Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

Feedback Score
    My unused sim keeps pinging my card for 1 cent.I guess that is what they do to see if there is still an active CC number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    My unused sim keeps pinging my card for 1 cent.I guess that is what they do to see if there is still an active CC number.
    For legacy free LTE plans, they do that if you don't do the required monthly minimum usage. The minimum required usage is five minutes of completed calls from the FP dialer or 5 MB of data.

Feedback Score
    Right after I posted, I noticed that one of the 2 SIMs that was showing the alert stopped service while the other continues to work.

Here we are on day #3 and it's still the case that 1 has the alert and has no service, 1 has the alert but still has service and the 3rd does not have the alert and still has service.

Feedback Score
    Was at an out-of-town Target today, they had several old school 1gb/12 month Sims for sale for $49.99. I didn't know you could still find those anywhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    Was at an out-of-town Target today, they had several old school 1gb/12 month Sims for sale for $49.99. I didn't know you could still find those anywhere.
    i have seen them in target as well, actually got one for a friend. i also got a new free sim for 0.99 and had no issue assisting my friend activate the legacy and than activate the free plan SIM and request a migration just as if the SIM had been mailed out for the migration process.

for my initial migrations i was very reluctant to provide a credit card to activate the new SIM first but after seeing how smooth the process can go that way and also that the credit card and free plan can be easily deleted(i don't know if the credit card remains on file but it disappears from the web portal once the free plan is 'canceled')

also the chat reps have a hard time moving the plan without activating new SIM first yet do it nearly instant each time if free plan is activated first. with a new number that is not porting number from legacy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    For legacy free LTE plans, they do that if you don't do the required monthly minimum usage. The minimum required usage is five minutes of completed calls from the FP dialer or 5 MB of data.
    I guess I need to run speed test once a month. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I guess I need to run speed test once a month. Thanks!
    That's what I do. I use http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/simple

The 4G test uses about 6 MB. Other speed tests can use a whole lot more depending on the data speed.

Also if the line has been inactive for too long sometimes they suspend it. You can go in the online account and click the button to reactivate it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmodlou View Post
    Right after I posted, I noticed that one of the 2 SIMs that was showing the alert stopped service while the other continues to work.

Here we are on day #3 and it's still the case that 1 has the alert and has no service, 1 has the alert but still has service and the 3rd does not have the alert and still has service.
    Day #4 update: Now both SIMs showing the alert have no service. 3rd SIM is still working fine and does not show the alert. However, its billing cycle doesn't end until the 22nd.

One additional piece of information: I got an email on 1/15/21 that said "Please order and activate your upgrade SIM by 1/31/21 to avoid service interruption." Sounds like FreedomPop might finally be making good on their threats.

Feedback Score
    i was able to obtain a legacy 5GB SIM. i activated and than immiediatly activated a premium SIM on the free plan. i opened a chat with support and they immiediatly offered to move over my just activated plan(they also knew it was just activated and commented on that) once complete though i notice the premium line only had 1GB per month data.

that when all hell broke loose and i insisted something was wrong. they insisted premium lines may have a different amount of data, minutes or text than a legacy one. they also said i was credited for my balance. i did not seem to have any cash balance or similar for the difference nor did i have an extended expiration date so i asked them to explain what was meant by 'credited for the balance.' they replied i was given a certain number of minutes, texts and data for a similar value of what the legacy plan had.

i than got transferred upset and demanded the chat be transferred to a supervisor. got pretty much the same response, i than informed them if it does not get fixed would be totally unacceptable and i demanded they reverse the migration process. i was asked to stand by and eventually they did change my plan to one with 5GB per month.

i will give the benefit of the doubt that there may not have been a deliberate effort to short my service but they simple were not equipped to migrate to the 5GB plan and/or had never seen that plan before. but in the end they did put me on a proper plan and i am very happy how things worked out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    i was able to obtain a legacy 5GB SIM. i activated and than immiediatly activated a premium SIM on the free plan. i opened a chat with support and they immiediatly offered to move over my just activated plan(they also knew it was just activated and commented on that) once complete though i notice the premium line only had 1GB per month data.

that when all hell broke loose and i insisted something was wrong. they insisted premium lines may have a different amount of data, minutes or text than a legacy one. they also said i was credited for my balance. i did not seem to have any cash balance or similar for the difference nor did i have an extended expiration date so i asked them to explain what was meant by 'credited for the balance.' they replied i was given a certain number of minutes, texts and data for a similar value of what the legacy plan had.

i than got transferred upset and demanded the chat be transferred to a supervisor. got pretty much the same response, i than informed them if it does not get fixed would be totally unacceptable and i demanded they reverse the migration process. i was asked to stand by and eventually they did change my plan to one with 5GB per month.

i will give the benefit of the doubt that there may not have been a deliberate effort to short my service but they simple were not equipped to migrate to the 5GB plan and/or had never seen that plan before. but in the end they did put me on a proper plan and i am very happy how things worked out.
    Wow, I'm glad it eventually worked out. They migrated my 5gb plan without an issue.....maybe you just got a bad CS rep or two.....

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020)
    Carrier(s)
    SafeLink(T-Mobile), FreedomPop(AT&T), Google Fi(T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tmodlou View Post
    Day #4 update: Now both SIMs showing the alert have no service. 3rd SIM is still working fine and does not show the alert. However, its billing cycle doesn't end until the 22nd.

One additional piece of information: I got an email on 1/15/21 that said "Please order and activate your upgrade SIM by 1/31/21 to avoid service interruption." Sounds like FreedomPop might finally be making good on their threats.
    Recently, I had two SIMs went through billing cycle. First one on March 8th, it took less than a day to complete, and during the billing cycle period, there was no service with suspension warning message at the top of the web page stating credit card information need to be updated. Second one on March 9th, it took more than two days to complete but less than three days, and during the billing cycle period, there was also no service with suspension warning message at the top of the web page stating credit card information need to be updated. Moreover, "MINUTES USED" became "0 / 0 minutes", "MESSAGES SENT" became "0 / 0 text messages" and "DATA USED" became "0 MB / 0 MB of mobile data" for a day or two. Furthermore, "My Subscription" stayed at "A DAYS BILLING DAYS LEFT" for couple days. Then, on the third day, the billing cycle completed, everything went back to normal.

Feedback Score
    All 8 of my free plan FP AT&T LTE SIMs, and my 1 annual prepaid SIM, are still working. I still haven't received any email or USPS mail for any of them. It's really unbelievable how it's seemingly so different for different FP SIMs/accounts.

For those that weren't following along with the FP Global SIM fiasco, my Global SIMs seemed to be some of the very last to lose service, which was also inexplicable.

Feedback Score
    My legacy LTE SIM just stopped working this plan period:
    Alert: Account suspended due to billing issue. Click here to update your credit card or change payment method.
    Updated my CC, Paypal... nothing worked.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020)
    Carrier(s)
    SafeLink(T-Mobile), FreedomPop(AT&T), Google Fi(T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Just wait it out, in few days after billing cycle date, it will work again without having done anything. One thing you may want to try is that in billing tab then top-up credit tab, re-activate expired top-up credit if you have one.

Feedback Score
    My legacy LTE SIM just stopped working this plan period:

Updated my CC, Paypal... nothing worked.
    This happened to me at some time in the not-too-distant-past. If you message @FreedomPop on Twitter, they will fix it for you. You can easily make a Twitter account using fictitious info, or use a friend/family member's account, if you don't already have Twitter.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast