the SIM's advertising the free plan with 200 MB, 500 texts and 200 minutes. i have a couple new un activated SIMs as well(i do not exactly recall why i have them but i am sure they were free or maybe 0.01) and it appears they could be activated without issue although i did not to the final steps not wanting to setup billing information.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    I received Premium Voice SIM, created new account for it, activated and ... as usual, FreedomPop put me on paid plan despite the fact that I selected free plan. I found the link to downgrade to free plan, downgraded and that's what I got:

Name:  FP Free Plan.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  18.7 KB
    that's a better plan than 10 minute, 10 text and 25 mb

have you tested unlimited wifi calling ? does it work via the native dialer and not deplete minutes ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    that's a better plan than 10 minute, 10 text and 25 mb

have you tested unlimited wifi calling ? does it work via the native dialer and not deplete minutes ?
    I have not tested with unlimited wi-fi calling because I do not have phone that supports AT&T Wi_Fi calling.

Good news: you can add minutes/sms/data: $2/100 minutes, $2/100 text messages , and data add-ons:

Name:  fp data.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  27.6 KB

The phone shows Red Pocket as operator.

APN: Reseller (same as for Red Pocket)

VoLTE works on AT&T branded phone (some kind of cheap ZTE phone, I do not know exact model).
    Last edited by RFK; 10-17-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Feedback Score
    If I buy AT&T branded phone that supports AT&T Wi-Fi calling on AT&T, will it support Wi-Fi calling on Freedompop Premium/Red Pocket?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    I have not tested with unlimited wi-fi calling because I do not have phone that supports AT&T Wi_Fi calling.

Good news: you can add minutes/sms/data: $2/100 minutes, $2/100 text messages , and data add-ons:

Name:  fp data.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  27.6 KB

The phone shows Red Pocket as operator.
    Is the data that you can add only valid for the current billing cycle or does it roll over until used up?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the 5 gb annual plan is still renewable. Everything seems to be working fine so far.Name:  Screenshot_20201017-165525~2.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  36.3 KB

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    Is the data that you can add only valid for the current billing cycle or does it roll over until used up?
    A assume that no rollover.

Feedback Score
    I just got the SIM cards yesterday 10/17/20. It was postmarked 10/13/20.

I’ll just wait it out, keep using the old SIM cards

I have a question - I still have an unused 3-mo plan I bought from Target last year. I don’t know if I should use it already (in case FPop somehow makes it incapable of being activated) or wait until I actually need to use it. Should I or shouldn’t I?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast