Thread: How to use the Red Pocket 360 day plan?

Feedback Score

How to use the Red Pocket 360 day plan?

I'm on a month to month plan with Red Pocket and I'm considering a 360 day plan on e-bay. I want to keep my phone number. Do I just select sim type: "renewal/existing sim"?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133058350672

I don't know what steps I need to do to get the 360 plan up on my phone. Do I also need to sign in on my Red Pocket account and delete my credit card number which is on auto pay?
    Last edited by morgothaod; 10-11-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes, that should be what you do. Select existing pin when you purchase and they will email it to you. Then apply the pin on the web account management page and it should start you on a new plan at that moment. Do it near the end of your cycle so you don't lose any service on your existing 30 day plan.

I would delete the autopay afterwards to be safe. Probably not necessary.

Assuming you are keeping the same backend service, should be no issue. Switching backend service might be a little more complicated.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    As long as RP in this iteration still sends a refill PIN code. Then I'd order whatever SIM kit I wanted. And apply the PIN & keep the new SIM card as a spare.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    I would order a SIM card with your renewal, because they don't give you a discount for "renewal only". However, I suggest you order a SIM card that matches the current service provider you have now...just in case the generated PIN from RedPocket is tied to the service provider (unlikely, but I wouldn't want to take the chance). For example, if you have Verizon CDMA now, get a SIM CDMA card with your renewal, and keep it as a spare. That way if you lose your phone, you have a SIM ready to put in your new phone.

When you get the PIN emailed to you, you can put it in the text box under the "Already have an existing PIN, Voucher, or Airtime Card?" in your RedPocket account (when you display "line details" which gives your current balances). Like others here warned you, do it near the end of your month cycle otherwise the 360-day plan starts the moment you enter the renewal PIN.
    Last edited by MRothaus; 10-11-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Feedback Score
    Where do you see a discount? Do you just mean that I can get a sim card for the same price as the renewal?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    There is no discount. It's the same price whether you get a SIM card or not so you might as well go ahead and get one as a spare.

The only discounts you generally see are around Black Friday.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    There is no discount. It's the same price whether you get a SIM card or not so you might as well go ahead and get one as a spare.

The only discounts you generally see are around Black Friday.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    So, if I lose my phone and want to keep the same plan and number; I would just put the new sim card information on the RP site and the plan and number would be transferred on the new phone?

When I buy the plan and sim, does the pin they send only work for the new sim card? Can I keep my phone as is without swapping the sims and apply the pin?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morgothaod View Post
    So, if I lose my phone and want to keep the same plan and number; I would just put the new sim card information on the RP site and the plan and number would be transferred on the new phone?

When I buy the plan and sim, does the pin they send only work for the new sim card? Can I keep my phone as is without swapping the sims and apply the pin?
    The pin is not tied to the sim card. Just keep the extra sim as backup in case you ever lose your phone.

Yes. Keep your old sim in the phone and just apply your new pin to your account.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Hey, does anyone know if the plan starts when I purchase, or later when I activate? I don't have a SIM and want to buy the plan before I have the phone delivered.

Feedback Score
    Plan doesn't start until you activate it.

Sent from my SM-F700U1 using HoFo mobile app