Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Did u guys activate the new SIM card within ur existing accounts (the one with the old SIM cards)? Or did u create a new account with a different email address?
    Existing account. A new account would make no sense for our context, where we/I was trying to upgrade my existing 1 yr SIM. A new account would mean you wanted a new account and you'd be presented with a series of plans to choose from and there'd be no connection to your old plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Did u guys activate the new SIM card within ur existing accounts (the one with the old SIM cards)? Or did u create a new account with a different email address?
    I created new account. Old SIM still works (I may lose the number but data still works), it does not make sense to use existing account.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

I received a new FreedomPop "Premium Voice" sim in the mail yesterday. It said to upgrade by 10/15/2020 even though the sim card was mailed on 10/23/2020. I went ahead and activated the new sim card. I haven't tried it to see if it works with cellular voice/text yet.

One thing I noticed when I logon on to the new account, it looks almost the same as RedPocket except the colors are blue.

Eric

Feedback Score
    10 days after asking some question's on a support ticket i got a response, significant part posted below:

About your plan, If your current billing cycle is scheduled to end after 10/15/2020, the remaining plan balance will be honored on your new account. After you validate your SIM card the system should recognize your preloaded plan.

Regarding the old sim, you can still use it and activate it online at http://ott.freedompop.com/activate. As of now, we don't have a specific time frame as to when the migration will be completed.

Feedback Score
    I got a better response from FP this time. The relevant portion is, "You may still purchase a legacy SIM and plan and activate and use that service. If the legacy product is phased out at a future date, you may receive a free premium voice upgrade"

Feedback Score
    starting to sound promising that we may be alright with migration on the paid plans and possible even activating SIMs we hold a little longer, but when renewal time comes a year from now likely a different story.

Feedback Score
    Let's take it one year at a time :-).

Feedback Score
    AT&T Radiant Core phone received update enabling wi-fi calling with premium Freedompop SIM.

Freedompop Premium SIM card must be in the phone to get this update.

Not very stable (sometimes it fails to regular calls) but if you enable Airplane Mode and, after this, Wi-Fi, you get unlimited wi-fi calling.

RCS/Chat features are enabled too (free texting on Premium Freedompop) but you have to install Google Messages app (RCS not supported by built-in AT&T messages app).
    Last edited by RFK; 10-30-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Feedback Score
    Had to request a SIM... still don't have it a week later.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    Activated within my existing account to migrate an active line.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Did they require a password change? I just tried to migrate my annual plan but it wants me to buy a new plan. It seems to be a real pain in the *** so I stuck my old SIM card back in. I'm glad it still works.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Did they require a password change? I just tried to migrate my annual plan but it wants me to buy a new plan. It seems to be a real pain in the *** so I stuck my old SIM card back in. I'm glad it still works.

No password change

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Read Munkala's detailed post on this. No need to buy a new plan. I too have an annual plan and I too was able to cleanly upgrade following the Munkala method.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This is as far as I get. It wants me to buy a plan. I received 2 sim cards. Assuming because I have 2 accounts?

Name:  Screenshot_20201031-075324~2.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  37.2 KB

Feedback Score
    This is as far as I get. It wants me to buy a plan. I received 2 sim cards. Assuming because I have 2 accounts?

Name:  Screenshot_20201031-075324~2.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  37.2 KB

You said you received 2 sims. Did you try the other sim? Each sim may be assigned to a specific corresponding phone number.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, just tried the other sim card & still wants me to buy a new plan.

The site shows the phone number & says MSISDSN is waiting to migrate to the website. It says in progress & next to that it says click here to migrate. If you click on that the page scrolls down to prompt buying a plan. Ugh

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast