Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It was suspended for inactivity because they were not recording my data use. There is a usage requirement of 5 MB or 5 outgoing calls a month. When suspended for inactivity there is a button on the account page to reactivate. I did that and it started working again. If they don't record the data use it will happen again.
    I see! The same thing JUST happened to me. That is weird.

But here's the upside: Isn't it true that if they don't record the usage, you effectively have unlimited data until the end of the billing cycle, when the account is suspended? Or, is the data still capped, just not shown? But if the latter is true, they should know that you used at least 5 mb, so back to the first part.

Your thoughts?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020)
    Carrier(s)
    SafeLink(T-Mobile), FreedomPop(AT&T), Google Fi(T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    I do not have experience on not counting mobile data usage, but do have a lot of experience on not counting call minutes. Sometimes, it did not count for few days, then it started to count again. Other times, it just did not update my call minutes for few days, then it updated with correct minutes I used.

One thing for sure is that if one consumes more than monthly data quota, the account will be suspended unless you have top-up available and unexpired. If not, even next billing cycle comes will not automatically restart the data flow. One must contact FreedomPop to resume the data flow. If the overage is excessive, they will give hard time to resume the data flow. One time they even deducted overage from next billing cycle quota. Therefore, I would not want to go over their monthly data allowance.

Device(s)
    SE T610
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed that Freedompop hasn't tracked my data usage for over a week (only see a few KB at the beginning of the period even though I've done a Speed Test just to use data- 10+ MB shown on my phone).

I'm not sure what is necessary to keep my free SIM active, but I decided to place a call using the app. I see the minutes under my phone call usage, but my data increased by 2 MB for Phone Call Data Credit. That is really off since I actually used WiFi to make the call! Now I have more "available" data than my monthly allowance.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

My legacy free SIMs have stopped giving mobile data credit for telephone calls when I am using mobile data for a while.

In your case, I would make sure sufficient calls and texts are made and regularly log into https://my.freedompop.com/ to see if the account become inactivated. Once inactivation is noted, reactivate it immediately.

Feedback Score
    The "FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM" app is gone from Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US

I checked that the apks from these two have the same checksum. After installing an apk, I was still able to call an echo number.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/zoomme...-0420-release/

https://m.apkpure.com/freedompop-mes...eedompop.phone

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Wow they must have removed it recently. I just installed it on a phone about 2 weeks ago. It worked yesterday I better check it again today.

Sent from my moto g stylus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I just got my 2nd free upgrade SIM; activation was easy and now that I know to change the APN and delete the Messaging app, the process went quite smoothly. I also chose to get a new number because my old one had an overlay area code that nobody recognized; my new number has a normal local area code, yay! I also found that to get the upgrade SIM for free, you need to register your existing account on the new OLAM; the link does not appear on the legacy OLAM. So I ordered my 3rd (and final) upgrade SIM today.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Question What will be used for the new free plan with only mobile 10 minutes + 10 texts + 25 MB per month?

You are upgrading three legacy free SIMs with VoIP 200 minutes + 500 texts + 250 MB per month to mobile 10 minutes + 10 texts + 25 MB per month. I wonder how are you going to use new free plan.

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    My legacy free SIMs have stopped giving mobile data credit for telephone calls when I am using mobile data for a while.

In your case, I would make sure sufficient calls and texts are made and regularly log into https://my.freedompop.com/ to see if the account become inactivated. Once inactivation is noted, reactivate it immediately.
    thx.
    just re-activated 2 of my legacy sims.
    note: when you reactivate, you lose all you 'friends' data bonus for that month (as usual).

the 3rd legacy sim renewed but lost 1/2 of it's friends data bonus.
    i guess 5 friends no longer uses the legacy sims.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    You are upgrading three legacy free SIMs with VoIP 200 minutes + 500 texts + 250 MB per month to mobile 10 minutes + 10 texts + 25 MB per month. I wonder how are you going to use new free plan.
    Correct. I expect the legacy plan to shut down soon, and these are for backup only (my daily driver is my work phone with unlimited data, although no tethering alas). I agree the new plan is almost useless; I want it for the option value of having a real number in case my main phone dies (I'll just buy more minutes etc if/when needed) and for porting. VOIP is useless to me; I can't use it for 2FA, Uber, Lyft, etc. so even 10 cellular minutes to me is preferable to the FPop Messaging app minutes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Question

I was able to use VoIP number from Google Voice to open account with Lyft and Uber, but neither LINE nor WeChat. I wonder if I get new SIMs then ask for new telephone number, will I have legacy SIM continues to work until eventual shut down? In other words, I will have both VoIP and mobile numbers working. Of course, they will different telephone numbers.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if anything has changed recently, but Lyft worked with no issues with my GV #, but for Uber, I had to ask Uber support to manually set up my GV # in their system. Telegram works fine with my GV #. I haven't used Line or WeChat.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Yes, I opened a Telegram account about couple years ago with Google Voice number just fine.

Feedback Score
    The billing period on 2 out of my 3 legacy free SIMs ended yesterday and are now showing "Alert: Account suspended due to billing issue. Click here to update your credit card or change payment method."

They still seem to be working, though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast