Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    I just got the SIM cards yesterday 10/17/20. It was postmarked 10/13/20.

I’ll just wait it out, keep using the old SIM cards

I have a question - I still have an unused 3-mo plan I bought from Target last year. I don’t know if I should use it already (in case FPop somehow makes it incapable of being activated) or wait until I actually need to use it. Should I or shouldn’t I?
    that's the question many of us have. i went ahead and activated a 1 yr plan several weeks ahead of schedule to be safe, kind of regret it now thinking perhaps redpocket is trying to switch as many as possible to the new plan(s) but may not actually 'force' the move.

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    I have a question - I still have an unused 3-mo plan I bought from Target last year. I don’t know if I should use it already (in case FPop somehow makes it incapable of being activated) or wait until I actually need to use it. Should I or shouldn’t I?
    same boat as you.
    unopened 12month plan with 1gig/month LTE data.

i probably wont use it until i need it.
    and if mint mobile or red pocket is selling cheap plans for black fri, i wont need it till at least 2022.

I canceled my home internet earlier this year and now hotspotting mint for home internet.
    thus i no longer rely on freedom pop's 200meg plan as my primary cell service.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I just got the replacement Sims. I don't really want to change. The fp AT&T Sims actually work well for me. As it is, I'm paying 6.98 to keep them active because I have gigs of rollover data.

If the apn is changing then I guess the Sims that use fp.attz might stop working in the future? Does it work that way?

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Got second Perimum SIM card and this time it 10 min/10 messages / 25 MB (first one was 50/50/50).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    Got second Perimum SIM card and this time it 10 min/10 messages / 25 MB (first one was 50/50/50).
    darn. i was actually excited they might be somewhat useful.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    So what is the possibility that the AT&T sim will actually stop functioning? This sounds like something I'd want to hold off doing as long as possible.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Freedompop, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    So what is the possibility that the AT&T sim will actually stop functioning? This sounds like something I'd want to hold off doing as long as possible.

Well, I find it interesting that FP has not actually said the current AT&T SIMs and accounts will stop working. They only said they are retiring the FP Messaging app (which still works, by the way).
    My guess is that they hope to trick customers into "upgrading" because they don't want to be seen as forcing any changes or cancellations. But that's only my very optimistic guess.
    In the meantime, I am making use of the free data until it stops.

Device(s)
    ZTE, Asus
    Carrier(s)
    RP GSMA
    Feedback Score
    I got the same SIM card from Freedompop today (Oct 19, which is later than the "upgrade" deadline Oct 15).
    It is totally meaningless since the new one has 25MB data only
    Android only

Device(s)
    LeEco S3
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket and others
    Feedback Score
    I have legacy 200M SIM but have not received any notice, nor SIM card.
    However today when I tried to log in my account it's no more; just let me upgrade page. I think new 25MB is useless so plan to cancel. I wish I had cancelled earlier when my account was accessible.
    My question is, if I eave everything as is, would they cancel my 200MB account automatically? just don't like the fact they have my credit card info and my charge me for no reason (which Freedom pop did on some people before)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by min1968 View Post
    I have legacy 200M SIM but have not received any notice, nor SIM card.
    However today when I tried to log in my account it's no more; just let me upgrade page. I think new 25MB is useless so plan to cancel. I wish I had cancelled earlier when my account was accessible.
    My question is, if I eave everything as is, would they cancel my 200MB account automatically? just don't like the fact they have my credit card info and my charge me for no reason (which Freedom pop did on some people before)
    Same here, no notice, no SIM. I was able to login my account. Clicking on My Account just sent me back to the login page.

I tried using the service for ~300 KB of data. It worked. I hope that does not trigger some kind of charge.

Will see how this plays out. It's probably time to just pull the SIMs and forget about it. In all the years I had it I only used it once other than the minimum monthly use to keep it active. No great loss to me. It became nearly worthless when they dropped the monthly allotment from 700 to 200 MB.

Feedback Score
    my service is working including the VOIP apps, but i also can not log into any of my online account for free plan or 1yr/1GB month plans, only get the upgrade page

also several days ago i opened support ticket with questions about continuation of the 1yr plans. no response.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    my service is working including the VOIP apps, but i also can not log into any of my online account for free plan or 1yr/1GB month plans, only get the upgrade page

also several days ago i opened support ticket with questions about continuation of the 1yr plans. no response.
    Same here. The account pages for all my free plan SIM cards just open to the "Welcome to Premium Voice...Please complete your transfer ..." regardless of whether they sent replacement cards or not.

If you can't log in to ur account with the 1yr/1Gb month plan, then that means 3-mo or 1-yr SIM cards that haven't been activated yet can't be activated at all. Sigh. At least I'm only out $9.99 for my 3-mo SIM card.

EDIT - We can still log in to our old account pages via my.freedompop.com/login .
    Last edited by Maru; 10-22-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post

Try going to

my.freedompop.com/login

I was able to access my 1gb and 5gb plan by logging in at that address. Going to freedompop.com leads to the page to sign up.

Feedback Score
    Same here. The account pages for all my free plan SIM cards just open to the "Welcome to Premium Voice...Please complete your transfer ..." regardless of whether they sent replacement cards or not.

If you can't log in to ur account with the 1yr/1Gb month plan, then that means 3-mo or 1-yr SIM cards that haven't been activated yet can't be activated at all. Sigh. At least I'm only out $9.99 for my 3-mo SIM card.
    i no longer have any un activated 1yr SIMs. i do have a few free plan SIMs (old ones)

if i click activate and than enter the ICCID it takes me to what appears to be the old activation page and would allow me to continue. i stopped there not wanting to add payment information, etc.

1 yr SIMs are still for sale at best buy and target so hopefully they can still be activated

Feedback Score
    to get into an account that has not been moved to new premium option type directly into the URL:

https://my.freedompop.com

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast