Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maybe switching to TF from RedPocket - quick question on carrier

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score

Maybe switching to TF from RedPocket - quick question on carrier

I have CDMA-Verizon with RP, and if I switch to TF, I want to ensure I get Verizon service because it has the best coverage in my area. Do I just tell them I want Verizon or do they determine the carrier?

HSN 1500 T/T/D bundles look like a great deal. Do you just get the addons when necessary for texts or data through Ebay or Tracfone if you need them?
    TZ

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Most TF-branded smartphones nowadays come with TF/Verizon service by default. Tell us the phone(s) on HSN that you're considering and we'll tell you which carrier it uses.

You can buy add-on units on TF web site. See below for current pricing.

Name:  Tracfone-Add-On-offers-2020-04-22.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  24.6 KB

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I'm looking at the Moto G7 Optima Maxx, the Samsung Galaxy A10e, and the LG Premier Pro Plus.

Feedback Score
    Since you are already on Red Pocket with your existing phone, if you want you can always swap service to your previous phone by buying ($1) a BYOD SIM kit. You would do this after activating the bundled phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    I have CDMA-Verizon with RP, and if I switch to TF, I want to ensure I get Verizon service because it has the best coverage in my area. Do I just tell them I want Verizon or do they determine the carrier? HSN 1500 T/T/D bundles look like a great deal. Do you just get the addons when necessary for texts or data through Ebay or Tracfone if you need them?
    HSN has a verify zip code coverage box to enter the zip code to see if the phone will work in your area.

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    HSN has a verify zip code coverage box to enter the zip code to see if the phone will work in your area.
    Yes, I just want to make sure I'll get CDMA-V because AT&T stinks in my neighborhood. If they say both AT&T and Vz work with the phone and in my zip, I still want to make sure I get Vz. How do I do that? Not simple like it was with RP where you say what carrier you want.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I just want to make sure I'll get CDMA-V because AT&T stinks in my neighborhood. If they say both AT&T and Vz work with the phone and in my zip, I still want to make sure I get Vz. How do I do that? Not simple like it was with RP where you say what carrier you want.
    Based on the stated "Mode: CDMA" in the Specs on HSN, all of the 3 phones you listed use TF/Verizon. TF has not sold any smartphones that come with AT&T by default for over a year. You can verify which carrier the phone uses by looking at the color of the US Map on the front of the box. Red=Verizon, Blue=AT&T, Pink= T-mobile.

When looking at TF bundles on HSN, they usually have the same phone bundled with the same 1-yr 1500 T/T/D but different accessories and different prices. Pick the one that fits your needs.

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Based on the stated "Mode: CDMA" in the Specs on HSN, all of the 3 phones you listed use TF/Verizon. TF has not sold any smartphones that come with AT&T by default for over a year. You can verify which carrier the phone uses by looking at the color of the US Map on the front of the box. Red=Verizon, Blue=AT&T, Pink= T-mobile.

When looking at TF bundles on HSN, they usually have the same phone bundled with the same 1-yr 1500 T/T/D but different accessories and different prices. Pick the one that fits your needs.
    Thanks, that helps! I am looking at the bundles on QVC and HSN. Unbelievable pricing considering you're getting a brand new phone and a bunch of service that can be supplemented with addons. RP has messed up my service and I'm very tempted to try TF for a year. I bought a new Pixel XL on Ebay but for the same price I can get 1500/1500/1500 basically free.

I use very few minutes because I use Google Voice and wifi mostly for data. Texts would be the only add-on I'd probably need.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I am looking at the bundles on QVC and HSN. Unbelievable pricing considering you're getting a brand new phone and a bunch of service that can be supplemented with addons.
    With the great price of a bundle (cheaper than a 1-yr card), many of us here buy the bundle to "harvest" the 1-yr and 1500 T/T/D for our existing phone, then sell/store/give away the new phone.

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    Since you are already on Red Pocket with your existing phone, if you want you can always swap service to your previous phone by buying ($1) a BYOD SIM kit. You would do this after activating the bundled phone.
    Thank you, but I really need a new phone which is what started me down this road.

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    In your opinions, which would be a better choice, the LG Premier Pro Plus L455DL or Moto G7 Optimo Maxx Xt1955DL?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    In your opinions, which would be a better choice, the LG Premier Pro Plus L455DL or Moto G7 Optimo Maxx Xt1955DL?
    Some people like Moto phones, but to me their sound volume for calls is too low (I have very good hearing, BTW). I prefer LG phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    With the planned purchase of TF by Verizon, there are strong incentives for new customers to be put on the Verizon network.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, HPHAM. I've had both. Currently a LG G5 which has terrible battery life and screen burn. I've had Motos where the touch screen died. So I'm looking at specs and reviews. Surprisingly the LG reviews aren't great even though it's a 2020 phone.

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    With the planned purchase of TF by Verizon, there are strong incentives for new customers to be put on the Verizon network.
    Thank you. Not crazy that neither HSN or QVC have free returns in case something doesn't pan out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast