Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 540

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

  1. #406
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    470
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    0
    I was no where near using my quota (phone showed 25MB used) but it seems it was related to payment: I had it set to use Paypal and tried setting that up again, but still had the alert. Changed to an actual credit card and after that, the alert vanished and I immediately had mobile data restored. Based on comments in this reddit thread it sounds like I could now change back to Paypal, but I'll probably leave it as is to avoid this happening again in the future.

    Relieved that they didn't cut off the service, even though I have backups for if/when that happens.

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    43
    Device(s)
    blu vivo x5, moto e6
    Carrier(s)
    tmo prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    my legacy sims still work as of today.

    we've been talking about this since the beginning of january.

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    35
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by link626 View Post
    my legacy sims still work as of today.

    we've been talking about this since the beginning of january.
    Same here. Two legacy sims with > 5 GB of data working fine. My plan is to keep using them until they die.

    BTW, one nice thing about the new sims is that they give you a legit mobile phone number. This came in handy when Wells Fargo would not send texts to my Google voice number anymore.

  4. #409
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    470
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    0
    For those still using legacy SIMs:

    I previously had the Global Free 100 plan on my account for 100 minutes to international numbers for $0/month. Somehow this gotten taken off my account, but I see that it's still available to add - however, there's an asterisk:

    * - Regulatory and Recovery Fees may apply.
    Now I'm wondering if (knowing FreedomPop) they removed it and made it available again but with that asterisk so they could tack on a hidden fee.

    Does anyone currently have the Global Free 100 plan on their account (and use it) that they can say whether there have been any fees tacked on? Or is it still truly $0 as before?

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    148
    Device(s)
    LG Google Nexus 5X, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Hello Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by djphilosophy View Post
    For those still using legacy SIMs:

    I previously had the Global Free 100 plan on my account for 100 minutes to international numbers for $0/month. Somehow this gotten taken off my account, but I see that it's still available to add - however, there's an asterisk:

    Does anyone currently have the Global Free 100 plan on their account (and use it) that they can say whether there have been any fees tacked on? Or is it still truly $0 as before?
    Global 100 is still on my account for $0.00.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    697
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020)
    Carrier(s)
    SafeLink(T-Mobile), FreedomPop(AT&T), Google Fi(T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Lightbulb

    I still have Global Free 100 for US$0.00 monthly active, no charge whatsoever. By the way, this is only available with legacy free plan. No other plan even paid plan has this option.

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,393
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just received this email concerning the legacy free plan. Not worth continuing for the new few free minutes and MB. Also note they will switch you to a $4 paid plan if you don't cancel or switch by 5/1/21.

    Action Required for Changes to Your Account

    "We hope you are enjoying your FreedomPop service and want to inform you of some upcoming changes to our free plan.

    In order for us to continue passing on the best value to all of our subscribers, we need to make changes that will have an impact on those enjoying our current free tier.

    Don’t worry, FreedomPop will keep a free tier! But recent rate changes on our data network provider, together with our superior buying power on our largest underlying carrier, make a free offering only viable on our Premium network going forward.

    For those who wish to continue receiving 100% free talk, text, and data, you must upgrade to a Premium SIM by May 1, 2021. With FreedomPop Premium, you get true cellular voice, text, and data - no app required! This means you can experience FreedomPop's amazing value while using your phone as it was meant to be used. Upgrade today at FreedomPop.com.

    If you do not migrate by May 1, 2021, your account will be automatically enrolled into the Essential Plan which offers 350MB and 200 minutes / 200 texts each month for only $3.99/mo."

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    577
    Feedback Score
    0
    "Essential Plan which offers 350MB and 200 minutes / 200 texts each month for only $3.99/mo." - does it use native dialer for calling and texting or it is still VoiP?

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    363
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    "Essential Plan which offers 350MB and 200 minutes / 200 texts each month for only $3.99/mo." - does it use native dialer for calling and texting or it is still VoiP?
    My guess is VoIP because you are using the same SIM.

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    363
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Just received this email concerning the legacy free plan. Not worth continuing for the new few free minutes and MB. Also note they will switch you to a $4 paid plan if you don't cancel or switch by 5/1/21.

    Action Required for Changes to Your Account

    "We hope you are enjoying your FreedomPop service and want to inform you of some upcoming changes to our free plan.

    In order for us to continue passing on the best value to all of our subscribers, we need to make changes that will have an impact on those enjoying our current free tier.

    Don’t worry, FreedomPop will keep a free tier! But recent rate changes on our data network provider, together with our superior buying power on our largest underlying carrier, make a free offering only viable on our Premium network going forward.

    For those who wish to continue receiving 100% free talk, text, and data, you must upgrade to a Premium SIM by May 1, 2021. With FreedomPop Premium, you get true cellular voice, text, and data - no app required! This means you can experience FreedomPop's amazing value while using your phone as it was meant to be used. Upgrade today at FreedomPop.com.

    If you do not migrate by May 1, 2021, your account will be automatically enrolled into the Essential Plan which offers 350MB and 200 minutes / 200 texts each month for only $3.99/mo."
    Received the same email 3 times. Didn't know I had 3 Free SIMs. I'm going to cancel all 3.

  11. #416
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,239
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Just received this email concerning the legacy free plan. Not worth continuing for the new few free minutes and MB. Also note they will switch you to a $4 paid plan if you don't cancel or switch by 5/1/21.

    Action Required for Changes to Your Account

    "We hope you are enjoying your FreedomPop service and want to inform you of some upcoming changes to our free plan.

    In order for us to continue passing on the best value to all of our subscribers, we need to make changes that will have an impact on those enjoying our current free tier.

    Don’t worry, FreedomPop will keep a free tier! But recent rate changes on our data network provider, together with our superior buying power on our largest underlying carrier, make a free offering only viable on our Premium network going forward.

    For those who wish to continue receiving 100% free talk, text, and data, you must upgrade to a Premium SIM by May 1, 2021. With FreedomPop Premium, you get true cellular voice, text, and data - no app required! This means you can experience FreedomPop's amazing value while using your phone as it was meant to be used. Upgrade today at FreedomPop.com.

    If you do not migrate by May 1, 2021, your account will be automatically enrolled into the Essential Plan which offers 350MB and 200 minutes / 200 texts each month for only $3.99/mo."
    I got the same email. The new Essential plan seems like decent deal but I'm planning on cancelling FP before May 1 as I already have a TracFone account with with enough minutes, texts, MBs and days to last me nearly 2 more years
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    3,494
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was able to activate one of the legacy 1GB (per month, 12 months) sims. I provided a new email address but didn't receive the login info. The sim appears to have working data on the phone. However, how can I log in to view account details. Doing the forgotten password on the old my.freedompop.com site shows it sending a recovery link but that link is never received.

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    577
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    My guess is VoIP because you are using the same SIM.
    But there is no FP Messaging App anymore in Google Play or App Store.

    Also, SIM can be easy provisioned with the number.

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    Received the same email 3 times. Didn't know I had 3 Free SIMs. I'm going to cancel all 3.
    Same here, I got 5 emails, didn't know I had that many accounts still active. Now to figure out how to log into all of them....

    Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    3,494
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not going to bother. The virtual CC's have long since expired. Those tied to paypal have been disconnected, on the paypal side. So safe to say another month of the freebie data.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-07-2015, 06:46 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
  3. Upgrading Plan from Voice only to Data + Voice
    By luckystreich in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 05:59 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 12:34 AM
  5. Upgraded from V710 to E815 - Voice Recognition Differences???
    By Flapjack1976 in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 09:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks