Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

Feedback Score
    Was wondering if you upgraded to the new SIM or are still using your existing LTE SIM?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Looks like the 5 gb annual plan is still renewable. Everything seems to be working fine so far.Attachment 166988

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Currently: at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had the free plan for awhile now, so one of my accounts has a $5 balance and another has $4.83. I remember over the years the balance to create a free account increased to I believe $10 or is it higher now? I didn't see anything specific in the TOS or the Help section of the FP site on a minimum balance. But I was wondering if I switch to the "new and improved service" would I keep my old balance or would I be charged to get my balance up to whatever the new minimum balance is? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    my service is working including the VOIP apps, but i also can not log into any of my online account for free plan or 1yr/1GB month plans, only get the upgrade page

also several days ago i opened support ticket with questions about continuation of the 1yr plans. no response.
    I used Twitter asking about buying a new 1 year SIM from Target / Best Buy. I got a cut-and-paste irrelevant generic response after several days. Reasked the question. Twitter support was very good in the past. Let's see if the response is any better or whether the competent folk no longer work there. I don't use Twitter except for such things - in fact don't even have the app on my phone.

Feedback Score
    to get into an account that has not been moved to new premium option type directly into the URL:

https://my.freedompop.com
    Don't know if that was working yesterday. Today, for me, it says, "Error: Your username or password is incorrect. Please try again."

[Edit] Oops, that does work today. I entered a stray character when I pasted in my email to login. The acct. status says:

Account Status
    AccountLTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle

PlanBasic GSM 200
    Data Remaining243.045 MB
    Minutes Remaining200
    Texts Remaining500

So no change there yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Don't know if that was working yesterday. Today, for me, it says, "Error: Your username or password is incorrect. Please try again."
    I was able to log in just now.

https://my.freedompop.com

Feedback Score
    at a local target store here all freedompop free and 1 year SIM's were pulled and a few new 3 months of 1gb for $25.49 were hung up.

the front of the package states: 1GB/month, everything you need to get connected. mentions nothing at all about talk or text. looking at the back of the package i can see that it is a new SIM (8901410 series) and in small print: True cellular connection, Unlimited Wifi iMessage and RCS text + 50 cellular texts, Unlimited inbound and outbound Wifi calls + 50 cellular minutes Also states in slightly larger print: Add cellular minutes, texts and data from $3.00

i believe all the old freedompop SIM's stated either 'credit card required' or 'no credit card required' on the packing. these new ones do not state either, so unknown for now if needed.

Feedback Score
    The old FP 1GB/mo annual prepaid SIMs are still available.

At Target, currently $49.99, available for pickup at my local store, or delivery.
    https://www.target.com/p/freedompop-...a/-/A-53511519

At Best Buy, currently $39.99, available for pickup at my local store, or delivery.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6187400

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The old FP 1GB/mo annual prepaid SIMs are still available.

At Target, currently $49.99, available for pickup at my local store, or delivery.
    https://www.target.com/p/freedompop-...a/-/A-53511519

At Best Buy, currently $39.99, available for pickup at my local store, or delivery.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6187400
    if anyone picks one up i am sure several of us are interested to hear how the activation goes.

i was optimistic they would be good for sometime, but my visit to target today and seeing them pulled from the hooks(i know they had a decent stock 3 days ago - i suppose its possible someone bought them all, but i suspect they were pulled when the new ones arrived) make me feel doubtful there is much time left for them.

Boz1, interestingly online they show as available for local pickup at the very store i visited today despite not being on the shelf any longer

Feedback Score
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, the new PAID system is 1gb per month + 50 texts + 50 minutes. If this is the case, that is excellent news since most of us who are on the 12 month plans only care about the data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, the new PAID system is 1gb per month + 50 texts + 50 minutes. If this is the case, that is excellent news since most of us who are on the 12 month plans only care about the data.
    but its a lot more expensive from: $49.99(nearly always available cheaper at $39.99, $34.99 or even less) for 1 yr and the new offer is $25.49 for 3 months ($100.59 yr)

Feedback Score
    Just got the new SIM in the mail today. Migrated my annual SIM which still has 2 months of service left. I chose not to port original number over and opted for a new number.

New SIM is active and working instantly. But old FP data only SIM is still working and not deactivated because there was no port. I wonder how long that will last.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    Just got the new SIM in the mail today. Migrated my annual SIM which still has 2 months of service left. I chose not to port original number over and opted for a new number.

New SIM is active and working instantly. But old FP data only SIM is still working and not deactivated because there was no port. I wonder how long that will last.

what plan shows for the new SIM ? is it the free plan or something better since you were coming from annual plan ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular, FreeUP Mobile, FreedomPop; Formerly Truphone, Google Fi, T-Mo Prepaid Gold Reward
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    Try going to

my.freedompop.com/login

I was able to access my 1gb and 5gb plan by logging in at that address. Going to freedompop.com leads to the page to sign up.
    This works for me as well. Confirmed my data only SIM is still functioning too.
    Trying to come up with some sort of signature line...

Feedback Score
    what plan shows for the new SIM ? is it the free plan or something better since you were coming from annual plan ?
    It says "unlimited everything [email protected]".
    I guess that means I now have unlimited 2G data?

It also changed my monthly cycle to start today Oct 23 when it used to start on the 1st of the month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    It says "unlimited everything [email protected]".
    I guess that means I now have unlimited 2G data?

It also changed my monthly cycle to start today Oct 23 when it used to start on the 1st of the month.

does it show an expiration date ? still have your 2 months ?

had you previously had any payment method attached to your SIM ?

if not, did you have to add one now ?

if you can keep both the old SIM and the new looks like it may be a sweet deal, at least until expiration arrives

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast