Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie999 View Post
    I have expired card on 3 accounts and they are still able to put trough 1 cent charges monthly. So expired card does not protect you.
    Correct! My Citi virtual cards expired a long time ago. But I kept renewing them on the Citi side and every once in a while I'd see a 1c charge come through. I naturally couldn't update them on the FP side since they no longer accepted those virtual cards.

I now have a single FP "free" account left - on a Citi virtual card. On my daily driver! All other FP accounts closed.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020)
    Carrier(s)
    SafeLink(T-Mobile), FreedomPop(AT&T), Google Fi(T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie999 View Post
    I have expired card on 3 accounts and they are still able to put trough 1 cent charges monthly. So expired card does not protect you.
    I agree as I have experienced the same.

Feedback Score
    I think we can not update billing info on my.freedompop.com anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyk88 View Post
    However, the new SIM only gives HSPA, when I used to always get LTE (tried at two locations).
    I tried different slight changes to APN, and even *#*#4636#*#* (TD-SCDMA/UMTS did not work).
    On 4/6 I chatted on FreedomPop website. Eventually the CSR opened a ticket (I am still waiting for a resolution).
    I still do not get LTE, now that I have tested at three locations.

Quote Originally Posted by andyk88 View Post
    Code:
    Settings > List view
     Network & Internet
      Mobile networks
       Access Point Names > Menu > Add APN
        Name -> f (doesn't matter), APN -> RESELLER, all upper case (hold shift button while typing)
        Menu > Save > f -> ck > back
    "f -> ck" above means check/select the f APN.

By the way, the APN should not be case sensitive.
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...case-sensitive

https://support.freedompop.com/hc/en...s/360026010513
    specifies "RESELLER".

https://www.redpocket.com/configure-handset
    specifies "Reseller".

They make no difference.

The GSMA APN installed from text message does not have supl in APN type.
    It makes no difference.
    https://www.cspsprotocol.com/apn-types/

One thing I have since learned: Do NOT use the port out information from https://my.freedompop.com/settings/port-out-info. Instead, chat on https://premium.freedompop.com to find out what four-digit password to use (it seems to be the same for all old VoIP accounts).

By using the same four-digit password, today's port out worked without intervention on my part. However, today's activation also only gives HSPA, no LTE.

Feedback Score
    I'm hoping for some advice from those who have upgraded a pre-loaded SIM to a new Premium SIM.

I have an active 1GB/12 month legacy SIM. I haven't gotten upgrade emails on the line. Twitter help told me it is not mandatory to upgrade a paid legacy SIM to the Premium SIM, but I won't be able to renew the plan when it expires. The agent said it would be good to upgrade the SIM so I'd be prepared to take advantage of the new plans (which I'm not likely to do.)

For those who have upgraded to the Premium SIM, is there any real advantage to doing so? Does it work any better for data, or have other benefits? If not, I"m tempted to just use the legacy SIM until it expires in 9 months.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    I'm hoping for some advice from those who have upgraded a pre-loaded SIM to a new Premium SIM.

I have an active 1GB/12 month legacy SIM. I haven't gotten upgrade emails on the line. Twitter help told me it is not mandatory to upgrade a paid legacy SIM to the Premium SIM, but I won't be able to renew the plan when it expires. The agent said it would be good to upgrade the SIM so I'd be prepared to take advantage of the new plans (which I'm not likely to do.)

For those who have upgraded to the Premium SIM, is there any real advantage to doing so? Does it work any better for data, or have other benefits? If not, I"m tempted to just use the legacy SIM until it expires in 9 months.
    We always use Google Voice and not the FP number. That being said, having upgraded two 1GB/12 sims at no cost, it's a no-brainer. Same amount of data. But, real (native AT&T) unlimited voice and texts!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    We always use Google Voice and not the FP number. That being said, having upgraded two 1GB/12 sims at no cost, it's a no-brainer. Same amount of data. But, real (native AT&T) unlimited voice and texts!
    I thought the perk of unlimited cellular voice/text only happened to those who converted the prepaid SIMs early, and that it wasn't being included anymore? Is that not true? Almost any amount of included cellular voice/text would encourage me to switch to the Premium SIM, as long as it didn't also include the top-up risk of ultra-small allotments.

Feedback Score
    I thought the perk of unlimited cellular voice/text only happened to those who converted the prepaid SIMs early, and that it wasn't being included anymore? Is that not true? Almost any amount of included cellular voice/text would encourage me to switch to the Premium SIM, as long as it didn't also include the top-up risk of ultra-small allotments.
    Good point. The last SIM that I "converted" was on Jan 29, 2021 and I don't have an active credit card on the account. I do not know what you get if you convert today.

Feedback Score
    my recent conversions have all included unlimited premium talk and text

on my 5GB/month line they first converted to only 1GB/month and argued the same plan is not guaranteed. i had to escalate things and demand a supervisor before they agreed to give me the 5GB/month.

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    I think we can not update billing info on my.freedompop.com anymore.
    i just tried with a digital prepaid visa with $0.02 left on it.
    rejected

Feedback Score
    Thanks, russel & robbyrobby! If there's a decent chance of getting unlimited cellular talk/text, that's definitely worth doing. (Heck, if it gave me 100 minutes, it would be great.) I had read about the struggle with the 5GB migration, so maybe I'll ask via Chat for a confirmation when I start the migration.

My only hesitation, besides not having to go through the pain of migrating, was someone's observation that the old VoIP SIMs will work in some devices that the new SIMs will not work in. (Perhaps an older phone, or a hardware hotspot or tablet.) I do have phones that should work, though, at least until AT&T starts enforcing VoLTE requirements.

Feedback Score
    I currently have 1 active annual prepaid FP 1GB/mo AT&T LTE SIM, and 2 not-yet-activated annual prepaid FP 1GB/mo AT&T LTE SIMs, that I plan to activate at a later date. I use them in one of the old FP (AT&T) Unite hotspots, and plan to continue doing that, so, thanks for mentioning this warning.

I guess my plan at this point is to cancel my 8 FP 250MB/mo AT&T LTE free plan SIMs before 4/30/21. I got a lot of use out of them, including getting 1,200MB/mo for a period of time on some of them with Freedom Friends and Data Sharing between my own FP SIMs, including my (already defunct) 4 FP Global SIMs and 2 FP Sprint SIMs.

It will be sad to let my 8 remaining free plans go, but with the forced changes, it isn't worth keeping them, in my opinion.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus PAYG & T-Mobile Legacy PAYGO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fstuff View Post
    i just tried with a digital prepaid visa with $0.02 left on it.
    rejected
    They do a $20 authorization for credit cards, so a $0.02 debit card will definitely not work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    They do a $20 authorization for credit cards, so a $0.02 debit card will definitely not work.
    It would also have been rejected for being a virtual or prepaid card. They don't take those. Years ago they would take virtual cards, but stopped.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, russel & robbyrobby! If there's a decent chance of getting unlimited cellular talk/text, that's definitely worth doing. (Heck, if it gave me 100 minutes, it would be great.) I had read about the struggle with the 5GB migration, so maybe I'll ask via Chat for a confirmation when I start the migration.

My only hesitation, besides not having to go through the pain of migrating, was someone's observation that the old VoIP SIMs will work in some devices that the new SIMs will not work in. (Perhaps an older phone, or a hardware hotspot or tablet.) I do have phones that should work, though, at least until AT&T starts enforcing VoLTE requirements.
    one other reason may be the possibility of a successfully renewal at expiration to get another year for around $60 (with taxes)

we do not know if the premium plan may be able to be renewed but a suspect the answer is no but possibly the legacy ones will be able to renew

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast