Thread: Moto G7 Optimo Max XT1955DL Tracfone bundle from HSN - confirm carrier

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score

Moto G7 Optimo Max XT1955DL Tracfone bundle from HSN - confirm carrier

Has anyone purchased this phone on HSN or QVC in the Tracfone bundle? Can you confirm that the box had the network in Red or just confirm that the phone uses Verizon?

I see neither website has free returns, so want to make sure since that's the only carrier with good service at my home.

Thank you!
    TZ

Feedback Score
    If you look under specs. it says CDMA. So it is verizon

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, KC.

The $109.99 with the 1500 looks like a nice deal. Anyone have insight on BF deals for Tracfone? Is there potentially a better price if I wait?

Feedback Score
    Anyone having issues with LTE after the Android 10 upgrade?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    Thanks, KC.

The $109.99 with the 1500 looks like a nice deal. Anyone have insight on BF deals for Tracfone? Is there potentially a better price if I wait?
    The DL models from HSN are pretty well known to come with Verizon service. My XT1920DL Moto E5 from HSN is definitely Verizon and the map on the box is red.

CDMA in the HSN specs for the XT1955DL is a strong indication that it is Verizon. Tracfone doesn't use Sprint so it couldn't be Sprint.

You will probably never see CDMA. Verizon has switched to VoLTE voice for all new phone activations. Vz is also turning off CDMA at the end of 2020. The XT1955DL is VoLTE compatible. VoLTE voice sounds good, like a landline.

The XT1955DL will come with Android 9. It should update to Android 10 if you want it. If you don't want it you will have to keep dismissing the reminder.

BF is a crap shoot every year. I got my E5 HSN bundle last year in December for $30 as a first time customer special. There probably will be some BF/holiday specials from HSN and elsewhere, but who knows what phones they will be.

I also have to use Verizon. They are the only one with good signal inside my house.

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    The DL models from HSN are pretty well known to come with Verizon service. My XT1920DL Moto E5 from HSN is definitely Verizon and the map on the box is red.

CDMA in the HSN specs for the XT1955DL is a strong indication that it is Verizon. Tracfone doesn't use Sprint so it couldn't be Sprint.

You will probably never see CDMA. Verizon has switched to VoLTE voice for all new phone activations. Vz is also turning off CDMA at the end of 2020. The XT1955DL is VoLTE compatible. VoLTE voice sounds good, like a landline.

The XT1955DL will come with Android 9. It should update to Android 10 if you want it. If you don't want it you will have to keep dismissing the reminder.

BF is a crap shoot every year. I got my E5 HSN bundle last year in December for $30 as a first time customer special. There probably will be some BF/holiday specials from HSN and elsewhere, but who knows what phones they will be.

I also have to use Verizon. They are the only one with good signal inside my house.
    Thanks, Bob. I always like to have the latest OS updates. There is a $20 code for 1st purchase, so I'd use that. I need 32gb, so that limits some of the great deals.

Device(s)
    G7 Optimo Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Anyone having issues with LTE after the Android 10 upgrade?
    Yes, I have had to restart my phone to get LTE to work occasionally. Usually keep data off.